• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MYW / Old Park Hopper Options Spreadsheet

Rash

Gosh, it sure is swell in here.
After racking my brain for weeks trying to decide whether to get credit for my unused PH days toward a MYW ticket or just use the remaining days, I decided to create a spreadsheet to do the work for me so my brain could rest and enjoy football.

The spreadsheet can be found at:

http://home.nc.rr.com/mackowsky/MYW.xls

To download the file to your computer, right click on the link and choose "Save Target As".

Hopefully, someone will find this as useful as I have. I know I've seen a lot of posts on these boards on this very issue, so perhaps this will help answer some of those questions.

Just updated some cosmetic errors - sorry to anyone who downloaded before then!

okay - one more edit. sorry to anyone who downloaded before I unlocked the spreadsheet!

bumping ... posted this late last night, didn't want it the early-to-bed crowd to miss it!

Thanks for sharing this spreadsheet!! Very generous of you.

I have a wrinkle to ask about. I have several parkhopper passes with a day left on each, and varying numbers of plus features. Is it possible to use the spreadsheet? (Excuse me, please, for being too lazy to figure it out myself - I'm thrilled with your tool!) :confused3

DisneyaHolic23 said:
Thanks for sharing this spreadsheet!! Very generous of you.

I have a wrinkle to ask about. I have several parkhopper passes with a day left on each, and varying numbers of plus features. Is it possible to use the spreadsheet? (Excuse me, please, for being too lazy to figure it out myself - I'm thrilled with your tool!) :confused3

It is my understanding that the plus options have no extra monetary value. In other words, Disney only uses the gate price of the ticket to determine credit value, and then applies this credit toward a new MYW ticket. As far as what new MYW ticket you are "allowed" to buy, it's best to call Disney on that - the policy seems to be that you have to buy a MYW ticket with similar options (in your case, park hopping and plus pack). However, others have reported being able to use the credit toward ANY MYW ticket, regardless of configuration.

So yes, you should be able to use the spreadsheet as long as you know what you paid for the tickets. Keep in mind, if you bought your tickets from a discount source, you may actually get more credit than the spreadsheet indicates if Disney's gate price for your tickets was higher than you paid.

****UPDATED 2/1/2005****
I have added a section that shows the cost of the new MYW ticket after crediting the unused park hopper days (previously only the total cost of the MYW AND the old park hopper ticket was shown). I've also fixed an error that allowed for advance purchase of a child ticket of less than 5 days (only 5 days or more are available for advance purchase).

****UPDATED 1/25/2005****
I have updated the file format so that those using older versions of Excel can now open the file. Please post or PM me if there any problems.

****UPDATED 1/24/2005*****
Recent information suggests that Disney MAY allow you to credit your unused Park Hopper days toward ANY Magic Your Way ticket (not just the MYW with park hopper and no expiration). In light of this possibility, I have upgraded the WDW Ticket Cost Analyzer to allow crediitng toward ANY MYW ticket.

This also allows you to use the WDW Ticket Cost Analyzer to just determine the cost of MYW tickets, even if you don't have old Park Hopper tickets.

Hope it helps!

The last I was told (could also change in the future) is that only one old ticket can be traded up when buying a new ticket.

The worst thing to do is use up one or more old tickets and also buy a new ticket with less than ten days to finish your vacation with.

If there are plusses remaining on your old tickets you may prefer to hold on to the tickets as-is while you use up the plusses.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/dispass.htm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter