MythBusters at VWL!!

Hee hee, cute post, Granny, but I think your parking lot one disproved itself. Now go take a picture of your car parked directly outside the door of your OKW villa and tell me the VWL parking isn't far away!:lmao:

Stay at BWV and get the last room top floor by jellroles, thats a long hallllll.

Hee hee, cute post, Granny, but I think your parking lot one disproved itself. Now go take a picture of your car parked directly outside the door of your OKW villa and tell me the VWL parking isn't far away!:lmao:

Diane...don't drag OKW into this! I might have to count the steps from the bus stop to the last villa I stayed in! :eek:

Besides, the picture I should have taken would have been from the valet drive up area to the WL lobby...about 25 feet. That's all the farther I ever have to walk to get to air conditioning! :)

I think the longest parking lot trek I've ever made was when my girlfriends and I "self-parked" at the Grand Floridian -- oh my! We decided then and there to always valet when it's offered, even when we have to pay for it :)

We valet at VWL but always keep an extra set of keys should we need to get something from the car so we don't have to have it "brought around." DH would just as soon self-park and self-baggage, but I like to have someone else do all the work (though DH doing it would meet that criteria - hee hee).

I was surprised at how short the hallways were at VWL.

Diane...don't drag OKW into this! I might have to count the steps from the bus stop to the last villa I stayed in! :eek:

Besides, the picture I should have taken would have been from the valet drive up area to the WL lobby...about 25 feet. That's all the farther I ever have to walk to get to air conditioning! :)

LOL, I'm doomed at VWL to use the self parking, since DH refuses to allow valet to even park his rental!

LOL, I'm doomed at VWL to use the self parking, since DH refuses to allow valet to even park his rental!

Hey Diane

Next time DH refuses to use valet at VWL, just tell him to drop you off at the front. You be waiting for him in those relaxing rockers by the fireplace:thumbsup2

Myth #1: "That hallway at VWL is soooooooooo long!!"

Evidence:

Well, here's a photo of the "long" hallway at VWL.
28707HPIM1388.JPG

You can see the window at the end of the hallway. And I counted only 14 villas' doors on the left side (11 on the right side if I recall correctly).

14 villas to the end of the hall? Pulleeeez! For a BWV veteran, that would qualify as "close to the elevators". :rotfl:

Verdict: MYTH BUSTED!

BTW, please take this whole thread with the ;) intended!

But Granny I was at the end of that very long hall :eek: , I really need to start making some requests other than just non smoking, and believe me at the end of every day it just seemd to get longer and longer and longer and ... well you get the point.

All I could think about was the comment someone made about it that I read just before we left about it reminding them of the hallway in the Shining, especially when I was walking it alone! :rotfl:

I think we were in room 3561. There was only one more room past us!

Lori

MarylandMommy........I agree with your shortcut idea....head for the bus stop...however, when you do that you miss the full WOW effect of the WL lobby......no matter how many times I walk through the lobby .....I still get the WOW feeling....

I just don't get the complaint about the hallways at VWL or the walk from the parking lot. :confused3

During our recent trip we stayed at both BWV and VWL. Our 1-bedroom (BW view) was a couple of doors away from the end of the hallway. The walk from self park to the room was quite a hike (still loved it though).

Where in the world in the World can you get away with not walking?

So my suggestion is just have fun, move your tush and for pity's sake, stop noshing and just eat a piece of fruit.:love:

Hey Diane

Next time DH refuses to use valet at VWL, just tell him to drop you off at the front. You be waiting for him in those relaxing rockers by the fireplace:thumbsup2

Well, that's what we always do anyway! LOL! He's the sucker who has to walk in from the car, but I have to walk with him when we need to go back out to it!

Seriously, Granny, I love your choice of Home away from home! I don't stay there because it's too much like my real home, and I want my Florida vacation to look like Florida. I do visit WL at least once a trip though. I love to just walk around the Iron Spike room, and I love the WL lobby and Artist Point for dinner. We feel comfortable there because of the logs.

Seriously, Granny, I love your choice of Home away from home! I don't stay there because it's too much like my real home, and I want my Florida vacation to look like Florida. I do visit WL at least once a trip though. I love to just walk around the Iron Spike room, and I love the WL lobby and Artist Point for dinner. We feel comfortable there because of the logs.
Diane...I know you were just poking some fun. I never take any of your posts as a bash. And I don't really worry about resort bashing anyway...as long as I like it, what difference does it make if other people don't care for it.

I just wanted to have some fun with the "myths". :)

loribell said:
But Granny I was at the end of that very long hall :eek: , I really need to start making some requests other than just non smoking, and believe me at the end of every day it just seemd to get longer and longer and longer and ... well you get the point.

All I could think about was the comment someone made about it that I read just before we left about it reminding them of the hallway in the Shining, especially when I was walking it alone! :rotfl:
Next time, just keep repeating to yourself over and over...."at least it's not BWV, at least it's not BWV, at least....." :lmao:

Truth or Myth:

Walk down the covered corridor from the WL to the Villas.

At the interesection where the Topiary Mickey is, go left, go down the stairs, and look at the entrance door.

On the upper left hand corner, where a hinge should be, there is actually a door bolt holding the door together.

Truth!!!

And compared to the GF, we don't think the self park is bad at VWL-we called the self park at GF the "schlep park" because man, did we have a loooong walk.

And compared to the GF, we don't think the self park is bad at VWL-we called the self park at GF the "schlep park" because man, did we have a loooong walk.

YES!
Whenever I hear people complaining about how far away parking is at VWL or BWV, I think about the hikes I've made from GFself-park and then it doesn't seem so bad! :rotfl:

Well, that's what we always do anyway! LOL! He's the sucker who has to walk in from the car, but I have to walk with him when we need to go back out to it!

Here is a solution to that. Next time you are at WL, as you walk out, sit down on those benches and tell him you will wait there for him to pick you up. Course, dont do it if you think he might drive off and leave you there:scared1: If he did pick you up, at least you would have half a valet service:cool1:

Here is a solution to that. Next time you are at WL, as you walk out, sit down on those benches and tell him you will wait there for him to pick you up. Course, dont do it if you think he might drive off and leave you there:scared1: If he did pick you up, at least you would have half a valet service:cool1:

LOL, I've done that too!

Our first stay after becoming members was at VWL and we were 2 doors from the end of the hallway. THEN we stayed at BWV. We were also 2 doors from the end of that hallway too. BWV is definitely longer, but they were at least considerate enough to give you benches to rest on during your trips to and from the elevators.

:rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl:

i'll be lookin for those benches:goodvibes
Kerri

I can't believe that people think the hallways are long and the parking is remote at VWL...it's the most compact and one of the smallest resorts at WDW...let them go the CBR and see how to define the term "far away "

Long as Jack's not a guest;) My family gets the giggles every time we walk down the hallway thinking how much it looks like the one in the movie.

We luv it so:cloud9: Think for some it's moreso the initial trek from the main lobby, down the walkway, into the Villas, etc. that is off-putting...no biggie imo.

Self-parking? They have self-parking? No thank you, do enough walking in the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter