myrtle Beach

rockundergirl

rockundergirl
Has anyone been to Myrtle Beach? I just found out I'm going for a work trip next week. Just for two nights. Work pays for hotel and food, so that's not a concern, but i was thinking of maybe seeing the sites a little. Any touring would have to be on the cheap side ( i can budget about 75.00 for touring) any ideas?

Hi! I live about 2 hours from MB and go several times a year. There is a lot to do there, depending on what you like.

If you want to do some major shopping, go to the Tanger Outlets (the ones on Hwy 17 - don't even bother with the outlet on Hwy 501!).

You can also go to Broadway at the Beach or Barefoot Landing. Both have a variety of stores and restaurants. Broadway also has a movie theater and a miniature golf course.

One the most fun things to do is to drive up the "strip" (Ocean Blvd) at night. Ton of people there and lots to see. This is one of the things that may depend on your age and personality :) This is mostly the under 25 crowd.

If you want to drive south a little bit (maybe 15-20 minutes from central MB), you can go to Brook Green Gardens, which is a really neat place. Lots of beautiful gardens, fountains and some animals/birds.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to PM me!

We go to Myrtle every year. There are SO many things you can do...what type of things are you looking for? You can pretty much find anything you're looking for there...have fun!

Hi! I live about 2 hours from MB and go several times a year. There is a lot to do there, depending on what you like.

If you want to do some major shopping, go to the Tanger Outlets (the ones on Hwy 17 - don't even bother with the outlet on Hwy 501!).

You can also go to Broadway at the Beach or Barefoot Landing. Both have a variety of stores and restaurants. Broadway also has a movie theater and a miniature golf course.

One the most fun things to do is to drive up the "strip" (Ocean Blvd) at night. Ton of people there and lots to see. This is one of the things that may depend on your age and personality :) This is mostly the under 25 crowd.

If you want to drive south a little bit (maybe 15-20 minutes from central MB), you can go to Brook Green Gardens, which is a really neat place. Lots of beautiful gardens, fountains and some animals/birds.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to PM me!

Assuming you'll need things to do at night, right? I agree with all of this besides knowing about the Gardens. There's also a great restaurant in Calabash (just ask the hotel's front desk how to get there) named Haley's. It's on the left on the main street that takes you into Calabash. In fact, there's tons of really good seafood restaurants there. You may also want to look at the schedule for House of Blues. HOB's is at Barefoot Landing but I'd suggest going to Broadway at the Beach. It does have most of the same stores/restaurants but a lot more, it's newer, several clubs, IMAX, putt putt, movie theater, and I just enjoy the scenery better. Liberty Steakhouse is great there. Plus you could ride some of the historic Pavillion rides (like a carnival). The Pavillion was on the main "strip" for decades until the bulldosed it to build condos. You could also run in one of the trashy/gaudy beach stores (Wings, Bargain, Eagles) for a true Myrtle Beach experience. Haha. They sell all kinds of junk but it's fun, once, to waste time. The Mangolian grill in NMB is really good too. I think it's called Fire Empire. NMB has the best ice cream. Go N on 17/Kings Hwy pass the Tanger outlets. There's Painters on the left a couple of blocks before Main St or the Sugar Shack on Main St. Wow! Didn't plan to write that much. PM if you have more questions.

I love Greg Normans for Chocolate souffle, River City Cafe for a great burger, Shuckers for oysters and shrimp, TBonz for a nice steak, Tony Romas for ribs and go to Murrell's Inlet for fresh seafood. Do not get suckered into one of the seafood buffets. I like Sea Captians House for a nice seasick breakfast or you can go to Dino's. A nice local hang out is The Office.

For shopping I agree with the Tanger Outlet. You have one on 501 and on 17.

As far as touring I do not see much to tour.

You can go to Ripley's aquarium but it is expensive. We like it though.

Carolina Opry is fun but you need to enjoy country music to enjoy this show.

You have a House of Blues and Alabama Theather as well to chose from. All of which is at Barefool Landing.

You definitely need to go to Broadway at the Beach, it has everything! You could eat at Margaritaville, or the Japanese Steakhouse, both are great. Or there is Senor Frogs. My fav place to eat there is California Dreaming or Carolina Roadhouse. Prime Rib, she-crab soup, YUM!!!!!!! That restaurant is a must-do for us every trip, and we go every year! There is a new place there, the Market Commons, which has a lot of shops. But, I think Broadway is the best. I love just walking around there, enjoying the atmosphere. Good place to be entertained, and you don't have to buy anything. They also let off fireworks, but not sure the dates for those. I think it is on Tuesday nights, but not sure. If you have any questions, pm me. I have been going to MB since I was a baby! You will have a great time!

We got back two weeks ago. I second Broadway at the Beach. We hit Joe's Crab Shack to eat and Margarativille on two seperate nights. Plenty to keep you busy there.

My suggestions:

Already mentioned- Broadway on the Beach and Brook Green Gardens

My favorite beach ever- across the street from Brook Green Gardens is Huntington Beach State Park. I think it is $5 per person to get in but it is well worth it. Beautiful clean uncrowded beach, lots of wildlife in the marsh area, and a castle in ruins.

We stayed at a great resort in Murrell's Inlet last year that had a private beach and pools but we still payed to go to Huntington Beach.

We had a great dinner at Broadway at the Beach at Liberty Steak House. Go early for happy hour for $2.50 pints of great beer. The White Ale was terrific. We also did the Grand Cirque show at The Palace Theater and really enjoyed it. The afternoon performance was $30 for adults and $10 for kids though, so kind of pricey.

we heard of a place that you have pics taken with wild animals.. where is this???

we heard of a place that you have pics taken with wild animals.. where is this???

This is at Barefoot Landing on the upper portion.. They have a setup where you can take a picture with a baby tiger or monkey. The proceeds go to a refuge to save tigers.

Have been going to Myrtle Beach since I was a baby. We have a friend who is from Myrtle Beach ( I think the family has lived there since his great-grandfather). Anyway, if you want AWESOME seafood in a setting right on the ocean, you must go to the Sea Captain's House. It is a Myrtle Beach institution. The locals eat there along with us visitors who's parents grew up going to Myrtle Beach and then took the kids there every summer. There will be a wait, but it is so worth it. Broadway at the Beach is nice for shopping, but we don't usually eat there because we can get that kind of food at home. Hope you have a great time.

This is at Barefoot Landing on the upper portion.. They have a setup where you can take a picture with a baby tiger or monkey. The proceeds go to a refuge to save tigers.

cool! is there anything else worth a hoot there and do you know how much it costs??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter