my ticket experience

I'm wondering if I can arrive at RPR early in the morning, upgrade one of our 4 day passes (from UT) and then immediately use that AP as proof for the annual pass hotel discount. I can book a room right now with the AP rate but have to show "proof" when checking in. Then, once checked in, get EP for the day and off we go to enjoy the parks!
I'm not sure how early the ticket desk is open at RPR. I do know that you have to show proof of annual pass to get the annual pass rate sometime during your trip, not at check in. We went in Aug and upgraded our tickets during our first day at the park (and stood in a VERY long line). We stopped by the desk late one night on our way back from the parks and showed proof of my annual pass. I was told as long as you do it by the night before you check out you are good. (That's when your final bill for your stay is calculated) You do not need your tickets to get your EP. All you need to do is put your room card into the EP ticket machine off to the side of the check in desk to create your EP ticket

I was also told that you do not want to upgrade your tickets to an annual pass until AFTER you have entered the park. You will then get the full gate price for your ticket. So I suggest not standing in line inside/outside the park but doing it at the ticket counter at the hotel (after having used the ticket, but before you leave the park on your last day!) MUCH easier, believe me!! We aren't rope drop people so while we were downstairs at the grab and go breakfast I walked over and upgraded my kids passes and the whole process took maybe 5-10 min and that was for three kids.

So is the Universal Annual Passes more at the gate than online? The seasonal AP is $260 online, but $285 at the gate? So is the $320 Power Pass $345 at the gate? Sorry for the confusion, but just trying to figure out if buying tickets and bridging them is better than just buying the passes. We are looking at going to Universal the first time during the Seasonal AP's black out dates so thats why we are looking at the Power Passes.

The $260 price if for Florida Resident, $285 for everyone else. I believe it is the same price online and at the gate for APs, regular tickets cost more at the gate.

The $260 price if for Florida Resident, $285 for everyone else. I believe it is the same price online and at the gate for APs, regular tickets cost more at the gate.

Thanks! I was on the Florida Resident page. Is there a place to see how much more the tickets are at the gate to calculate bridge prices?

Thanks! I was on the Florida Resident page. Is there a place to see how much more the tickets are at the gate to calculate bridge prices?

Just add $20 to the online price of the multi-day tickets to get the gate prices. One day tickets are the same.

One more question, I promise (at least for now)! If we go in July with multi-day tickets then at the end go to upgrade, am I correct to assume that since it's during the black out dates for the seasonal pass, we would have to upgrade to the premium or would they let us upgrade to the seasonal? The next time we were going to go would be in October.

One more question, I promise (at least for now)! If we go in July with multi-day tickets then at the end go to upgrade, am I correct to assume that since it's during the black out dates for the seasonal pass, we would have to upgrade to the premium or would they let us upgrade to the seasonal? The next time we were going to go would be in October.

You can upgrade to whatever you want. Do it outside the park on your last day.

YMMV, but the upgrade should be $10.60 as the difference between the gate 3 day price and the seasonal AP is $10 and $0.60 for tax. A few have reported not getting the bridged price, but many have reported getting it. Just use the ticket first and upgrade in the park.
thanks

I'm wondering if I can arrive at RPR early in the morning, upgrade one of our 4 day passes (from UT) and then immediately use that AP as proof for the annual pass hotel discount. I can book a room right now with the AP rate but have to show "proof" when checking in. Then, once checked in, get EP for the day and off we go to enjoy the parks!
From what I have heard you can show hte AP pass before your last day and they will take care of it then, becuase you dont get final bill till the last day yoiu are there. So you will have time to come back later after the parks to show your AP

show the ap during your stay and before check out to hold your ap rate

If I buy UT passes for my family (2 day plus one free day park to park) I save $25 in all. I need to upgrade four of those passes to APs. What is the benefit of buying from UT and bridging over just buying the APs outright, apart from the $25 savings?

If I buy UT passes for my family (2 day plus one free day park to park) I save $25 in all. I need to upgrade four of those passes to APs. What is the benefit of buying from UT and bridging over just buying the APs outright, apart from the $25 savings?

UT 2 day get one free is $250 including everything. Universal's 3 day is $271.50 including tax.

If you upgrade those tickets to an AP, you will save $21.50 per ticket, so you'll actually be saving $86.00

others have suggested you can upgrade tickets to ap in order ro come out ahead

Not many are aware of this gift

I think we are going to upgrade 3 of our P2P 2+1 to a seasonal pass. For this trip Jim only got 2 day base (he has a conference and wont need the 3rd day or the P2P)
If we go back later in the year it will provide discounts on room and tickets for him and Kaitlyn - am I correct in my assumption?? Its been SO long since I have had to think about this...lol

Should I call Cabana Bay and get the better room at the AP price? Just use our existing reservation #?

I think we are going to upgrade 3 of our P2P 2+1 to a seasonal pass. For this trip Jim only got 2 day base (he has a conference and wont need the 3rd day or the P2P)
If we go back later in the year it will provide discounts on room and tickets for him and Kaitlyn - am I correct in my assumption?? Its been SO long since I have had to think about this...lol

Should I call Cabana Bay and get the better room at the AP price? Just use our existing reservation #?

You can check online to see if there are any rooms available at the APH rate.

There were better rooms available for a cheaper price we are paying for a standard. Going to call them this afternoon.

There were better rooms available for a cheaper price we are paying for a standard. Going to call them this afternoon.

check the ap site to see what benefits you will have with the seasonal.
i know hotel ap discounts, tickets and blue man group are allowed with the seasonal pass

hopefully if you can get a great hotel discount, you'll have more to spend on butter beer

Any luck? Did you check out convention rates, usually very competitive there

Will they ask you to show your AP at check in? If so, do you just tell them you are upgrading your tickets while you are there and will come back and show it after you upgrade? We were going to buy 2 seasonal APs (2 rooms) and buy the rest of our group's tickets at UT (buy 2/get 1 free tix). If we don't have to show at check in, it will definitely be cheaper to upgrade at the park.

Will they ask you to show your AP at check in? If so, do you just tell them you are upgrading your tickets while you are there and will come back and show it after you upgrade? We were going to buy 2 seasonal APs (2 rooms) and buy the rest of our group's tickets at UT (buy 2/get 1 free tix). If we don't have to show at check in, it will definitely be cheaper to upgrade at the park.
Yes, you can bring the AP back to the front desk during your stay. It will definetly be cheaper to upgrade after you use the ticket. If you don't want to wait in a line INSIDE the park you can do it at the hotel ticket counter. I know RPR has one not sure of all the others. I was able to book both of our rooms under my name to get the discount using my AP. So check with the hotel you may not need to get two APs unless you really want to go back

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter