my ticket experience

Sorry...I have a quick question for those that bought from Sam's. After I purchased my "voucher" said that the tickets would be emailed to me within 7 days. eek...we leave Saturday. how long did it take ya'll to get your emailed tickets?

Sorry...I have a quick question for those that bought from Sam's. After I purchased my "voucher" said that the tickets would be emailed to me within 7 days. eek...we leave Saturday. how long did it take ya'll to get your emailed tickets?
Don't forget to check your junk mail

Mine came the same day that I ordered. I placed the order around 10am, the email came around 7 pm.

I ordered in the evening and got the email the next day.

Wow this thread was really helpful.

So I am thinking of buying 4 adult and one child 3 day P2P tickets for a trip this weekend. If I buy them today through Sam's it seems like I should have them in time and then upgrading to an AP for a significant savings for a trip later in 2017. Assuming there are no blackout dates for these tix??

Can anyone tell me about adding express pass? Thinking that it will be necessary for the holiday weekend.

Wow this thread was really helpful.

So I am thinking of buying 4 adult and one child 3 day P2P tickets for a trip this weekend. If I buy them today through Sam's it seems like I should have them in time and then upgrading to an AP for a significant savings for a trip later in 2017. Assuming there are no blackout dates for these tix??

Can anyone tell me about adding express pass? Thinking that it will be necessary for the holiday weekend.

You can get a disconnected express pass or you can stay onsite (at HRH, RPR or PBH) and express pass is included.

Last edited:
So staying onsite this trip,is not an option so that is part of why I am thinking of upgrading to a premier AP

We will be upgrading ours this weekend too. Unfortunately, I have to wait until Sunday to upgrade so we can get into Universal Studios on the concert dates so I will probably be hit with the increased seasonal pass cost.

I believe that you are trying to get admission using your ticket on a concert day then upgrade it to a Seasonal Pass that blocks you USO access on a concert day. I am in a similar situation and I wonder whether the same is allowable for Seasonal Pass blockout dates. We will be visiting in August starting on the last day of the summer blockout dates. Will I NOT be allowed to upgrade my 2-day park to park ticket to the Seasonal Pass as I am leaving the park if I enter the parks using one day of the ticket on my arrival day? I am worried that I would only be allowed to upgrade to other APs, not the Seasonal Pass. Any info is appreciated! TIA!!

I believe that you are trying to get admission using your ticket on a concert day then upgrade it to a Seasonal Pass that blocks you USO access on a concert day. I am in a similar situation and I wonder whether the same is allowable for Seasonal Pass blockout dates. We will be visiting in August starting on the last day of the summer blockout dates. Will I NOT be allowed to upgrade my 2-day park to park ticket to the Seasonal Pass as I am leaving the park if I enter the parks using one day of the ticket on my arrival day? I am worried that I would only be allowed to upgrade to other APs, not the Seasonal Pass. Any info is appreciated! TIA!!

Shouldn't be an issue.

Just wanted to give an update on our ticket experience. I purchased 4 day P2P passes from Undercover Tourist (reg 4 day, not 3+1 free). We upgraded them to seasonal passes after we used them for 2 days. We upgraded right at RPR ticket counter and it didn't cost us a penny!

FYI - Sam's notified me they will no longer sell discounted tickets to Orlando attractions such as Universal as of Jan 1, 2017. I have a room only booked through them for Orlando and they wanted to let me know about this if I was thinking of getting tickets too. Their price for Universal tickets is the best I can find out there right now. So just an FYI if you're thinking of them for tickets for any upcoming trips.

Thanks OP. We plan on going, 3 high school grads and myself in May. One of the girls is at Universal now, due to your thread I told her to see how much it would be to upgrade her ticket to an AP, then she would not need another ticket in May. Today she checked - $32 was her upgrade. Score for her! Thanks again.

Yep, I waited till after the holidays to buy my tickets. I renewed my Sam's Club membership online, then went to the Sam's Travel page--only to find it no longer existed. Then when I called back to cancel my membership renewal, I had to (politely) argue with an angry CSR who didn't believe me that the travel site was gone. She was quite snippy even after she looked it up herself. Ah well, I'm sympathetic to call-center employees. For the most part.

Should have jumped on it sooner. I ended up buying regular Seasonal Passes on the UO site so I could stop worrying about the upgrade issue (I have an AP rate hotel booked).

Ok I want to clarify too....If I go ahead and buy my tix from undercover tourist. I get a 2 day 2 park to park with a 3rd day free. But when I get there I can upgrade one of these to AP? the tickets are 250 a piece so my upgrade will be about 30 dollars because the AP seasonal is 280...Just want to make sure and get this deal before its gone...any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

Ok I want to clarify too....If I go ahead and buy my tix from undercover tourist. I get a 2 day 2 park to park with a 3rd day free. But when I get there I can upgrade one of these to AP? the tickets are 250 a piece so my upgrade will be about 30 dollars because the AP seasonal is 280...Just want to make sure and get this deal before its gone...any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

YMMV, but the upgrade should be $10.60 as the difference between the gate 3 day price and the seasonal AP is $10 and $0.60 for tax. A few have reported not getting the bridged price, but many have reported getting it. Just use the ticket first and upgrade in the park.

That's what lots of people have been doing. Use the ticket once to get the full 3 day value from it.

Just wanted to give an update on our ticket experience. I purchased 4 day P2P passes from Undercover Tourist (reg 4 day, not 3+1 free). We upgraded them to seasonal passes after we used them for 2 days. We upgraded right at RPR ticket counter and it didn't cost us a penny!
I'm wondering if I can arrive at RPR early in the morning, upgrade one of our 4 day passes (from UT) and then immediately use that AP as proof for the annual pass hotel discount. I can book a room right now with the AP rate but have to show "proof" when checking in. Then, once checked in, get EP for the day and off we go to enjoy the parks!

So is the Universal Annual Passes more at the gate than online? The seasonal AP is $260 online, but $285 at the gate? So is the $320 Power Pass $345 at the gate? Sorry for the confusion, but just trying to figure out if buying tickets and bridging them is better than just buying the passes. We are looking at going to Universal the first time during the Seasonal AP's black out dates so thats why we are looking at the Power Passes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!