My sister was hit on purpose at MK yesterday

We were watching MK fireworks from the front line of a side path we scoped out earlier. The show starts and this young lady 'adult' and her boyfriend came last minute to squish behind us. No problem... until she started stepping on the back of my feet with her shoe, then even leaving her foot on mine. I asked her to take her foot off and I got this nasty reply, "Well you keep moving."

You're going to keep stepping on my feet because I am not a statue? Fine, I just ate an adventurous meal at Skipper Canteen, have fun in the fumes. Not sure if it was that or one the 2 evil dirty looks I gave her but she finally backed up a few inches. :D Day saved!

This is so upsetting. And no matter hard you tried to forget, I am sure it put a damper on your trip. I am sorry!!! Giving you a virtual hug!

I thought this was going to be "hit on at MK" and went "Well, that's inappropriate."

Reality was worse D: I'm sorry that happened, what is wrong with people?

Somebody needs to write a guide on how to deal with the occasional jerk at WDW without escalating the situation. Really needs to be part of trip planning 101 nowadays.

Set Magic Bands to 'Stun'.

My nephew got shoved by a big bodybuilder type jerk earlier this year. They were waiting for the Hogwarts projection show at IoA and it was kind of crowded and this big meathead of a guy comes along and literally puts his open hand on my 14 year old nephews chest and full on shoves him out of his way. My nephew is a skinny guy. My sister saw it happen and went 100 shades of crazy at the guy who then muttered something about "get out of my way" and slunk off into the crowd. Lucky for him, my brother-in-law (who is roughly the size of the Incredible Hulk) did not see it happen.

The parks are crowded and people suck. It's the new norm.

SADLY, this IS the new normal at Disney World! Years ago we almost never saw people behaving this way and now we see it on every trip (several times per year). This is yet another reason I've decided not to renew my Annual Pass next year. This sort of behavior seriously takes the fun out of being there.
It's beyond Disney it's everywhere.
We used to travel to all away and home football games (college)
About 8 years ago, or so, it got so awful in away stadiums it was no fun to go. I put my foot down and told DH he could go if he wanted but I was no longer going. There are too many grown you know what adults who have no issues calling folks names, cursing a blue streak, being belligerent, you name the bad behavior, we saw it. This was before they started serving alcohol in the stadiums. We go to all home games but you won't see me in the visitors section at an away game. It's sad too, I loved going. Seeing the campus, stadium, enjoying local fare. But rude jerks ruined it. And this isn't even students behaving that bad. I can almost forgive youth (to a degree, cause they are adults too) but my peers doing it. It's disgusting how others treat fellow humans anymore.

Sorry to hear the Sad stories, all of them.

Here as well. It’s been lovely meeting some very nice people but tonight... I was Very seriously , Verbally attacked and then threatened with a fist up and towards my face. Downright scary! Clearly some very ill people walk among us.
CM was Very kind to me afterwards as they witnessed the craziness...and saw me literally shaking from
That Not very pleasant Disney experience.

So, pack some patience and try to ignore and not get dragged into engaging with the ill ones, those that feel entitled, overwhelmed, exhausted and whatever else their issue/s are.
Nite all!

It's beyond Disney it's everywhere.
We used to travel to all away and home football games (college)
About 8 years ago, or so, it got so awful in away stadiums it was no fun to go. I put my foot down and told DH he could go if he wanted but I was no longer going. There are too many grown you know what adults who have no issues calling folks names, cursing a blue streak, being belligerent, you name the bad behavior, we saw it. This was before they started serving alcohol in the stadiums. We go to all home games but you won't see me in the visitors section at an away game. It's sad too, I loved going. Seeing the campus, stadium, enjoying local fare. But rude jerks ruined it. And this isn't even students behaving that bad. I can almost forgive youth (to a degree, cause they are adults too) but my peers doing it. It's disgusting how others treat fellow humans anymore.
Huh. Because UMich is still no alcohol I didn’t even know the NCAA was allowing alcohol except in suites.

I really do think it’s getting worse at WDW, though.

Huh. Because UMich is still no alcohol I didn’t even know the NCAA was allowing alcohol except in suites.

This is the first year of alcohol sales at LSU and it has nearly ruined the experience of game day in Death Valley. They’ll never stop now, though. They are making way too much money.

I am horrified at all the stories I have read on this thread - so sorry this has happened to all of you, especially the kids!!!

I ride the NYC subway every day...I thought we had the monopoly on lunatics.

I am horrified at all the stories I have read on this thread - so sorry this has happened to all of you, especially the kids!!!

I ride the NYC subway every day...I thought we had the monopoly on lunatics.

at least you can now apply what you've learned using public transit in an urban area and apply it traversing disney world lol

This is the first year of alcohol sales at LSU and it has nearly ruined the experience of game day in Death Valley. They’ll never stop now, though. They are making way too much money.
I still can't believe they started alcohol sales in the SEC. Those folks are rude to opponents without alcohol in their hands. Too many teams HATE each other. I'm curious to see how rivalry weekend goes (though not really)

I still can't believe they started alcohol sales in the SEC. Those folks are rude to opponents without alcohol in their hands. Too many teams HATE each other. I'm curious to see how rivalry weekend goes (though not really)

We don't have many visitors in our section and I didn't see too much bad behavior. The language was an issue, as there were kids around, including mine. Usually it's not a problem.

My main gripe is the insane lines that bottleneck the walkways and make it nearly impossible to get to the restroom. Also, people getting up over and over to go buy more. I feel like I missed half the game.

We don't have many visitors in our section and I didn't see too much bad behavior. The language was an issue, as there were kids around, including mine. Usually it's not a problem.

My main gripe is the insane lines that bottleneck the walkways and make it nearly impossible to get to the restroom. Also, people getting up over and over to go buy more. I feel like I missed half the game.
DH and I's seats are in the middle of the row so no one walks by us, THANK GOODNESS! The lines do shock me, for really bad beer!

I was just at a WVU game last weekend and they definitely allow alcohol in the stadium. They do set aside one section as "family friendly" with no alcohol allowed there.
We were able to get free tickets (military vet) and were placed in the student section, which was quite an experience! :)
On the positive side, it was pretty cute that in many of the conversations I overheard, the students were talking about their moms! It was actually very sweet.

I try really hard to be optimistic, so maybe I’m seeing through rose colored glasses, but I don’t think bad behavior is as rampant as it seems from reading this thread.

I’ve definitely had a handful of bad experiences. Someone being rude to me personally, painfully ramming an ankle etc. Considering the number of people you share space with in a typical Disney day it isn’t so bad.

My advice would be to let those moments pass by as quickly as possible. If you aren’t actually injured just move on. And if you see rudeness not directed toward you ignore it completely. Some things I notice and literally turn my head, block it out, move on to something else and it’s soon forgotten.

You might say I’m in denial but its willful denial. I can’t change how other people act so I focus on my own experience.

Out of no where this woman rams into my shoulder so hard I almost spun around. I was so surprised I looked around thinking I was being rude walking through a crowded area with my phone out, but there wasn't anyone else around but my group. It was insane. I guess she was "checking" me for looking at my phone?

That's crazy. So I wonder if rose gold Mickey Mouse shoulder pads will be the up and coming merchandise? Totally kidding.

Guests trying to make a point can lead to confrontation; I've seen it on occasion at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!