My sister was hit on purpose at MK yesterday

Jo2019

Mouseketeer
The crowd was crazy n space was tight. This lady and her stroller were trying to get through. My sister saw what was going on and her and her 8 year old moved out of the path of the "lady" and my sister said "there you go". She was trying to help out another mom. This woman stops, looks at her and then proceeds to purposely check her with her shoulder. Hard and deliberate when passing. My sister loudly says"Excuse me!?". The woman stops, does not turn around, says something to her large husband who starts screaming at my sister "Get out of my wife's way, you old bag". Not a great first day experience. They both took off into the crowd. My sister has a huge welt on her shoulder. Her 8 year old was scared.

Is this type of stuff the norm on high crowd days? Saw a lot of angry ppl on sunday.

I'm so sorry that happened to your sister! Especially when she was going out of her way to make a crowded situation a little easier for someone else. I have seen people get cranky late in the day at MK, but I've never observed anyone behave that horribly. How rotten! I hope some good karma magic gets spread her way.

The crowd was crazy n space was tight. This lady and her stroller were trying to get through. My sister saw what was going on and her and her 8 year old moved out of the path of the "lady" and my sister said "there you go". She was trying to help out another mom. This woman stops, looks at her and then proceeds to purposely check her with her shoulder. Hard and deliberate when passing. My sister loudly says"Excuse me!?". The woman stops, does not turn around, says something to her large husband who starts screaming at my sister "Get out of my wife's way, you old bag". Not a great first day experience. They both took off into the crowd. My sister has a huge welt on her shoulder. Her 8 year old was scared.

Is this type of stuff the norm on high crowd days? Saw a lot of angry ppl on sunday.
My 8 year old daughter was pushed/punched by a guest during fireworks a week ago. So hard that CMs suggested we take her to first aid. The lady was wearing a kid and we were walking through the walkways (the ones that are kept clear for those of us just moving through, not watching). I have no idea what prompted it but my daughter ended up with a red mark then a bruise. For real, we were just walking to the exit. We didn't even turn to look at fireworks. We weren't even talking. I had her hand and we were moving as fast as we could to exit the crowds. People suck.

I haven’t been hit but I have felt very uncomfortable in the crowds on the increasingly rare nights we remain in MK late. Crowds out of control. And this is someone who has braved parade crowds on Mardi Gras day many times over the years. I suspect people think they have spent a lot of money for their WDW trip and they are entitled to do what they want. It’s not very magical.

Last edited:

sorry to hear this - did you post earlier or was that a different person that experienced the same thing? I just replied on that thread.

Sadly, it's normal on not crowd days. And all over, not just at Disney. There are a lot of jerks out there. A lot of them go to Disney. Wish they could keep jerks out but sadly, they don't wear signs so they get in. Best option is ignore them and not let them impact your trip. Cause you ain't gonna change them. Or avoid them. Unless they cause you direct harm of course. Then you can't ignore them

Last edited:

Ugh, that's awful! I wish she had gotten caught and kicked out/arrested/banned--all of this would have happened if she was caught by security doing this. The pinching story is horrible too! I got screamed at by a giant husband and wife team when I was there recently. I was walking behind them and they all suddenly decide to all move sideways and I got snarled in their pod. They must have caught me make a face as I struggled to free myself (lol) and first the woman then the gigantic man started screaming at me that it's too bad, they have kids and had somewhere to be (???). I just kept walking briskly away from them, pretending not to hear them. I wonder if I wasn't alone and with my very tall husband if they would have behaved that way. Everyone is triggered these days! It's not even worth it to watch the parades.

This is horrible. Why do some people have to be such jerks?

I'm so sorry that happened to you.

Several years ago my son (age 8 at the time) was pushed hard by an adult. We were in the crowds waiting for "Wishes" fireworks and the guide of a very large tour group of young people intentionally, with both hands, pushed by son in an effort to lead his group through the crowd.
People are awful.

Yes rude people abound everywhere I'm afraid. I see or am involved with at least one of with these type of interactions each trip. Some are just bad people every day of the year and some are just overwhelmed with the stress of a perfect Disney trip. I try to brush it off as best I can.

This last solo trip there was a large group blocking both sides of the FOP FP area. I mean completely blocking both sides with no awareness of those around them. I waited 2-3 minutes then said "excuse me" and pushed my way through. One guy got really mad and said "Slow down you almost knocked me over" and then continued to mumble about people being in a hurry. I could have berated him for having his entire group block the entrance with no thought of others but I just moved on. The biggest irony here was this guy thought he was in the right because his entire group had no sense of common courtesy while they were getting the FP fixed for a single party member. ALSO: The CM IMO did a poor job of not asking the group to move to the side while sorting out their issue. But in CMs defense the FOP entrance can be a &*%$ show.

Karma came around though as I saw they were stuck with a chanting group of 20 Brazilian tourists in matching shirts when there Avatar section was selected.

My 8 year old daughter was pushed/punched by a guest during fireworks a week ago. So hard that CMs suggested we take her to first aid. The lady was wearing a kid and we were walking through the walkways (the ones that are kept clear for those of us just moving through, not watching). I have no idea what prompted it but my daughter ended up with a red mark then a bruise. For real, we were just walking to the exit. We didn't even turn to look at fireworks. We weren't even talking. I had her hand and we were moving as fast as we could to exit the crowds. People suck.

My husband would have ended up in jail! That is awful.

We were exiting EPCOT one day and the man in front of us had two toddlers running in circles while he pushed an empty stroller. We stopped so as not to hit the child in front of us. The child finally ran to the left and we made a big right to get away from them when the other child came around from behind us and tripped right in front of our stroller. The man looks and my husband and screams watch where you’re going, at the same time the other child runs through and elderly mans legs and he falls. My husband replies, seriously??? And the guy rares back to punch him. I’m rushing to help the old man who fell and screamed for my husband to help me. He helps me get the older man up while this guy is cursing every one around us. I took my husband by the shoulder and said get DGS out of here. A cast member came to help the old man and the cursing man proceeds to walk away with his two barely walking kids. I caught up to him and said, “that man could have broken a bone and it’s on you!” And I’m thinking, if DGS hadn’t been there my husband would have gone to jail if this guy had swung at him. That was the craziest thing I’ve ever seen.

One thing I always remember, when I run in to a CM that isn't all smiles, they put up with all these guests directly. Because you can bet these types are the same ones that get all up in a CM's face at the slightest issue. They can't just turn it off and on, they are jerks. Period. While no CM should take out their frustration on a guest, I can give them a pass if they aren't bubbly 24/7 (so to speak)

Last night at MK was the most crowded I have ever seen it, and certain areas were downright dangerous. The CMs were trying their best to direct flow but people weren’t listening and they were just being jerks and pushing through wherever they wanted. It was very intense around fireworks times since people wanted to just stop and watch the fireworks in the middle of walking areas.

Last night at MK was the most crowded I have ever seen it, and certain areas were downright dangerous. The CMs were trying their best to direct flow but people weren’t listening and they were just being jerks and pushing through wherever they wanted. It was very intense around fireworks times since people wanted to just stop and watch the fireworks in the middle of walking areas.

Good place to avoid.

SADLY, this IS the new normal at Disney World! Years ago we almost never saw people behaving this way and now we see it on every trip (several times per year). This is yet another reason I've decided not to renew my Annual Pass next year. This sort of behavior seriously takes the fun out of being there.

We were there in February and I didn't even attempt the fireworks with my three little kids (plus my DH and I aren't exactly gigantic ourselves). We did rides during fireworks instead. The whole thing was just unappealing to me and I was worried about something happening to my kids. So sorry this happened to you. :(

A couple of years ago we were walking through Adventureland at about 11pm. There were no crowds around at all, so I took my phone out to move a dining reservation. Out of no where this woman rams into my shoulder so hard I almost spun around. I was so surprised I looked around thinking I was being rude walking through a crowded area with my phone out, but there wasn't anyone else around but my group. It was insane. I guess she was "checking" me for looking at my phone?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!