My Scooter Experience

musicmom3331

Mouseketeer
We had a 12 day vacation in Orlando, and because we had a rental van, I rented a 3-wheeled Go Go Sport scooter from Gold Mobility. They delivered it to our airbnb in Kissimmee. GM provided 2 disposable ponchos and 1 tiller cover. I didn't tie the tiller cover well enough once and it blew away. I had also brought a shower cap I bought at Walmart to use as a tiller cover and it worked great! I had another shower cap to cover the front basket. I had opted for the back basket because we had others with us that could use the extra storage. We rode the bus once, and had to take the back basket off before boarding the bus. It was easy to take off...just a quick pull of a cotter pin. I brought a large beach towel to cover the seat. It also was big enough to drape over the back basket, and it also helped me find my scooter in the crowd of parked ones. Another thing I brought was a coil wristband key chain to put the key on. It was great for slipping the key on my wrist when I would park the scooter.

The scooter is advertised to have about a 4-hour battery life. We were in the parks (both Universal and Disney...8 total days) for about 12 hours a day. I turned the scooter off every time I wasn't moving. My battery showed all green lights every day. If I was going up a hill, it would go down one light, but recover after the hill.

I would highly recommend getting a scooter to use in the parks if you have any mobility issues. I have rheumatoid arthritis, and using the scooter made my trip way more enjoyable. I knew I always had a seat to sit in with me all the time. I was able to take it through the queues with no problems. I could also take it into shops, but I found walking through the shops worked better for me.

We had a 12 day vacation in Orlando, and because we had a rental van, I rented a 3-wheeled Go Go Sport scooter from Gold Mobility. They delivered it to our airbnb in Kissimmee. GM provided 2 disposable ponchos and 1 tiller cover. I didn't tie the tiller cover well enough once and it blew away. I had also brought a shower cap I bought at Walmart to use as a tiller cover and it worked great! I had another shower cap to cover the front basket. I had opted for the back basket because we had others with us that could use the extra storage. We rode the bus once, and had to take the back basket off before boarding the bus. It was easy to take off...just a quick pull of a cotter pin. I brought a large beach towel to cover the seat. It also was big enough to drape over the back basket, and it also helped me find my scooter in the crowd of parked ones. Another thing I brought was a coil wristband key chain to put the key on. It was great for slipping the key on my wrist when I would park the scooter.

The scooter is advertised to have about a 4-hour battery life. We were in the parks (both Universal and Disney...8 total days) for about 12 hours a day. I turned the scooter off every time I wasn't moving. My battery showed all green lights every day. If I was going up a hill, it would go down one light, but recover after the hill.

I would highly recommend getting a scooter to use in the parks if you have any mobility issues. I have rheumatoid arthritis, and using the scooter made my trip way more enjoyable. I knew I always had a seat to sit in with me all the time. I was able to take it through the queues with no problems. I could also take it into shops, but I found walking through the shops worked better for me.
I can almost guarantee you that if you tried to rent a GOGO portable scooter from any other vendor it would have not lasted all day. Gold's rentals are always new, and they use bigger batteries than most other suppliers in the area. Years ago we used a GOGO from a Disney Preferred vendor and the battery was dead in 2 hours, they replaced it 2 times with the same problem, and we lost 2 days of our vacation. They finally replaced it with a Victory scooter and we never rented the GOGO ever again. With that company's Victory scooter we got 6-7 hours of use which we thought was normal. When we started using Gold Mobility we a began to get 12-13-14 hours of use with to problem. So the moral of the story is you picked the right company to rent your scooter from. We will never use anyone but Gold Mobility.

I can almost guarantee you that if you tried to rent a GOGO portable scooter from any other vendor it would have not lasted all day. Gold's rentals are always new, and they use bigger batteries than most other suppliers in the area. Years ago we used a GOGO from a Disney Preferred vendor and the battery was dead in 2 hours, they replaced it 2 times with the same problem, and we lost 2 days of our vacation. They finally replaced it with a Victory scooter and we never rented the GOGO ever again. With that company's Victory scooter we got 6-7 hours of use which we thought was normal. When we started using Gold Mobility we a began to get 12-13-14 hours of use with to problem. So the moral of the story is you picked the right company to rent your scooter from. We will never use anyone but Gold Mobility.
Yes, they must use bigger batteries. I say that because we recently rented a GoGo Sport and broke it down for transport many times. DH noted that the battery was MUCH heavier than the one on my GoGo at home. And I too was able to use it all day, once I used it for 1 1/2 days, because dummy me forgot to charge it overnight. It showed green lights, but at noontime on the second day, I was so concerned (especially since I was solo-whatever would I do if my scooter died) I went back to my resort for a recharge and rest.
However, I have also rented the next model (is it the Pride Victory?) and I find it so much more comfortable (not that the GoGo isn't comfortable), it's worth a little extra if I don't need the ability to break it down. But on this trip, since we chose to rent a car, the ability to transport it was important.

Yes, they must use bigger batteries. I say that because we recently rented a GoGo Sport and broke it down for transport many times. DH noted that the battery was MUCH heavier than the one on my GoGo at home. And I too was able to use it all day, once I used it for 1 1/2 days, because dummy me forgot to charge it overnight. It showed green lights, but at noontime on the second day, I was so concerned (especially since I was solo-whatever would I do if my scooter died) I went back to my resort for a recharge and rest.
However, I have also rented the next model (is it the Pride Victory?) and I find it so much more comfortable (not that the GoGo isn't comfortable), it's worth a little extra if I don't need the ability to break it down. But on this trip, since we chose to rent a car, the ability to transport it was important.
I also noticed that every receive scooter I received from Gold Mobility Scooters looks like brand new every time. So I'm sure that they take a lot of care in making sure the rentals are kept in like new condition. I also noticed myself that the batteries appear to be a-lot physically bigger on the Gold Mobility Scooters.

Yes, they use the extended range batteries when they can get them and they may even now be using and even larger battery that is now offered by Monster Scooter Parts that fits into the extended battery box.

Yes, they use the extended range batteries when they can get them and they may even now be using and even larger battery that is now offered by Monster Scooter Parts that fits into the extended battery box.
Rope drop to fire works, and we still have green bars left on the meter at the end of the day. Gold Mobility goes out of their way for sure providing the best of the best battery life and latest and greatest rentals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter