My poor kitten. Updated.

joolz1910

<font color=green>I would have gone down to recept
:sad1:
Some of you might remember that we adopted an abandoned kitten a few months ago. Well, some time yesterday she sustained terrible injuries. The vet said it was consistent with being hit by a car. Somehow she managed to drag herself home. I had noticed that she had stayed in her basket during evening but had no idea that she was injured. :guilty:

I took her to the emergency vets and he assessed her. She had a fractured pelvis, a ruptured spleen, a torn diaphragm and possible brain damage. I can't stop crying. She has had an operation this morning and has survived that. It is too early to say any more.

The vets bills are close to £3,000, so I am really hoping that my insurance will cover this. It just added to the stress that nobody will give me a definite answer about that.

I can't believe that someone has injured my cat and left her for dead. I can't stop thinking about the pain she must have been in. What makes it worse is that we live in a quiet cul-de-sac, so I can't help wondering how she came to be so badly hurt.

ebay3813.jpg

Please keep your fingers crossed for Sooty.

I'm so sorry that this has happened. We had the same happen with our cat,and we too live in a quiet cul-de-sac. They just left him there, unfortunatley he wasn't so lucky as to make it home, if it were me I would make a point of looking at their ID tag and at least taking them home, some people are very heartless though. :sad2:

please keep us updated :hug:

I hope Sooty survives, poor thing:hug:

Oh no, that's terrible. :hug: :hug: :hug: for you and Sooty, hope she makes a full recovery. :wizard: :wizard:

Oh Juliette that is horrid. Big hugs for you. :hug: :hug: :hug:

I hope Sooty pulls through it all, the poor little thing. :wizard: :hug:

As for your insurance, you'll need to looked at the amounts it covers. We found out the hard way with one of my dogs as with our policy each condition is only covered for 12 months or £1500 which ever is exceeded first. :headache: Good luck with yours. :wizard:

That is horrible, how could anyone leave an animal like that? :headache:

Hope Sooty is ok :hug::hug::hug:

Oh poor Sooty, hope she is on the mend soon :cat:

Claire ;)

Poor Sooty, and poor you.

I hope it's all good news.

One of my friends cats was hit head on by a car and had to have loads of surgery (sounds like Sotty) but that was years ago and you wouldn't know at all now! (Except he has a funny little snore where his face got damaged) So there is hope for her being back to normal!

:hug:

Fingers and everything crossed for poor Sooty... :hug: :hug: :hug:

I've been to see her today and it looks like she is on the mend. She is responding much better than she was. The vet says she's not out of the woods yet, but the indications are good.

The vet says that the bill should come in at under £4000, as long as there are no further complications. My insurance policy covers me for up to £4000 per condition/injury.

I was so relieved to see her little face poking out of the blanket at the vets, that I burst into tears.

Thank you for all your kind wishes.:goodvibes

I've been to see her today and it looks like she is on the mend. She is responding much better than she was. The vet says she's not out of the woods yet, but the indications are good.

The vet says that the bill should come in at under £4000, as long as there are no further complications. My insurance policy covers me for up to £4000 per condition/injury.

I was so relieved to see her little face poking out of the blanket at the vets, that I burst into tears.

That's excellent news, I'm really glad to hear it. :goodvibes Here's hoping Sooty will keep getting better. :wizard:

(Scary vet fees by the way, thank God you were covered!)

I'll keep on crossing those fingers for Sooty... :goodvibes

Thank goodness you have the insurance!!! :hug:

great news! glad to hear that she is on the mend! :)

:hug: I'm so pleased that Sooty is on the mend

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter