My issues with the multi-use toiletries

I guess I've never even thought to use the provided toiletries. I always bring my own anyway.

Am I in the minority on that?
No, we bring our own every trip too. We have several zip-lock bags with bottles/bars of soap from past Disney trips. We use them in our guest bathroom.

I'm fine with using any of Disney's toiletries excepting the sunscreen for DGD. Keeping her with the sensitive skin product she uses and of course her face products in the cute frosted green bottles that err I wanted as a teen, LOL.Anything that keeps me from having more toiletry space used in my suitcase than clothing is a good thing in my life.

See that I've either dated myself beyond you or after. I don't recall that magazine but dreamed of Seventeen, Glamour, and Mademoiselle:D.
Oh, those are well after Young Miss, also called YM. When I subscribed it was a small, compact magazine, like the size of a Readers Digest. It wasn't till I was out of High School that it became full sized.

Oh, those are well after Young Miss, also called YM. When I subscribed it was a small, compact magazine, like the size of a Readers Digest. It wasn't till I was out of High School that it became full sized.
So that's why I didn't recognize what was being talked about.

I always knew it as YM (Your Magazine) lol.

Does Disney still provide lotion? We are going the middle of next month and just wondering if I need to pack lotion. I am trying to pack as little as possible lol.

Does Disney still provide lotion? We are going the middle of next month and just wondering if I need to pack lotion. I am trying to pack as little as possible lol.
Have a bottle of H2O+'s Sea Salt lotion acquired at either the Contemporary or YC, earlier this month.
Great gentle scent (although not as nice as Etro Milano's Vicolo Fiori products placed @ Hay-Adams, DC; gosh I wuvvv that place!) and I too am happy to not carry anything extra.

That's the third name, after Young and Modern, which was after Young Miss. And I believe, that was a full size magazine only, right? It changed a bit after my time so I'm not sure.
Got it via the oh so popular google.
We be as mature as each other but one of us is getting senile.
YM has been around since the '30's. Maybeeeee instead of reading that mag I was pouring over the "Household Beauty Secrets" booklet I purchased at Woolworth's for 10 hard earned cents. Imagine my mother's sigh when the avocado intended for dinner was found in my hair and on my face; being a good egg she added some to her own and laughed. Recently found the booklet whilst moving and passed it on to DGD. Any moment now she'll read the part about minimizing pores with egg whites and lemon juice and mess with a luncheon omelet plan......;).

Do they sell this foot relief cream at ulta or just Disney ?
Just remember this question and so happens I looked at our local Ulta yesterday. They did not have the Foot Relief cream. They have several other items Disney stocks in the rooms, like the Sea Salt body wash or lotion, or the face moisturizer. But no food cream. We do have one of the smaller Ulta though. Maybe a bigger one has it?

Just remember this question and so happens I looked at our local Ulta yesterday. They did not have the Foot Relief cream. They have several other items Disney stocks in the rooms, like the Sea Salt body wash or lotion, or the face moisturizer. But no food cream. We do have one of the smaller Ulta though. Maybe a bigger one has it?

Thanks! Where exactly do they sell it at Disney ? I would love to pick some up to use during my next trip to use on my sore feet.

I did see it on amazon after a poster informed me. I could always buy it before we go.

The only toiletry I pack is my face cleanser and I don't even always bring that. I prefer to pack as light as possible and avoid any liquids.

And the thought of soaking in a hotel bath tub is :crazy2:

I also found the placement difficult. I may bring empty containers to fill up so that I can take a bath instead of a shower. It was just too hard to reach. I don't need to go home with them filled, but i want to be able to enjoy myself while i am there. I am driving so I could pack anything, but I should not have to bring my own shampoo. I do feel the placement is worth an email or two about (I sent mine).

Yes, because it is a business. And if they want to make a profit there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. I hear on the dis about folks coming home with 10+ bottles of everything. I'll admit I take whats left in my room so maybe 1 of each.

Kae

What is the difference between using them there or bringing them home with you? We will bring them home with us and when my kids go on sleepovers/grandma/camp, etc they take the bottles with them. They are being used and it is part of the room cost.

I guess I've never even thought to use the provided toiletries. I always bring my own anyway.

Am I in the minority on that?

We always bring our own, mainly because my children have sensitive skin. I even bring the hand soap pumps since I don't like the idea of using a shared bar of soap for cleansing, even if it's with my own family members. I do not agree that H2O+ products are cheap, or low quality at all, its a much better product than the cheap soap dispensed in public washrooms elsewhere. I bring home some of the H2O products as a souvenir when we go home, why not. I paid for it since we stay deluxe.

Last edited:
So what can I expect from toiletries at a deluxe resort?
This is what I found in my CL rooms at the start of July 2018:

H2O+ sea salt scented brand
body wash
facial and bath soap bars
shampoo and hair conditioner
foot rub
sun relief
body lotion
hand lotion ( I think)

Coppertone 50 SP sun screen
a vanity set (emery board, face cleanser pads, Q-tips, a few cotton balls)
shower cap
mosquito repellent pads on request
shaving cream or deodorant (can't recall which)

toothpaste and brush available on request

That's all I can recall as it was pretty extensive.

Didn't do any non CL rooms this trip but the last time we were in one (Dec. 2017)
everything but the foot rub, sunscreen, possible hand lotion, and vanity set were in our room with the bug repellent and dental cleansers also available on request.
All toiletries were individually packaged.

CORRECTION: Spoke with the man and he pointed out the following. There was NO shaving cream (he should know, LOL), there was deodorant and mouthwash, and he too is not sure about the hand cream.

Last edited:
Thanks! Where exactly do they sell it at Disney ? I would love to pick some up to use during my next trip to use on my sore feet.

I did see it on amazon after a poster informed me. I could always buy it before we go.
The only resort that I know of ( unless CL) that had it in the rooms was GF. I don't recall seeing it in the gift shop there. I found it on amazon and that was best place after doing a search.

ETA: They now have it on the H2O website https://www.h2oplus.com/body/collections/specialty-care

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter