My Intimate Wedding TR/ SBP / V & A's

kimnkel

Mouseketeer
I was married at Sea Breeze Point on Dec. 14, at 4 pm in what Disney calls an "intimate" ceremony. It was simply the happiest day of my life, and as sorry as I am it is over, I am just as glad to be back at home in the hum drum routine of regular daily life, because now the hum drum is shared completly by the love of my life. Sappy, sappy. Sorry. You want me to tell you what I learned, you have to pay the price. :)

My TR is going to be as honest an appraisal of things as it can be because when I was in the planning stages I so appreciated honest, first-person opinions. And that's what they will be: Only My Opinion. So please, if you don't agree, please don't take offense. The "world" is a big place, with something for everyone. My something just may not be your something, and vice-versa.

So, without further ado, I'll get started. Oh, and I will post photos ASAP. Sorry I don't have them back yet.

We spent a week there, from Tuesday, December 12 to Tuesday, December 19. Four days at the Grand Floridian with the dining plan, three days at Port Orleans French Quarter. I'll be reviewing the hotels, the meal plans, and restaurants as well as the wedding. Weekdays (especially Tuesday and Wednesday) were great, weekends pretty crowded, but stll do-able. MPO, no way in h-e-l-l would I do Disney in the summer.

Arriving: We used the Magical Express. Liked it, thought it was well-run and convenient and much less hassle than renting a car. It's also fun sharing the excitement of all the happy arrivees. We packed my gown and Kelly's suit in a suit hanger and took on board. No problems. I also carried on my jewelry. One thing: The airport in Orlando is not well marked as to where to catch the ME, so don't be shy about asking directions when you arrive in Orlando. It's a big airport compared to our little Austin one. Getting up at 0 dark-thirty and flying always makes me a little dinged out anyway, so I just go with the dinginess--- and ask for help.

I have no pride.

Checked in at the GF, quick and easy. No lines. Go to our room and have a great view of the MK and seven seas lagoon which I love, but my DF is not liking the two queen beds. Since we had requested a king, he calls down to ask if they have one available. They tell him no, and launch into a long and unnecessary explanation about how many king beds are in the GF (not many, apparently) and how they try to reserve the king rooms for honeymoon couples. Uh, hello? This inattention to detail will be a theme with the GF, I am sorry to say. It's like they have a stock answer for things and don't really focus on their guests. You know how some people always make you feel like they aren't really listening to what you say because it seems like they are too busy thinking about what to say back to you instead? Well, that's how I felt at the GF. Summing up: Pretty hotel, great convenience on the monorail, decent health club. So so pools, crowded lobby, over priced. I wasn't expecting a true 4 star, regardless of the price (I realized we were going to pay a premium for the monorail and Disney) but still. IMO not worth the $$$. Faux del Coronado, and faux service to match. Some nice CM's but overall a disappointment. And we haven't even gotten to the screaming desk clerk and the cake smashing bellman, yet.

But we will.

Oh, yes we will.

That night headed over to MVMCP, after inquiring about having tea at the GF since we hadn't eaten all day but were told they were booked through Christmas! It's okay, since we had ADR's at Tony's on Town Square. Had a table right by the fountain, barely waited five minutes with our ADR, and I had a really good salmon. Had an appetizer (salad) and creme brule for dessert, all on the dining plan. Very yummy. The service was excellent.

Officially begin to worry about fitting into my dress.

Left Tony's and collected our wrist bands for the party. The party was a blast, and not too crowded at all! Went on Pirates for the first of about five times, and Space Mountain for the first of about five times. Walked around soaking in the Magic Kingdom, and trying not to notice that tiredness was starting to set in. The parade was so cute, and I really want one of those dancing reindeers to come live on my front lawn.

Okay. Maybe just during the holidays.

Tomorrow...Breakfast at 1900 Park Faire, or: Why I needed to take out a restraining order against the Mad Hatter.

I can tell I am going to LOVE this TR! Count me as your first subscriber!

I'm so excited to read more! Congratulations on your wedding! (We also didn't get a king size bed at POR after requesting one :( ).

Well, obviously I must continue to read this TR. I cannot wait to hear about everything.. popcorn:: ... waiting...

...waiting some more....:surfweb:

okay...:scratchin

:hourglass This is taking way too much time!

Hurry UP!!:eek:

Oh yeah... and Congratulations:hug: !

Congratulations on your wedding!

Since I'll be getting married in the same spot come October, I hope you don't mind if I tag along for the story.

I'm all for honest appraisals and reviews of just about anything. :)

Pax

Great TR so far! Congratulations and can't wait to read more :goodvibes Really sucks about the king bed...same thing happened to my DF and I last week. We just go back from Pop Century on the 23rd.

Mad. As in crazy. But I am getting ahead of myself a little.

I am glad you all are enjoying my TR. I hope it helps anyone planning their weddings, and entertains everyone else.

Okay, where were we? Oh, yeah: so the first night in a queen bed with my 240 pound, 6' 1" fiancee. Did I mention he snores? Did I mention he snores like that bear in Bear Country Jamboree? Fortunately I am a very sound sleeper, but I wake up with that excited, wound-up, fatigued feeling that feels just a tiny bit like a hangover. I call it my excitement hangover. Too much excitement yesterday. I know what you are all thinking, and you are right--I wish I was more mature, too. I'm too old to act like this, and yet-- I do.

I need coffee. Bad. And that is just what I get: Bad coffee. (It's those in-room coffee makers with that powdered creamer stuff. Ugh.)

My fiance is SO thrilled by the pre-paid meal plan he wants to eat every 15 minutes, or at least that is what it seems like to me. This is such a departure from his normal penny-pinching-just-ignore-the-hunger-pangs-we-are-almost-home that I am momentarily disoriented, and so when he suggests we eat breakfast at 1900 Park Faire I agree.

First of all, normally I don't really do much for breakfast except Special K cereal or a protein bar (washed down with several cups of coffee, of course) and 1900 Park Faire is this carbo laden buffet. I still have to fit into that dress, remember. And not only is it a buffet, it's a character buffet. Ugh. Well, I am half asleep, half excitemented hungover, and since we "lucked out" and they have a table for us (without ADR's!?!) in we go after watching a nasty exchange between two sets of parents over their respective kids interaction with Mary Poppins. I think the parents need a nanny.

I figure no one really goes to Character meals for the food, and that would be a good thing. But while it may not be great-- there is LOTS of it. All I have to do now is find something that is less than 1500 calories a serving and I'll be good to go. Yeah. Any of you that have eaten at these breakfast buffets knows what I am talking about. Waffles, pancakes, muffins, bacon, sausage, ice cream. ICE CREAM? Wow. How will the parents control their kids for the rest of the day if they give them this stuff?

But really, as I discover throughout our trip, it is not the children that are the problem-- it is the parents. The kids are cool--the parents--well. God forbid a character doesn't get to their table soon enough to suit them, as happens during our breakfast.

The waitstaff is super busy, but very nice. A nice man points out I am taking food from the children's buffet. Oh. So that's why that five year old was glaring at me! (I am wearing a Marine Corps tee-shirt and I thought maybe the kid had something against the Corps, so I am somewhat relieved to know it is only because he thought I was going to snake the last Mickey Mouse waffle, and not that he dislikes the Armed Forces.) I put the waffle down and apologize to the five year old. He shakes his head in disgust, and I shuffle off toward the omelette station. (Eureka! Protein!)

I am more or less happily chowing down (but in a ladylike fashion-- at least for someone in a Marine Corps tee shirt with a hangover, anyway) Just as I am about to FINALLY take my first sip of non-in-room coffee made coffee, Alice in Wonderland runs up to our table and assaults us. "Hi! How are you!?!" she squeaks. Alice in Wonderland has a very high pitched voice, and looks a little impaired to me.

Uh, fine. (Thinking: "Look chickie, go talk to the kids. I need some coffee, and a little peace and quiet." Like, DUH: I am at a CHARACTER BREAKFAST! It is slowly dawning on me that: I. Am. Screwed. I don't think the point of this place is peace and quiet.) Something in my attitude or body language attracts the Mad Hatter, and one (1) smart remark to him later I find myself embroiled in a give and take with him that has the ENTIRE FRICKEN RESTAURANT staring at us and laughing. He sits down at our table. He eats off my plate. He won't leave. NOTE: Unless verbal harrassement is your thing, do not talk to the Mad Hatter. Do not even look at the Mad Hatter. No eye contact.

After I finished my (now) cold eggs and equally cold coffee, and I had told a lady not to yell at Tigger and Pooh at my table, they would be there in a MINUTE! Back OFF! (true story--they came over to rescue me from the Mad Hatter) and thanked my fiance for having my back <please note the sarcasm; he did nothing but laugh, calmly eating his huge breakfast, at one point leaving to get more while I was being grilled by the Mad Hatter> we were off to Epcot.

At least Pooh liked me. He (she?) hugged me after I told that woman to relax a minute.

My DF is still laughing. In line for the monorail. On the monorail. During our transfer at the TTC. I am starting to hate him. I tell him so. This makes him laugh harder.

Yes. I definitely hate him.

I have never been to Epcot before and I really loved it, especially the World Showcase. It has a totally different feel from the MK-- even the music is mellow. There were literally no lines, and we did all the rides on no time. My DF teases me because I won't do the "Orange" thing on that space ride after I see it involves spinning, but I don't care. I have childhood trauma scars from that tea cup ride (3 older brothers. 'Nuff said.) so I never intentionally seek out spinning anything. In line all the older ladies bail while standing in line, and finally a young guy bails--and this was from the green line! I have a momentary panic when I see they actually have barf bags on the ride which starts my DF laughing again. The ride isn't bad at all, though. Whew.

That afternoon we head over to the World Showcase and listen to the Santa story tellers. It's interesting to hear about how the different nations celebrate Christmas, and the story tellers are very good. In Norway I find some great perfume that I really want, but it's 65 dollars so I pass. But it smells *so* good. I want it.

I am also starting to experience SERIOUS butterflies whenever I think about getting married the next day. Attack of the butterflies. Who knew they were so violent? :hippie:

We have the Candlight Processional dining package, and after eating at Morocco's Marakesh Restaurant (actually very good, although the service was not real great--but I enjoyed eating food that was different from what I was familiar with) and being entertained by live Moroccon music and a belly dancer (I tell my DF it is his bachelor party) we head over to the CP to stand in line. We meet a great couple standing in line, and the times goes quickly while getting to know them. My antidote for standing in line and the boredom that goes with it: Talk to people. Find out where they are from, how many times they have been to WDW, and what they like best about it. I do this all week and meet a lot of great folks. It helps you forget the few pushy, ill-mannered, ignorant people you will encounter.

The CP was WONDERFUL! I love live music anyway, and the CP is like a really well done candlight church service, with only the good parts. It is very romantic to sit there holding hands with DF, listening to beautiful Chritmas music sung by a huge choir and backed by a great orchestra (Disney does a lot of things right!) and thinking about how we will be getting married the next day. :goodvibes

The CP ends just as the Illuminations fireworks start, and we have a good viewing spot. More hand holding, more kissing (not slobbery kissing, nice discrete, kissing-in-public kissing ;) ) I also think about Happylalagirl and her DF; they are having an Illuminations dessert party, and while I forget what day their party was I am hoping they really enjoyed it.

Ah, bliss. The day started out so oddly, and ended so blissfully... but it has been a long day so we head for the monorail to go back to the hotel.

TOMORROW: The Big Day! or: Tell me again how it is good luck to have rain on your wedding day; I am sure that will distract me from the fact that my hair is frizzing and my make up is melting. :) And ultimately why it didn't matter. :love:

Oh KimNKel.... what a great day at Epcot. I cant believe you had never been? That is my favorite park. popcorn::

I agree with the in-room coffee makers. Ours had about 3 inches of caked on dust, so we skipped out on even trying it. :surfweb: Sometimes its good to be home.

Cant wait to hear about the big day... and see those photos!!:woohoo: Hopefully you can get those soon.

Keep it coming...:flower3: Pretty Please...

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I am LOVING this TR! You have me laughing out loud at work! My coworkers already think I am crazy because I have Mickey and Minnie sitting on my computer (and a mckey calendar, tinker bell mug, and mickey frame....uhhhh....maybe I am crazy?)

Anyways, now they think I am even more crazy because I am laughing at my computer! (My work is not fun or laughable.....more coma like)

Anyways again! Keep it coming! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter