My husband is saving

I can't believe people are arguing over this.

I started this too. I have $21 in an envelope. I should have the $1300 amount by the end of the year. Yay for me! Why is that wrong?

i say 'yay for you', too! i was lucky enough to find the challenge at the first of the year and each week is so much fun to throw my $$ in the jar. :)

it's not wrong...there are just always people who have to be negative no matter what. if you offer them free ice cream, they feel compelled to tell you how the cholesterol will block your arteries and kill you. They are called 'killjoys'.

Started reading through and decided to just post. There are a lot of good ideas for saving. I understand the OP excitement that her hubby is doing some saving.

I actually deposit a set amount every two weeks to a vacation account with each paycheck. Right now it is 5% of my gross. When pay increases/raises come up, the amount goes up as well. We use this money for vacation only and it is not factored into our budget. If an emergency were to come up, we would have this money available to help and just skip vacations until we had the balance back up.

Good luck to all that are saving.

i say 'yay for you', too! i was lucky enough to find the challenge at the first of the year and each week is so much fun to throw my $$ in the jar. :)

it's not wrong...there are just always people who have to be negative no matter what. if you offer them free ice cream, they feel compelled to tell you how the cholesterol will block your arteries and kill you. They are called 'killjoys'.

Thank you, ita.

Saving money is saving money. Why not just leave your comments to yourself?

And instead of eating the ice cream you should eat organically grown fruits and veggies because they are so much better for you, and that's what they do. :rotfl:

But that's not what I came here to say. Just wanted to let the OP know, I showed this to DW and she thought it would be fun to try as well. See if we can save a little extra cash (on top of what we already have in our savings account). We want to go to Hawaii next year and will use this money as some extra spending cash.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter