My hubby leaves today...

drivencrazy

DIS Veteran
actually he should be on the plane right now! So far, so good, the kids know about all this, we have done it before... but he has never had to miss Christmas. He will also be missing our oldest turning 13!!! The baby turning 3!!! and his big boy turning 5!!! I think thoese days will be hard, but we will do what ever they want (we always do) and eat dinner where they want, so that should help.

Anyhow, we (almost 5 and 3 year olds and I) took him out to the base (he sometimes just drives himself) and there were so much media out there it was crazy (he usually goes first with few others, this time he is going main body, almost 200 others!)... but he gave an interview with our local 9 News here and it was already on tonight... of corse I had to go get the big girls from friends and school, so I missed it......... but since it is on the net, we were able to watch it a few minutes ago! I didn't want to talk on video, not my thing, but I am still on there. I am going to try and post the link...

http://www.9news.com/video/player.aspx?aid=44898&bw

There is also just a written part w/ a picture... I will try to put it here...

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=82145
Hope it works for anyone interested!

My boy just told me that it feels different not having Daddy home tonight! But they know that he is doing his job and they so far all seem good, and I tell them that it's not really all that long, around 2 months is all.

Thanks for letting me share, I'm sure we will have plunty of things "happen" while he is gone... because we all know that everything happends when they are gone! My (NEW) car is already at the shop because when hubby went to pick up our son at preschool on Thursday some lady backed into it, so hopefully they will fix it good for me! So I guess that I can say that things already started before he even left!!

God Bless!

I'm so sorry. Goodbyes are so hard no matter how hard you are prepared. Are ya'll at Carson in CO?

I hate when the media is there during the goodbyes but I think it does the public good to see the tears and looks of fear instead of just the hoorahs and the welcome home hugs.

Make sure to videotape or webcam the special events that happen to send to your husband. I'm sure he would love that and I've heard of children that make up something special to send to the parent that is gone for whatever special event is coming up.

I'm putting my husband on a plane in a few days. It'll be the third Christmas and the 4th annv(out of 5) that he has missed. Of course we aren't blessed with children, which I know makes things even worse but I'm glad that you have them there to keep you going. I wish you a smooth deployment with lots of good communication.

I'm so sorry. Goodbyes are so hard no matter how hard you are prepared. Are ya'll at Carson in CO?

I hate when the media is there during the goodbyes but I think it does the public good to see the tears and looks of fear instead of just the hoorahs and the welcome home hugs.

Make sure to videotape or webcam the special events that happen to send to your husband. I'm sure he would love that and I've heard of children that make up something special to send to the parent that is gone for whatever special event is coming up.

I'm putting my husband on a plane in a few days. It'll be the third Christmas and the 4th annv(out of 5) that he has missed. Of course we aren't blessed with children, which I know makes things even worse but I'm glad that you have them there to keep you going. I wish you a smooth deployment with lots of good communication.

That was the first time that I have been there with the media. There were tears... but not from me... not easy to do, but with the little ones there I feel that I need to be strong... they are very proud of their daddy and will miss him, but tears would have ripped his heart out and I know if I showed that I was upset, they would feed off of that. I think it hit me harder when I was watching the news and reading the words, it brought tears to my eyes (I don't think the links are working...not sure how to get them to work??)...

My hubby is Air National Guard out of Buckly AFB. We do know peoples in Ft. Carson, but it is pretty far from us so we don't get to see them to often.

We just bought a new camara, so I could have the new one and my hubby could take the old (really not that old, but...) one and take pictures of where he is as well... I would have been happy getting one just like the one he took, I know how everything works, video... but he said that if he's going to get a new one it's going to be better... so far so good, it is the same brand so pretty easy to use!

We are going to mail him a package with some little gifts for him and some friends within a couple days... but we are lucky that he doesn't have to be gone for 12-18 months...only like 2.... which makes me feel really bad for the families that go through this for that long, this is hard, but that... I'm not sure I could do it!

Keep us updated on when your hubby goes, that's no good that he is going to miss Christmas and your annv. again! My hubby use to always miss his birthday, if it were just a 2 week deal or longer, it usually feel on his day!

My kids are troopers, they have done this before and will do it again, it's just different to have it over Christmas!

Thanks!

:grouphug: Prayers for saftey and protection for your DH while he is gone and for you and your kids for peace and comfort and protection as well. Hope the time moves by quickly for you.

I was wondering if you were from Carson also-we have a huge group of guys on the way out right now-almost 4000 spread over about 10 days-i was on post at 3 am Satuerday telling a friend godspeed. Its alot-hard to say goodbye to friends and family over and over.
Tina you will be in my thoughts-ive wondered if you had said your so longs yet ( we never say goodbye-we say see you soon-always) One of my best friends was leaving out the other night-and hubbys turn comes again soon so i know how ya ll feel-keep your heads up and show the rest of the world how its done girls!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter