My first ever pre-trip report!

Had a great evening at bingo, won £80 on the slot machines only put £5 in and between me and my partner we won £70 :-D all extra towards the holiday :-D talk about lucky streak!!! So that's at least the ESTA's covered and a little towards a couple more sd cards for our cameras

Gatwick flyer booked £38 each not bad! And thats with 2 extra bags on route home

Extra luggage on virgin £64 for 2 extra bags :-) happy days? Just for to sort the visa and photo pass plus out and we are all sorted!

Visa??:confused3

No visa needed for the US.

You will love Discovery Cove, we have done it twice (the second time my daughter did the 'Trainer for a Day') and its so peaceful and quiet. Enjoy!:cool1:

Visa??:confused3

No visa needed for the US.

You will love Discovery Cove, we have done it twice (the second time my daughter did the 'Trainer for a Day') and its so peaceful and quiet. Enjoy!:cool1:

My bad ESTA! Not visa lol

I'm soooo excited to be doing discovery cove! The last time we went I couldn't afford it as I had been off sick the year prior to going with a fractured spine and degenerative disc disease! This time it's all booked and paid for! The excitement is practically uncontrollable! I think I'm driving everyone insane with my countdown haha!

Oh i see :thumbsup2

I am also like you, can't stop talking about my cruise at work. I am waiting for someone to shout at me soon :rotfl2: I must try and control myself :rolleyes1

Oh i see :thumbsup2

I am also like you, can't stop talking about my cruise at work. I am waiting for someone to shout at me soon :rotfl2: I must try and control myself :rolleyes1

The girls at work keep saying oh god here she goes again! How many days? (It's literally got to the point where they know I'm going to mention something and they get in before me) haha! Oh we'll at least I know my £2,197 is well spent!!

Ok so pretty much everything is sorted, insurance, ESTA's approved for all three of us, extra luggage for the flight home, Gatwick flyer booked both ways and with extra luggage on the way back, spare batteries for my camera bought!

The only things left to do now is:
Buy some more clothes, toiletries, footwear etc
Get some more sd cards for the camera
But the photopass plus
And lastly change up our £'s - $'s

Nearly done with just 39 days to go or 30 working days which sounds much better :-D

Wow to think I last posted at 39 days to go!

I now have 11! Omg! Everything is pretty much sorted! Had some hassle at the weekend to do with our discovery cove tickets but that seems to be sorted now, I shall be calling kenwood travel tomorrow just to triple check!!!!

All we have left to do is change our dollars up on Saturday. Me and my mum are also getting our hair done tomorrow and waxing done on Saturday then that's it, apart from packing we are all set! Everything is bought, and ready! :-) I'm soooo excited and I look forward to hopefully doing a live trip report whilst I'm out there :-D

Fantastic! Hope you do a full tr when you are back.
I know they always come around really quick but it never feels that way until the last week or two!

I love doing all the pre-hol preparations and appointments x

Fantastic! Hope you do a full tr when you are back.
I know they always come around really quick but it never feels that way until the last week or two!

I love doing all the pre-hol preparations and appointments x

Oh I will it'll make it more fun afterwards, I can sit and reminisce!

Slightly upset as my hairdresser cancelled on us for the 3rd time in 2 weeks and now cannot do it before the holiday! Now I'm very stuck and worried as it looks horrible, and I cannot afford he salon prices! I could cry! What a downer it's put on mine and my mums mood!!

oh that's a shame,i'm sure all the fun of Disney will soon make you forget about that!

although for me at least my hair is something I like to get done but on holiday I almost always wear it tied back anyway so it wouldn't make all that much difference

Hi, interested to hear about your trip. I'm a childminder so know how hard you work :thumbsup2

Me and hubby are off on the 2nd until the 16th, staying in a villa and eating anywher we fancy. We only booked 5 weeks ago, don't think its really sunk in yet. We are hoping to do AK , seaworld and universal parks. Spent £2500 so far for flights, villa, carpark at gatwick and car hire.oh and deposit for 2 nights at Key Largo. Hope you have a great trip :banana::banana:

Hi, interested to hear about your trip. I'm a childminder so know how hard you work :thumbsup2

Me and hubby are off on the 2nd until the 16th, staying in a villa and eating anywher we fancy. We only booked 5 weeks ago, don't think its really sunk in yet. We are hoping to do AK , seaworld and universal parks. Spent £2500 so far for flights, villa, carpark at gatwick and car hire.oh and deposit for 2 nights at Key Largo. Hope you have a great trip :banana::banana:

It certainly is hard work 9 under 2's a day with the 3 of us! They certainly know how to keep us busy! Plus the amount of paper work we have to do is somewhat crazy! At least I only have 5 mores days of it now then a much needed 2 week break!

My friend is also flying out on the 2nd she is flying with thomas cook.

I'm hoping ill be able to log into here every night and add something from each day! Then when I'm home in buying me a MacBook Pro so will then have a laptop that runs well and hopefully shouldn't take long to upload photos! Then I can do a full trip report once I'm back!! :-) it'll be my first trip report & I'm very excited to be doing it as it'll be something nice to look back on in years to come :-D

I love the fact your being spontaneous on your trip, eating where ever you fancy picking the parks you want to do! It's nice to see I'm not the only one that just goes with the flow! I don't plan anything, we have tickets for everywhere and only have 2 days planned sea world day one (only because its become something we end up doing every time and its became a must). And discovery cove on August 14th, everything else is the case of waking up and seeing what mood we are in!

Hope you have an amazing holiday!! (Will you be doing a trip report?)

So I should be super excited with only having 2 working days left, and the fact I fly away on the 3rd of August! But I'm having such a hard time at work I can't even think about the holiday! I'm basically being bullied! No one will listen to me! The manager won't even listen, people are biching, being darn right rude then telling lies and all sorts! Makes me quite sad to be fair! Someone new (well new as in new to our place but has worked for the company for many years and is doing a transfer) comes Into work on Monday (this current week) for the week for her trail run before she starts full time in September, and my life gets turned upset down! She's been in the office and said a load of rubbish, so has someone who I thought was a friend (but she is clearly trying to suck up to the new girl), I get called into the office accused of this that and the other, I also get told off for telling someone of Facebook that I miss them! (What the hell) I know I then get told ill get a written warning if anything else is said! I was like but none of its the truth, (I actually hate lies and liars) :-( I said so you won't take my feelings into account then and you clearly won't listen to me, I explained that I've come home in tears most days this week! And have been looking for new jobs, she simply said "oh" but didn't care to ask why, or what's made me look for another job etc! Soooo sooooo fed up and down! And I know all I'm going to think about when I'm on holiday is the thought of coming back to work! :-( feeling super down in the dumps right now when I should be excited!!

So I should be super excited with only having 2 working days left, and the fact I fly away on the 3rd of August! But I'm having such a hard time at work I can't even think about the holiday! I'm basically being bullied! No one will listen to me! The manager won't even listen, people are biching, being darn right rude then telling lies and all sorts! Makes me quite sad to be fair! Someone new (well new as in new to our place but has worked for the company for many years and is doing a transfer) comes Into work on Monday (this current week) for the week for her trail run before she starts full time in September, and my life gets turned upset down! She's been in the office and said a load of rubbish, so has someone who I thought was a friend (but she is clearly trying to suck up to the new girl), I get called into the office accused of this that and the other, I also get told off for telling someone of Facebook that I miss them! (What the hell) I know I then get told ill get a written warning if anything else is said! I was like but none of its the truth, (I actually hate lies and liars) :-( I said so you won't take my feelings into account then and you clearly won't listen to me, I explained that I've come home in tears most days this week! And have been looking for new jobs, she simply said "oh" but didn't care to ask why, or what's made me look for another job etc! Soooo sooooo fed up and down! And I know all I'm going to think about when I'm on holiday is the thought of coming back to work! :-( feeling super down in the dumps right now when I should be excited!!

I really feel for you. I had a similar situation several years back and eventually left for another job. No employer should treat you like that and any good employer should make sure of facts before any written warning. If it does ge to that situation I would go back (in writing) and ask politely for what evidence they have based this warning on.

Do you have a HR department? Or Employee Reps etc? Could the help you?

Try and rise above it and just forget it for a few weeks. Easier said than done i know but try not to let it ruin your holiday.

I really feel for you. I had a similar situation several years back and eventually left for another job. No employer should treat you like that and any good employer should make sure of facts before any written warning. If it does ge to that situation I would go back (in writing) and ask politely for what evidence they have based this warning on.

Do you have a HR department? Or Employee Reps etc? Could the help you?

Try and rise above it and just forget it for a few weeks. Easier said than done i know but try not to let it ruin your holiday.

We do have a HR department but the managers and all that lot will back each other up! I won't have a leg to stand on! It's so hard to get a new job though, and it's annoying as last week I was happy & this week I've never felt so fed up and down! :-(

So we are finally getting sorted, all of the clothes are laid out to be packed today, just got to get a few more bits and bobs and we are sorted!

Was very sad last night and my camera has broken! Why now?! So that means yet another expense right before the holiday! Approx £150 worth of expense! I was in a very bad mood last night as so much seems to be going wrong!! But hey ho this things happen! I guess at least I checked before we went so I still have today to send my mum out on the hunt for a new waterproof one!

Things at work seem to be sorting out! So I now haven't got to go on holiday with thoughts of work hanging over my head! Always a plus, and I'm finally super excited to think that this time tomorrow I will be on route to the airport!

I will be doing a live trip report whilst there so watch out for that :-D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter