• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My First Ever Dining Report - a Vegetarian's Perspective, Now w/ Index

I loved you reviews. We might sneak in Tusker house and try to get ADR at BOMA. We are all Vegeterians also in our household and your reviews helped.

I just got back from a long weekend at WD. I'm an "almost vegetarian" (I eat fish)

I had an awesome Vegetarian Pot Pie at the Liberty Tavern in the Magic Kingdom. It was so good! They gave me the recipe.

I also loved Boma for breakfast (we stayed at the AKL) There were some nice choices at Jiko as well. The Falafel at the Mara was yummy too.

I had the goat cheese salad at Sunshine Seasons. I have had it on other trips and it was delicious. It was just so so this time.

Thanks for your review!

Today, we are heading home, so no parks. We have a pop tart in the room, then for lunch we go to the Wolfgang Puck Cafe in DTD. Our ADR was for 11:30 and we arrived around 11:20. They told us we would have to wait until 11:30 to sit, but it was only about 5 minutes before we were seated. They were going to sit us at a table at a corner pointing in, kind of sticking out into the room, but I asked if we could sit by a window, and they sat us right down in front of the big window in the main dining room.

This has to be my favorite themed restaurant from our whole trip. It was so bright and colorful. The tiling everywhere was so pretty. All through lunch, I kept saying, it is so pretty in here.

Mom had the pumpkin ravioli with chicken ($22.90) and said it was very good. I had the margherita pizza ($12.95) and thought it was fabulous. I'm a pizza snob and don't like many pizzas, but this one was so yummy I had to stop myself from eating all of it. It was large and I had 3 pieces left over. We were flying home in a few hours, or I would have let our waitress box it up for me.

The waitress was very good, very prompt with our drink refills and other requests.

We will definitely make this a regular restaurant for our DTD days. If that pasta (and margarita!) hadn't been so darn good at Kona, this would be my favorite restaurant in all of Disney.

So, there you have it. This is the end of my food review. I wish I had taken pictures of the meals, but I wasn't thinking about doing a report while I was there. I'll know better next time!

Thank you to everyone who read this. I hope I was able to help someone in their planning. Please feel free to stop by my trip report here.

Thanks again for reading and farewell! :wave:

I had an awesome Vegetarian Pot Pie at the Liberty Tavern in the Magic Kingdom. It was so good! They gave me the recipe.

I didn't know they had a veggie pot pie anywhere at the World. I haven't had a pot pie in nearly 10 years, since I stopped eating meat! I would have loved to try that. I'll make sure to put that on my must-visit list for next time. Thanks! :thumbsup2

Jumping in here.....:wave2:

Count me in. popcorn::

me to, me to! ;)

I'm jumping on the bandwagon! Great reviews so far!:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

you're doing a great job so far with your reviews!!

Great reviews - looking forward to the rest!

It is nice to hear a vegetarian review....while I am not one, I have several friends who are and are always seeking veggie friendly places!! Great reviews!!

Good job on the reviews. Always glad to hear someone else's experiences.

enjoying these

nice reviews. you just confirmed my choice of kona (vs. o'hana). we have several vegetarians in our party and i want to make sure they can find something (which also tastes good) to eat. keep 'em coming!!!

You had a great review. Looking forward for more of you.

Have a nice day. :)

I loved you reviews. We might sneak in Tusker house and try to get ADR at BOMA. We are all Vegeterians also in our household and your reviews helped.

I just got back from a long weekend at WD. I'm an "almost vegetarian" (I eat fish)

I also loved Boma for breakfast (we stayed at the AKL) There were some nice choices at Jiko as well. The Falafel at the Mara was yummy too.

I had the goat cheese salad at Sunshine Seasons. I have had it on other trips and it was delicious. It was just so so this time.

Thanks for your review!

Thank you so much to everyone for your encouragement! It was so nice to recieve such positive feedback from my first report. I appreciate you taking the time to give me your opinions. :worship: You guys rock!

Thank you so much for all these reviews! I'm a vegetarian and I'm trying to figure out where to make all my ADR's. Your reviews helped me to make some decisions! (I'm excited to try that vegetarian tofu noodle thing at Kona!)

Thanks again for posting these wonderful reviews!

Thank you so much for all these reviews! I'm a vegetarian and I'm trying to figure out where to make all my ADR's. Your reviews helped me to make some decisions! (I'm excited to try that vegetarian tofu noodle thing at Kona!)

Thanks again for posting these wonderful reviews!

I'm so jealous you get to eat that! It was soooooo good. I can't wait till we get back so I can have it again.

Thanks - I love to read vegetarian reviews since I'm a vegetarian now.

I'm glad that people are finding it helpful. I am heading back next month and the 2 places I have ADRs for are Kona and Boma. Yum!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter