My Disney Photomosaic

Oh my gosh! What a cool idea. My DH would love this. Maybe I'll quietly work on one for his birthday?

Please let us know how the prints you ordered look like!!! I spent an hour last night playing with this site and would love to order a large print!!!

I haven't played with it yet, because I'm afraid DH would see me. I'm thinking of making one for the front of my cruise album in an 8x10 and a bigger poster one of Disney trips. I'd also like to know how the big prints turn out.

How do you choose your main picture? Do you need to think about colors, etc? For example, I doubt I have many WDW pictures that are predominantly black, so a night shot would be hard.

MerryPoppins said:
I haven't played with it yet, because I'm afraid DH would see me. I'm thinking of making one for the front of my cruise album in an 8x10 and a bigger poster one of Disney trips. I'd also like to know how the big prints turn out.

How do you choose your main picture? Do you need to think about colors, etc? For example, I doubt I have many WDW pictures that are predominantly black, so a night shot would be hard.

That one up top is a pic of a 12 x 18 I made at work so thats how the Posters look (great if you ask me :rotfl: )

This is one I made a 8 X 10

The program will take care of the shading you just choose what Pic. you want here's the 8 x 10

eptMosaic2.jpg

The program allows you to specify how much you allow it to modify your existing pictures. It will then shift them toward the color it needs. Here are some tips I've discovered though.

When choosing a picture, it is best to choose one without much detail. Large shapes work well, or an easily recognizable structure. Statues, the Castle, the Tree of Life, the Epcot ball, the Earful Tower would all make good subjects. People don't make very good subjects, but you can get some really good results with up close facial shots.

Night shots can be done because the program will shift the colors toward black, but you won't see many details of your individual pictures. Blue skies usually come out well because many of your pictures will have a large portion of sky in them.

One thing you can do to get more pictures to choose from is to duplicate existing pictures and crop them in different ways. The program will look for lines between light and dark areas so by cropping different parts of a picture you can get more options for the program to use.

I'm still waiting for my 16x20 print to be delivered. I was hoping it would arrive today, but not yet. I'll keep you all posted.

just wondering if anyone got their pictures yet? wanted to know how the print quality was and if you could see any of the details.

thanks

What a terrific way to say your vacation memories! The examples here are fantasic looking. I only hope I don't forget or lose this thread and the links before I return from our trip in June. Thanks for sharing!

sixbitslocum said:
I'm still waiting for my 16x20 print to be delivered. I was hoping it would arrive today, but not yet. I'll keep you all posted.

:confused3 Well, was it worth it?? just wondering.

Oh man hubby and I are obsessed with the Disney photomosaic puzzles we have 8 or so framed in our bedroom! I can't wait for our family trip so I can create one of our family!

Our family is into making these photo mosiacs too. Like someone already mentioned, it's best to use a simple background. Here's a Disney one using over 1000 unique images, all from our trips we have taken since we have had the digital camera! It's so simple to make the tiles using your photos and it's almost as easy to get 1000 unique images from 700 or so original photos. http://www.connecttheshots.com/samples/mickey.jpg.

OMG! They are all great. I have been thinking of how to do this with all our family Disney photos, I will try to download another day. Thanks

ok, questions....

my dh is the computer literate one in the family, but I'd LOVE to do this for him for father's day. is it easy enough for someone with farily limited knowledge? i can get pictures from CD's, make a file, edit them, rename them, those kinda things....will I need much more than that?

how do you pick what big picture your tiles will make? do they have standard ones? or do you pick one of your favorite scenes, and then all the other pictures make that scene.

someone mentioned making these into big posters or bigger prints. do you send away for those? upload your file or something? how much does that cost?

thanks in advance. i think this is way too cool. and the kids REALLY want to do this now that we just finished one of the photomosaic disney puzzles!!

I think it would be funny to put one "weird' picture in there....like one Christmas picture, or one picture taken in our backyard, and then do a "where's waldo" kinda situation! :) :) :lmao:

ohiominnie said:
ok,

I think it would be funny to put one "weird' picture in there....like one Christmas picture, or one picture taken in our backyard, and then do a "where's waldo" kinda situation! :) :) :lmao:

:teeth: thats a great idea!!!

Still waiting to hear from someone who ordered form a photo site.....

Well, I downloaded the program today after organizing most of my WDW/DCL pictures into one file. I still have 4 trips worth to get in there, but thought I'd at least try to make a mosaic to see if it was worth the hassle of organizing the rest of the pictures. Here's how it came out....what do you think?

DCP_0213Mosaic.jpg

The base picture is a pic my dh took at Epcot and it is a postcard quality picture. Wish there weren't clouds in the sky (making the grey area, but I probably could work on that with Photoshop, eh?)

I'm finally ready to give this a try. My DH is the computer whiz in the family, but I'm making this as a surprise for him. So somebody who has done this, help me out a bit.

I made copies of all my Disney pics and put them together in a new folder. I'm still trying to decide if I'll mix them together or do a cruise mosaic and a WDW mosaic. I'd sort of like to do a castle one, but I have a good picture of the Magic, too. How many photos do you have to have in order to make it turn out well? I don't want a ton of duplicates. (I understand that I can make each picture into more than one picture by cropping creatively.)

I'm getting ready to download the programs. Once I do, I know I need to clean up my photos. How do I know how to crop the photos so that they'll still be the right dimentions? How much should I allow it to alter the photos? Can I play around with this or once it's done is it done? I'm a little nervous. I'm praying this is user friendly.

This is REALLY cool!!! I NEED to do this ... I must give up some scrapping time though!! :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter