My Disney Photomosaic

I sent the OP a PM. I'm needing some help. If anyone can walk me through a few questions, I'd sure appreciate it. I'd like to make one of these for DH for our anniversary.

Okay. It took me much longer than just a few hours. It seems I take a lot of portrait pictures that I had to crop to landscapes. Then we had several system crashes before we finally got it to work. I think we need more memory. Thought you guys might like to see the results.

BackgroundCastle1024_01Mosaicresize.jpg

and

disney06151Mosaicresize.jpg

The results are really cool. I plan to do this again. My daughter does high school musicals, so we have plans to do one after her fall musical. And my son is starting college in the fall. He'd like one of pictures of his friends and of the campus. So I see a lot of work in my future. BTW, Winkflash is having a poster sale right now. Just thought any of you playing with this might like to know.

I'll have to spend time doing this. I can't believe how wonderful they came out. This is a great way of getting all your pictures on the walls.

Linda

I ordered my poster on sale from Winkflash. I'm really happy with the way it turned out. It arrived in less than a week. DH is very happy with his gift.

Just wondering about the approximate cost to have the picture printed. I think this would be a wonderful Christmas gift for my boyfriends niece. She just had her second baby today and I would love to get family pictures of both children, parents and grandparents and have one photo made for Christmas. Actually, this might be my Christmas gift for alot of people this year. I am a picture nut and am always snapping away. I have a friend getting married New Years Day (I love her but can't believe she is messing up my New Years Eve a Disney this year - oh well) and this would be a great idea for a gift for her also.

Linda

Prices vary. At www.winkflash.com, the regular price of larger prints/posters range from about $5 to about $70, depending on the size. Then you also have to pay shipping. I'd shop around. There are lots of internet photo shops. I also use Snapfish and the Kodak one (can't think of it's name right now). Look to see if any are running a special. A couple of weeks ago Winkflash had their posters at half price, so I got a good deal.

I also checked out the sizes of standard poster frames so I could pop it in a ready-made frame. Worked out great!

This is too cool!!

I might just have to make something for my husband. He really loves our dogs (not as much as me but still.. he spoils them rotten) and it would be cool to make something from all of our pictures of them.

Thanks for the ideas! :thumbsup2

Has anyone tried this recently? Just wondering if the site is still up and running...

Waw that is pretty cool. Talking about having a REALLY good imagination. Wish I could make things like that!

Thanks for sharing!

disney-cruise-mount-rustmoreMosaic0.jpg
[/IMG]

Here is one I have created for the land/sea package we did with DCL last year.

It looks better with more pictures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter