My Disney ICP Adventures: Pre-summerofalifetime report! SINGLE DIGITS!

Well... HELLO!!!

Guess who?! :goodvibes

I have just realised that I have pretty much failed with keeping an up-to-date report on here and an up-to-date blog :( Sorry! Therefore, I'm just dropping by to say hi and that there will be updates at some point, just probably towards the end of the program and when I return. I have written everything down that I am doing/have done so there will be plenty to write about!

I think I have just been overwhelmed by how busy everything is. It really isn't real life living out here and working for Disney - you are truly in a Disney bubble. I have no idea what's going on around the world (apart from the Casey Anthony trial but that was just thrown at you everywhere you went) and I can literally count the number of times I have spoken to my family back home on one hand. I am finding that so hard, as I miss them so much. I wish they were here to share all of this with me :hug:

However, I LOVE IT here! And it's definitely going to be a tough blow going back home. The friends I have made here are incredible and I can't believe that come September I won't be living with them anymore. It has amazed me how quickly you get close to people out here. I reckon it's because we've all been thrown into the same situation... I'm also loving the weather and I have to be honest, but rainy Wales doesn't seem so appealing right now :lmao:

So, what about work? Well, work is still work! As I keep saying, my job could be a lot worse and I am thankful for that :goodvibes I've met some great people at HISTK and unfortunately a few of them leave very soon. It gets a little annoying standing in the heat literally doing nothing for hours on end but hey, HISTK was one of my requests so I shouldn't complain :) Some of you might have seen on my Facebook yesterday that I had to work hungover yesterday! Naughty Bethan! But let's say I've learnt my lesson - never again! It was agony lol :lmao: A bunch of people had phoned in sick too so we were understaffed which meant that we couldn't rotate the positions. And what were the chances that I was stuck on the hottest position with no shade yesterday, on what felt like the hottest day since I arrived, with a hangover for hours on end!?! As my mum would say though: no sympathy as it's all self inflicted :goodvibes

I haven't wasted a day out here yet - it would be stupid to do so! Every free day or spare couple of hours before and after work are spent in a park, or at the shops or eating out etc. It literally is all go go go! And I've realised suddenly that I'm now over halfway through my program. YIKES :scared1: Literally, where did July go?!

The Disney magic is still there for me too - it will never wear off! Even after seeing all the backstage stuff, and seeing how the parks are run, I'm still in awe every time I see the castle or the Fantasia Mickey hat etc! And the nighttime shows? Yes, they still make me cry. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. It's becoming a bit of a joke with my friends now! The Magic, the Memories and You photo show is the one that really sets me off. Mainly because I wish I was watching it with my Mum and Dad - I know they would love it. And the music, and Walt saying at the end "to all who come to this happy place.. welcome", and... just everything is wonderful! Illuminations are definitely my favourite fireworks, which reminds me that I need to see them again soon. The last time we saw them, we had just had a big storm and for some reason the globe didn't come out - that was a strange show...

I really do realise how lucky I am out here! I feel that I have done everything in the parks which makes me so happy!! It also means, that I can just pop into the parks for a couple of hours and just do one or two rides without worrying about trying to get everything done. And furthermore, I appreciate it so much when I think about how much money families around me have spent to have a holiday here and I get to wander into the parks for free. Yes... very, very lucky indeed!

Today is my day off - can I get a woop woop? :rotfl: This morning I headed to somewhere called "property control" which is a shop backstage at MK where they sell all broken merchandise for very cheap. There was a jacket I wanted from HS that i saw for $55 so I was over the moon when I saw it in property control today. Couldn't see anything wrong with it so snapped it up straight away. I'll have to post some pics soon! This afternoon, I am meeting my friend as she finishes work and we are then off to HS. I'm going to visit HISTK but this time as a guest! I can't wait to play! And to finish this evening, we are heading to DTD and House of Blues for a friends 21st birthday. Think I'll slow down on the beers this time though... :)

So yep. Just wanted to pop by to say hi, that I haven't forgotten about any of you and that there will be more updates at some point... Again, if anyone is visiting HS and the Honey I shrunk the kids playground then please come and say hi :) would love to meet you! And if anyone wants to see my pics, then again, feel free to add me on facebook. Just send a message to say that you are from the DIS :)

Take care xx

Great to hear from you! Sounds like you are still having a great time! :)

sounds like your having a blast Beth, I dont envy you the working at HISTK with a hangover though,ouch. :goodvibes

If an 18 year old (probably wearing a Disney T-shirt, holding a video camera!) shouts 'Beth' within the next month, it is probably me :thumbsup2 Will keep an eye out for you and try and say Hi!

just to let you know
loving all your updates on faebook

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter