My Disney Experience App - buggy and spotty

USAFRetired

Earning My Ears
Just got back from 8-day DW Florida trip, stayed at SoG and booked FP+ 60 days early.

We found the My Dis Exp App very buggy and spotty, have others found the same?

First of all, it kept dropping our link to our SoG reservation from our Disney account. Had to go in twice to re-add it, then had to call Dis Customer Service, the CM we talked to on the phone said that "dropping SoG reservation links" was a known issue they were working on.

The App itself is pretty buggy, we changed FP+ reservations and confirmed one night prior, then when I got to the park (MK) the next day pulled up the app to check times, etc, and found it had reverted to our old FP reservations.....went to a FP kiosk there and pulled up our current times on the screen and that DID show our new, correct FP reservations!!!???!! Took a screenshot of the kiosk screen and used that.

Overall the App is pretty spotty, even in the parks, Are they expanding wireless there?

You have thousands on the app over the same wifi..it's been spotty for years. Sometimes it won't reload wait times or show your new FP times.

The wifi is fine, it's just so many users over the same network bogging down the app. Usually everything else over the wifi works fine for me. And usually the app is fine, it's just sometimes it feels laggy.

However changing your FP's and then still seeing your previous times is common and it's been there from time to time for years now. Just remember that if you change your FP's, their changed and your new FP slot will remain there

You have thousands on the app over the same wifi..it's been spotty for years. Sometimes it won't reload wait times or show your new FP times.

The wifi is fine, it's just so many users over the same network bogging down the app. Usually everything else over the wifi works fine for me. And usually the app is fine, it's just sometimes it feels laggy.

However changing your FP's and then still seeing your previous times is common and it's been there from time to time for years now. Just remember that if you change your FP's, their changed and your new FP slot will remain there

Thanks. I am surprised Disney accepts this as "common" for many years. They are usually so customer-oriented. And dropping SoG reservation link is unacceptable, that should not be "common" and should be fixed.

Yes, I had the same issues on my trip (we got back about 10 days ago). My biggest challenges were shifting around dining reservations and not having them show up properly.

I had to go to Guest Services. One day the whole dining system was down and other times it was just the app. The website would reflect things just fine. It was a little frustrating.

Just got back from 8-day DW Florida trip, stayed at SoG and booked FP+ 60 days early.

We found the My Dis Exp App very buggy and spotty, have others found the same?

First of all, it kept dropping our link to our SoG reservation from our Disney account. Had to go in twice to re-add it, then had to call Dis Customer Service, the CM we talked to on the phone said that "dropping SoG reservation links" was a known issue they were working on.

The App itself is pretty buggy, we changed FP+ reservations and confirmed one night prior, then when I got to the park (MK) the next day pulled up the app to check times, etc, and found it had reverted to our old FP reservations.....went to a FP kiosk there and pulled up our current times on the screen and that DID show our new, correct FP reservations!!!???!! Took a screenshot of the kiosk screen and used that.

Overall the App is pretty spotty, even in the parks, Are they expanding wireless there?
First, no comments about SoG, no experience with it.

As to the display issues the app has with old info, yes. That is a known issue. It's totally just a display problem. If you use the refresh option on your phone it will usually show the updated times but even that doesn't work all the time. Signing out and back in will fix it when the refresh didn't, usually. Last resort is remove and reload the app. It is just how the app works (or doesn't) It doesn't revert to the old times, it just displays the old times. Once changed, they are changed. Anytime you are unsure, just use the website. Simply go to the browser on your phone. No need to use the app ever, if you don't want to.

First, no comments about SoG, no experience with it.

As to the display issues the app has with old info, yes. That is a known issue. It's totally just a display problem. If you use the refresh option on your phone it will usually show the updated times but even that doesn't work all the time. Signing out and back in will fix it when the refresh didn't, usually. Last resort is remove and reload the app. It is just how the app works (or doesn't) It doesn't revert to the old times, it just displays the old times. Once changed, they are changed. Anytime you are unsure, just use the website. Simply go to the browser on your phone. No need to use the app ever, if you don't want to.

Yep. Thanks. Got all that. Maybe I just expect a little more out of Disney for something as all other aspects of their experience are incredible.

Yes I am surprised that Disney seems OK with such a buggy app when it is so essential to the guest experience at the parks now. Once we were heading into a ride and everyone in the family's MB lit up but mine, and the app had just dropped my FP randomly. Fortunately I had taken a picture of it (because they kept disappearing) and the CM (kind of begrudgingly) let me through (he was kind of implying that I was trying to cheat the system!). The first day of our trip, at one point all my FPP were gone and the CM near the kiosks basically acted like that NEVER happens and it really freaked me out. (Turns out it happened constantly- thus the pictures of the FPPs).

We have had the most trouble with the app at MK. It was okay in the other parks. I do have Lines but that does not help with refreshing. Our trip starts August 20 so I guess I will see how it goes!

Yep. Thanks. Got all that. Maybe I just expect a little more out of Disney for something as all other aspects of their experience are incredible.
I am the total opposite. Their IT/tech is horrible. It's been horrible since they started rolling it out. It's never worked flawlessly. Honestly, it works better now than I ever thought it would, based on how it first began.

Should we expect more? Sure. But it's been so bad for so long I've given up expecting more a long time ago.

This morning, MDE started sending me notifications of changes to my itinerary...from my trip 7 months ago. :sad2:

I laugh every time I update and it states they "fixed bugs and improved overall app performance" (direct quote from my recently updated app). :rotfl2:

My latest issue is that the app can't seem to display any FP without dropping 1 person. When I am there with my son and husband it only shows some combination of two of us having the FP. If it's just me and my son, it shows that only one of us has the FP - sometimes it's me, sometimes it's my son. Thankfully we have always been able to tap into the ride without any issue.

I used to be forgiving of the IT issues but now that we live right down the street from WDW it is incredibly frustrating when you decide "Hey! Let's go to Disney now" but can't see if there are any FPs available, or any ADRs available, or (my current issue) you can't pull up the individual park or park hours to find out when the darn evening shows are.

If anyone out there knows what time Rivers of Light is tonight (8/13), can you let me know? We are thinking of seeing it for the first time after dinner.

My latest issue is that the app can't seem to display any FP without dropping 1 person. When I am there with my son and husband it only shows some combination of two of us having the FP. If it's just me and my son, it shows that only one of us has the FP - sometimes it's me, sometimes it's my son. Thankfully we have always been able to tap into the ride without any issue.

I used to be forgiving of the IT issues but now that we live right down the street from WDW it is incredibly frustrating when you decide "Hey! Let's go to Disney now" but can't see if there are any FPs available, or any ADRs available, or (my current issue) you can't pull up the individual park or park hours to find out when the darn evening shows are.

If anyone out there knows what time Rivers of Light is tonight (8/13), can you let me know? We are thinking of seeing it for the first time after dinner.
8:45 tonight for ROL.

Everything I do on the app I screen-cap so I have it as a reference if something goes wrong.

Yes, the app was horribly slow for us and last couple of weeks. So slow that it was basically unusable. I never used it to modify or add new Fastpasses. I went to the My Disney Experience link at the Disneyworld.com site through my web browser on my smart phone and it was much much much faster for changing fast passes and other things etc.

Dan

I am doing my post-trip Disney survey, just got the link, I think I will discuss the App in depth....

Actually WiFi dropped for me several times too, in more than one park....

Common.

Sometimes depends where you are in the park. Usually signal is lost when deep inside buildings like Soarin or Pirates

Thanks. Yes I know. It also was not inside buildings but just walking around. It would seem to be something that Disney might want to, well, fix.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter