My Brother was killed...

My wife and I are a bit tired of hearing "God only gives you what you can handle"
We also have a son who has CF. He is 19 now. Every time he gets a cold, we worry how much lung damage will this cause. We worry about how many good years do we have left. We do create lots of great memories with him. He has a feeding tube. Life is harder with him having his own mind too and that ole invincible feeling. Those "arguments" are always fun.

I have MS, neurocardiogenic syncope (passing out), sleep apnea, anxiety,
prostate trouble, and as of a week ago, Pulmonary Hypertension (high blood pressure in the lungs and fluid retention in the body and limbs). It is a disease that CF'ers die from.

My wife was just diagnosed last week with extremely high blood pressure.
I wonder why?...lol..... no stress here dealing with all the ailments is there?

My wife lost her father last year to cancer, diagnosed and gone in one week's time.

The best way we have dealt with each diagnose or each little speed bump in life is with laughter. We find the humor or a funnly moment in the past and laugh about it. If not, I am sure we all would be moping and crying 24/7.

Our thoughts are with you....if you would like to share your experiences with CF, we are here for you. Since there are so few people with the disease, you may feel all alone at times.

Have a great time at Disney.
Chuck and Joanne

When you can see what others go through....life is not so bad! Your family too has had it's share of heartache and trouble! You got to wonder why we are dealt so much with all that is on our plate! Thanks for listening to my poor pity me day. I have picked myself up and dusted me off and I am set for another day!

God Bless you and your family. I hope your son's CF stays good for years to come!

Charleyann:santa:

Charleyann,

I am sorry for all you are going through. I know the feeling of everything around you just being too much to handle. I'm sure you will get through this. I will be praying for you!:hug:

I am so sorry for what you are going through. Prayers said to give you strength!

My wife and I are a bit tired of hearing "God only gives you what you can handle"...

Yes, kind of sounds like "wow...sure glad I'm not you!" many times when people say it, no?

Truth is sometimes life s*cks, bottom line. Yes, there is always someone worse off than us, but many times it sure seems like there are lots more better off, too! Hey, we all need the freedom for an occasional "pity party" as long as we don't let it take over our lives. Here's hoping you found some relief in not forcing yourselves to be completely responsible overstressed individuals, and that brief respite (where you allow yourself to actually acknowledge how tough some days can be) will help you shoulder your daily responsibilities going forward.

We all need "mental health" days now and again, and the best path to allowing ourselves that recharging may well be an occasional "pity party", no matter how brief.

A year ago today I lost my only brother in a Tornado in Glassville, NB. It was a terrible night with a freak thunderstorm, intense lightening, hail and strong winds followed by a Tornado. My brother was driving home on his 4 wheeler from a friends camp when he got caught in that freak storm. A path of tree either hit him or he hit them. Police, cornors office couldn't figure it out.

His body wasn't found for almost 24 hrs. He lived awhile. I am haunted by that fact and pray he didn't suffer and he was knocked unconscious. Hurts to think he suffered and that he died alone and scared!

Tonight it is storming. We have severe thunder and lightening. Just driving me crazy enough. Remembering. Why the HE** does it have to storm tonight on the anniversary of my brothers death?

Geez, cruel sick joke! ......Where is GOD?

Charleyann

:hug: All I can offer for comfort is a hug. I am so very sorry you are having to go through this tonight

Hi Charleyann
I am sorry for this horrible time you are going through. I have lost two brothers (one to cancer and the other to an accident). I miss them terribly. But for me I couldn't have made it without God and a lot of prayers.
I promise you that you are in my prayers. Remember God doesn't play sick jokes but He does give you friends. You have a lot of friends here who will pray for you and send you pixie dust. Hang in there.

Charleyann,

I am thinking of you tonight. I hope your pain eases as the storm passes.

Charleyann:

Maybe this storm was a way of him letting you knopw he is still with you and always will be:hug: :hug: :hug:

My grandfather took a part time job at the local cemetary to give him something to do (he'd been retired for several years). We all asked him not to, but his buddy was working there as a groundskeeper and said not to worry. A week later he was backing up a commercial tractor to dump brush off a ravine and the ground gave way. He flew 30-40 feet and then the tractor fell on top of him. He didn't break a single bone. He was trapped under the tractor for hours while they tried to get it off of him and he suffocated to death. He was an Irish immigrant and we buried him about 100 feet from the scene of the accident on Saint Patrick's Day. It also happened to be almost exactly two years from when we had buried my stepmother, who was killed by a runaway horse at the racetrack she worked at. Less than a year after my grandfather's death we buried my aunt from complications from surgery.

People told us the same thing -- God doesn't give you more than you can handle. Bull! Yes, we 'handled' it. I planned every funeral, made all the arrangements. The funeral director and I are on a first name basis. But the scars it leaves on your heart and the pain of the loss are undescribable. I know people only say that because they don't know what else to say, but it's one of those things that just doesn't help.

My heart goes out to you!!! You are in my prayers that sunnier days are ahead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter