Must get Max Passes and early morning rides.

Ok another question .. In March its showing that both parks have 7am days during the week and the park that doesn't have 8am. If that is still the case in April when we go ... Would you recommend us doing 7am every morning and alternate parks? ( I do worry that might wear us out) Or what if we try and do just a 7am at each park once and then the other days do 8am days at which ever park that is.

Mainly for DL I am trying to max out our morning the most but get other things done mid morning as well. One day I'd like to do Plaza Inn character breakfast and if we do 7am I am thinking that we should try for a 10:30 and then continue books FP as were dining. That will give us 3.5 hours before our meal to ride rides.

Then Id like to schedule a BBB appointment for my kids. Again I don't wanna do it first thing but not to late in the day where they can't enjoy their makeovers. If we arrived for an 8am day maybe book it at 11ish? Again that gives us 3 hours or morning time. Would that be a waste to do something like that at that hour? I know my daughter for sure wants to do BBB again she's 10 and it may be the last time she'll want to have the opportunity. My son is 6 and I do think he'd enjoy a knights makeover mainly to get a sword LOL

Is it safe to assume the hours will be the same in April since it is still Spring Break?

Re: seeing fireworks after Fantasmic! - If you're watching the first showing of Fantasmic, then you should stay put and watch fireworks from there. If you try to get up and make your way to Main Street or IASW, you won't make it in time !and there won't be anywhere to stand to see it anyway.
I agree on this too. :)

In March its showing that both parks have 7am days during the week and the park that doesn't have 8am. If that is still the case in April when we go ... Would you recommend us doing 7am every morning and alternate parks? ( I do worry that might wear us out) Or what if we try and do just a 7am at each park once and then the other days do 8am days at which ever park that is.
Some people apparently can do this, but I have found it nearly impossible to achieve over multiple days - especially when you have kids and especially, especially if you have teens.

Over a four day trip we are lucky to make two EMHs when they are at 7AM. And one of those has to be the first day when you are the least tired.

:wizard:

Some people apparently can do this, but I have found it nearly impossible to achieve over multiple days - especially when you have kids and especially, especially if you have teens.

Over a four day trip we are lucky to make two EMHs when they are at 7AM. And one of those has to be the first day when you are the least tired.

:wizard:

Yeah I am thinking with the time change we won't be able to handle that many 7am days. I will try and do at least one at each park if its an option. But def do one day at DL. It does help that Im spreading them. I am thinking we will either do Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday or Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Depending on hours and if theres any suggestions on what days are best.

I started following @HydroGuy 's advice in his sticky threads since we took our kids to DL for the 1st time 6 hr ago when they were 4 and 6. His suggestions totally work and have made for wonderfully enjoyable trips by our family many times over now.

What are the sticky threads?

Whether (a) you purchase your tickets with MP already on them or whether (b) you purchase MP after you activate your tickets at the gates, you can book your first FP as soon as all of you go through the gates and all of you have MP. So if (a), grab your first FP as soon as you get through the gates. If (b), then grab your first FP after purchasing MP for your family. There's no reason to wait until you're in line for a ride unless you forgot to book your FPs earlier.

Quick question .... If we did MM at 7am. What time does Fast passes become available in Max Pass? Im guessing when the park actually opens? So at 7am I can't get on there and book a FP yet right? Do they become available once the park is actually fully open?

Quick question .... If we did MM at 7am. What time does Fast passes become available in Max Pass? Im guessing when the park actually opens? So at 7am I can't get on there and book a FP yet right? Do they become available once the park is actually fully open?
You can book a FP as soon as you activate your ticket at the gates. But the return time won't be until after park opening. FPs aren't good during EE/EMH/MM, but you can book them duriing that time. The return windows start after the park in question opens.

You can book a FP as soon as you activate your ticket at the gates. But the return time won't be until after park opening. FPs aren't good during EE/EMH/MM, but you can book them duriing that time. The return windows start after the park in question opens.

Oh that is awesome! I'll make sure to grab our first one then when we enter the park :)

Just a note to the OP:
This tip from another thread is a really good one -- some of the ride buildings at DLR are like concrete bunkers and get no signal. Remember to grab your next FP before entering the building! (BTW, will you be using your own data plan or the free park wifi? Because the free wifi isn't very good -- it isn't like WDW's at all. If you can use your own data plan, do so.)

Important note about Guardians (goes for Indy and Soarin', too, as you're going to be in those buildings for quite some time) - as soon as you scan in, BEFORE you go into the building, hang back a moment and get your next FP. Once you're in any of those buildings you will not have a signal and you will not be able to grab another FP.

Just a note to the OP:
This tip from another thread is a really good one -- some of the ride buildings at DLR are like concrete bunkers and get no signal. Remember to grab your next FP before entering the building! (BTW, will you be using your own data plan or the free park wifi? Because the free wifi isn't very good -- it isn't like WDW's at all. If you can use your own data plan, do so.)

Good to know! Is there typically time to look and grab them before going in after scanning the FP without holding up the line? Yes we'll use our own data plan! I'll make sure to have lots of data before going so its not slow and hope that I have good service in the parks

Good to know! Is there typically time to look and grab them before going in after scanning the FP without holding up the line? Yes we'll use our own data plan! I'll make sure to have lots of data before going so its not slow and hope that I have good service in the parks
You can stand off to one side just inside the entrance before you get into the building proper. It doesn't take long to book a new FP if you know what you want. It's a good idea, therefore, to check the return times of available FPs before you scan in and know which one you're getting next.

You can stand off to one side just inside the entrance before you get into the building proper. It doesn't take long to book a new FP if you know what you want. It's a good idea, therefore, to check the return times of available FPs before you scan in and know which one you're getting next.

Ok great! Will it let me see them in the Max pass part of the app before I can book one or do I just look at the map and click on the wait time like I can right now to see what the next available is?

Ok great! Will it let me see them in the Max pass part of the app before I can book one or do I just look at the map and click on the wait time like I can right now to see what the next available is?
It won’t let you see the Maxpass view until you’re eligible to book one.

For what it’s worth, I lose service inside GOTG while waiting for/in the first room with Rocket, but then I get service back once we’re out of there and in the inside part of the line. I see a lot of people using their phone in that part, so it seems like that one’s not such a problem.

reading this thread - can't help but think that Disneyland figured out a way to make more money out of people like me that can absolutely collect a million fastpasses (and use them) while still letting me do that - while WDW went the other way and said "nope - not going to let you ride too many rides in one day."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts