Must get Max Passes and early morning rides.

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by NicholeB630, Feb 3, 2019.

1. wareagle57

wareagle57 DIS Veteran

Is it safe to assume the hours will be the same in April since it is still Spring Break?

2. HydroGuy

HydroGuy A Pirate's Life For Me

I agree. :)

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. HydroGuy

I agree on this too. :)

5. HydroGuy

Some people apparently can do this, but I have found it nearly impossible to achieve over multiple days - especially when you have kids and especially, especially if you have teens.

Over a four day trip we are lucky to make two EMHs when they are at 7AM. And one of those has to be the first day when you are the least tired.

:wizard:

6. VandVsmama

VandVsmama DIS Veteran

I started following @HydroGuy 's advice in his sticky threads since we took our kids to DL for the 1st time 6 hr ago when they were 4 and 6. His suggestions totally work and have made for wonderfully enjoyable trips by our family many times over now.

7. NicholeB630

NicholeB630 DIS Veteran

Yeah I am thinking with the time change we won't be able to handle that many 7am days. I will try and do at least one at each park if its an option. But def do one day at DL. It does help that Im spreading them. I am thinking we will either do Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday or Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Depending on hours and if theres any suggestions on what days are best.

FeistyDisneyMom likes this.
  8. NicholeB630

NicholeB630 DIS Veteran

What are the sticky threads?

9. HydroGuy

upload_2019-2-5_12-41-24.png

10. NicholeB630

NicholeB630 DIS Veteran

11. NicholeB630

NicholeB630 DIS Veteran

Quick question .... If we did MM at 7am. What time does Fast passes become available in Max Pass? Im guessing when the park actually opens? So at 7am I can't get on there and book a FP yet right? Do they become available once the park is actually fully open?

12. theluckyrabbit

theluckyrabbit Moderator Moderator

You can book a FP as soon as you activate your ticket at the gates. But the return time won't be until after park opening. FPs aren't good during EE/EMH/MM, but you can book them duriing that time. The return windows start after the park in question opens.

13. NicholeB630

NicholeB630 DIS Veteran

Oh that is awesome! I'll make sure to grab our first one then when we enter the park :)

14. theluckyrabbit

Welcome to the magic of MP!

Skyegirl1999 and FeistyDisneyMom like this.
  15. theluckyrabbit

Just a note to the OP:
    This tip from another thread is a really good one -- some of the ride buildings at DLR are like concrete bunkers and get no signal. Remember to grab your next FP before entering the building! (BTW, will you be using your own data plan or the free park wifi? Because the free wifi isn't very good -- it isn't like WDW's at all. If you can use your own data plan, do so.)

16. NicholeB630

NicholeB630 DIS Veteran

Good to know! Is there typically time to look and grab them before going in after scanning the FP without holding up the line? Yes we'll use our own data plan! I'll make sure to have lots of data before going so its not slow and hope that I have good service in the parks

17. Winnowill

Winnowill DIS Veteran

You can stand off to one side just inside the entrance before you get into the building proper. It doesn't take long to book a new FP if you know what you want. It's a good idea, therefore, to check the return times of available FPs before you scan in and know which one you're getting next.

18. NicholeB630

NicholeB630 DIS Veteran

Ok great! Will it let me see them in the Max pass part of the app before I can book one or do I just look at the map and click on the wait time like I can right now to see what the next available is?

19. Skyegirl1999

Skyegirl1999 1st pickle of the day!

It won’t let you see the Maxpass view until you’re eligible to book one.

For what it’s worth, I lose service inside GOTG while waiting for/in the first room with Rocket, but then I get service back once we’re out of there and in the inside part of the line. I see a lot of people using their phone in that part, so it seems like that one’s not such a problem.

YayforMickey and FeistyDisneyMom like this.
  20. YayforMickey

YayforMickey Mouseketeer

Just FYI: I got a lot more service in Indy than I used to in the past. Some parts are still dead zones, but many worked fine for me last week.

Jaina and FeistyDisneyMom like this.
  21. cdatkins

cdatkins Mouseketeer

reading this thread - can't help but think that Disneyland figured out a way to make more money out of people like me that can absolutely collect a million fastpasses (and use them) while still letting me do that - while WDW went the other way and said "nope - not going to let you ride too many rides in one day."

Jaina and FeistyDisneyMom like this.