Muppet Presents Great moments in History to end??

tamlav

Mouseketeer
Its being reported, Im not sure sure if I can list the website, that this is ending soon.

If so I'm hoping to see it before it goes. The times aren't listed for October.

I want to make sure I see it. Is every show a different one or is it the same show done multiple times a day? Thx. I love the Muppets!!

Last edited:
If you saw this from the same source I did I wouldn't put too much faith in their "reporting." If you check the entertainment schedules on the website or app for all of MK, most everything is listed as no show times for October. Probably just Disney has not updated the calendar yet.

There has been a few reports of this but I am not 100% yet .... It does seem true that the Royal Majesty Players are ending as I seen reports of the performers having been given notice but I haven't seen similar for Muppets yet

I just wrote to Disney a long (emotional) note asking them not to get rid of this. I am an 80s kid and the Muppets show at MK is my #1 want to do for our June trip next year. Seeing an original muppet live in person is something I have always wanted to experience.

This is really disappointing. I had this in my last touring plan prior to a Halloween party two years ago but skipped it to ride the Haunted Mansion. I had planned to include it twice on my upcoming week-long December trip. Our family loves US History and the Muppetts. This just my luck.

There are two. One about Paul Revere and one about the Declaration of Independence.
Perhaps they cut back as I haven’t made it to WDW if a few years, but there used to be 6 shows. They rotated and the shows were at different time slots each day. A cast member helped me work out a plan to see them all. I managed to catch 5 of them. They were awesome, but it was hot when we were there. Some shade would have been nice.

Is there any chance they're cutting the Muppets to retrain everyone for a new show on Grand Avenue?

When the merchandise was relegated to one small area with star wars filling the old shop I figured it was all going to be canned for something else.

There are rough edges to magic kingdom but the street show for Muppets wasn't to bad. The indoor show is decent but my 5 year old hasn't a clue who they are. I used it for air conditioning. I'm not a fan of once a decade attractions. I'll stop before I list everything out. I know this hurts folks but I like the newer areas. Old out new in.

But street shows aren't a problem. But it's a sign Muppets 3d is next. :charac2:

I loved these little shows, but it was a terrible spot for them. Direct sunlight, weirdly high above your head. When a crowd gathered to watch they were always in the way of the flow of traffic and the show would get cancelled for even the slightest amount of rain.

The thing about the Muppets is that they could be used to teach kids about anything. There's potential to use them somewhere else.

I loved these little shows, but it was a terrible spot for them. Direct sunlight, weirdly high above your head. When a crowd gathered to watch they were always in the way of the flow of traffic and the show would get cancelled for even the slightest amount of rain.

The thing about the Muppets is that they could be used to teach kids about anything. There's potential to use them somewhere else.

Yeah, watched a bit of them this past trip (and I am glad to have gotten to see a show) but it was tough out in the Direct Florida August Sun and just motivates you to move on.

I think something like this would be great elsewhere

That said, even if not a perfect show, sad to see performers let go and less entertainment in the parks in general

Yeah, watched a bit of them this past trip (and I am glad to have gotten to see a show) but it was tough out in the Direct Florida August Sun and just motivates you to move on.

I think something like this would be great elsewhere

That said, even if not a perfect show, sad to see performers let go and less entertainment in the parks in general

The obvious first choice would be somewhere in or as part of the America pavilion.

But with a different show, they really could go anywhere. I’m intrigued by the idea of having them in Imagination.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!