Multiple Sclerosis

Update, Dr has confirmed that I do have MS and that I do need to take my meds no matter if I think i need them or not. (kinda got in trouble) They are going to send me to an ophthalmologist to check my eyes. Not sure if it's MS releated or just old age but everything is super blurry. Keep praying. Thanks

Continued prayers for you.

Getting in trouble with Drs is no fun. I always try to fight antibiotics as long as possible unless they show me proof I need them (after 1 year I took them 6 or 7 times I stopped blindly taking them) and so some doctors give me push back when I say I'd like to try the wait and see for things that might be viral.

Update, Dr has confirmed that I do have MS and that I do need to take my meds no matter if I think i need them or not. (kinda got in trouble) They are going to send me to an ophthalmologist to check my eyes. Not sure if it's MS releated or just old age but everything is super blurry. Keep praying. Thanks

Sorry to hear you got the confirmation but, on the other hand, now you can come up with a treatment plan. Your life will be different for sure, but you'll learn to adapt.

You have a confirmed diagnosis. It's not the news anyone wants to hear. :hug:

Sending positive thoughts and prayers! I know, you can do this!

Last edited:
Hugs and positive thoughts. :flower2:

Out of curiosity, what do they do about the vision? If your eyes are seeing blurry and it is caused by the MS, can they give you something for it?

It sucks you got that diagnosis, Mizzoufan, but hopefully you figure out soon how to deal with it both physically and mentally. Good luck getting used to your meds. I have some lung issues so I'm always getting into "battles" with the docs about some of my meds and their side effects. Sometimes the side effects can be our worse enemy. ;) :hug:

Well I'm sure sorry to hear that, but I'll bet they can keep you fairly and feeling much better as they plan your treatment. I'd say the vision issue is a priority because it's going to impede you from fully enjoying my witty and insightful posts here on the Dis.:duck: That's a joke of course, feel better!:hug:

Have you connected with your local (or nearest) state chapter of the National MS Society? I used to be the online communications coordinator for our chapter here in Illinois and there is a a large community of support, available services, and a vast amount of useful information available to you. You can check for a chapter here:

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/Chapters

Last edited:
Mizzoufan, sorry to hear of the diagnosis. That's a tough one to get. But now you know and can start taking the actions that work for you. If you're a Tiger, you're a fighter and you're used to adversity. I wish you all the best as you fight on.

PMA=positive mental attitude. Even as things are tough, PMA! I'm sure others here will enlist to be your PMA warriors. I'm in and sending PMA your way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter