Multiple parties on Skyliner

What strikes me as I read this thread is amazement at how we can go the Most Magical Place on Earth and be so averse to strangers. To me meeting different people that have something in common like Disney is part of the Magic. I absolutely enjoy talking to strangers in DW. Remember... "A stranger is a friend you haven't met yet"

So much this. I'm an introvert so I could relish never having to talk to strangers. My wife on the other hand absolutely loves interacting with people and as someone said about their mother, would have a new best friend after 20min in a gondola together.

And someone said they don't trust 50% of the population at Disney? Wow...not sure where to go with that one.

Eh, if the concerns are stranger danger, there's a difference between being in an enclosed space with two or three other people and being in an entire bus with more bystanders to intervene if something were to happen.
True. I was thinking more about people who don’t want to ride with others because of Covid. I have to admit I really don’t understand the stranger danger concern. The odds of anything weird happening are astronomically low, especially considering the potential perpetrator has no escape route.

Let's move back to topic please. Multiple parties are now being boarded in the same gondola.

What a person chooses to do/not do is not the topic of discussion unless you are that person and sharing your personal experience.

Thanks!

We rode the Skyliner a couple of times last week when they were loading multiple parties into the same gondola. We rode with 1 other group of people a couple of times. It was totally fine. Not awkward or anything.

This return to normal seems reasonable at this point. If I wasn't comfortable covid wise riding in a cab with strangers I wouldn't be at Walt Disney World right now to start with. It's inevitable you are going to come into close contact with others.

I've only rode once. My DH never. I have some issues stepping off, like I need an extra moment or two before I get my land legs. My DH would not be able to just step off with it moving. He needs something to hold onto and with the motion, he'd be on the ground.

So we would need the car to be stopped. How is that being loaded? We would have a wheelchair that we can fold up. Are the putting multiple parties in those cars too?

Last week was the first time I rode the Skyliner, I used it a couple of times to hop between Epcot and HS in the middle of the day. I rode alone all but 1 time, when I was going from HS to Epcot, and shared a car with a family of 3 adults. We chatted about Star Wars and Marvel stuff the whole ride (I was wearing my Ahsoka Tano ears from Etsy). :)

I've only rode once. My DH never. I have some issues stepping off, like I need an extra moment or two before I get my land legs. My DH would not be able to just step off with it moving. He needs something to hold onto and with the motion, he'd be on the ground.

So we would need the car to be stopped. How is that being loaded? We would have a wheelchair that we can fold up. Are the putting multiple parties in those cars too?

There is a separate loading area off to the side for people with wheelchairs from what I've seen. Not sure if they are combining parties for those gondolas, the few I saw were large enough to have their own gondolas to themselves.

We will be requesting our on gondola for sure. If you're the person in line behind us who takes offense to this, apologies in advance but I don't trust roughly 50% of our population to do the right thing.

Last week in a pinch and in a rush to get to HS, we rode with another party. :earsboy:

When you arrive at the Station there is a separate entrance for wheelchairs and scooters. You would go there and when you load/unload your gondola is completely stopped to give you time to get on and off. They have a way that they pull certain gondolas into this secondary loading area so that they can be stationary and the rest of the line continues.

Hope this helps.

I have never seen multiple parties in the accessible gondolas, but I would think, in the event there needed to be a rescue, they would not want more than one wheelchair per gondola. I would think they have specific protocols in place for evacuating those gondolas that could be troublesome if they didn’t know how many wheelchairs/ECVs are in a gondola.

As to the topic at hand, I don’t mind another party in my gondola so long as we aren’t packed like sardines. I don’t like being touched by sweaty strangers on any type of transportation. That’s one reason I don’t stay in the parks until closing.

I agree with one of the earlier posters who expressed concern, as a single female, about sharing a gondola with a bunch of rowdy/drunk guys (which could definitely happen coming out of EPCOT). I haven't been back since the gondola opened and this never occurred to me until I read her post. I would do what another poster suggested and ask to wait and ride with the next group.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter