Multiple Families Dining Together

jdorman

Earning My Ears
Hello. I am wondering what the process is to request that my family all sit together at dinner on our upcoming cruise on the Fantasy (in July). There are going to be three groups each with their own reservation but all 10 of us would like to dine together. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

Hello. I am wondering what the process is to request that my family all sit together at dinner on our upcoming cruise on the Fantasy (in July). There are going to be three groups each with their own reservation but all 10 of us would like to dine together. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.
Do you have your reservations linked? That would be the first step.

Yes, like others said. Call and link your reservations. We had 4 families for a total of 14 people (8 adults and 6 kids) in September on the Fantasy. Since we had little kids, we requested the early seating and we were all sat together at one table.

We have done 3 groups, total of 11 people, and our TA linked the reservations and also put a specific request in for us to be seated together (and without anyone else - which is, I'm sure, super-unlikely anyway with a big group, but you never know). I double-checked that we were all set after boarding, just in case; I wanted to confirm allergies were noted, anyway, so it wasn't a big deal to double-check. Our servers had another table, unlike the other poster above, so I wouldn't expect dedicated service. I'm sure it varies due to passengers totals etc. Our team was experienced and great, though, so we did not feel as though we had lesser service.

Our servers had another table, unlike the other poster above, so I wouldn't expect dedicated service. I'm sure it varies due to passengers totals etc.
Each serving team typically serves an 8-top, a 6-top, and a 4-top = 18 people. Depending on how large the group is that has linked reservations, it's possible a team will serve only the large group, or could still have a smaller table to cover.

We've done a group of 22. We all booked with the same TA so she linked it for us. We were situated in either one big table or two long tables right next to each other (became a de facto kids table with a "lucky" aunt or two) depending on the restaurant. Our servers only had us and they were quick to memorize everyones drink preferences.
We initially had one snag because my BIL decided to join at the last minute so we had to juggle all the reservations around (it's too complicated for this subject). As a result, three people were put on late dining with everyone else on early -- but they were able to waitllist and change it right before the cruise.

You don't have to call. Just add the other's reservation # to your own reservation list and vice versa on-line or on the app.

However, I would not link your reservations until after your date to select onboard activities, excursions, Palo, etc., especially if you are at the same Castaway Cay level. If each party is going to do their own selecting, it is easier not to be linked at this point. If you are all at the same level and one person will be selecting for everybody, then link before your date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!