multi rooms = multi cards?

tmfranlk

Love hanging at the World with my sweet girls.
If I have 4 rooms on the same reservation, would all room charges be backed by one credit card or could they be backed by one card for each room?

Thanks!

If they are all on the same reservation then you will only be able to apply one credit card to have charging provledges. However, if you tell them that you do not wish to have express check out, you can get a copy of the bil the night before you check out and figure out who owes what and they can take payment on multiple cards. Each ID card will have a number on it, the last two identifies whos card it is. When the bil prints the number prints with it, it is very easy.

The only thing is... you did not mention if you pre-paid for the room... if you did not, you will need to pay when you arrive. If this is the case you want to make sure you divide it up how you want to amongst everyone, or else one card is going to get charged with all the room and tax... again this is only if you are not on a package (or pre-paid).

For our last stay at the Swan I reserved 2 rooms in my name and paid the deposit on my card. At check-in, I gave my cc for my room, and my parents gave theirs for their room.

Some folks have been successful in getting them to split the rooms upon arrival to different cards.

I have never been successful in doing that.

We just check the room charges every couple of days and have folks pay up with their individual cards.

Carol

I had 3 rooms under my name last month at the All Star Movies. I had prepaid my portion and when my sisters checked in they split the remainder and paid separately. Now when I made the reservation each room was designated for each family with each person's name (ie Room#1:my family and all of our names, Room#2:sister's family's names, Room#3:sister#2 and her family's names.) They were all under the umbrella of my reservation because I had the AAA discount.

It is possible to separate out all the rooms and for each to have charging priveleges on their own room card. HOWEVER, as it was explained to me upon check-in by a very tired and not too keen on the idea CM, it would take about 20-30 minutes of her time sorting it out by cancelling the original reservation and then rebooking it in their names. Last month we discovered that the computer systems that are used at check in there are still using the DOS system. :scratchin This means that everything is twice as complicated and takes twice as long.

We ended up leaving it as it was and my sister's did not have charging privileges on their key cards. This was our first trip with multiple rooms under one reservation and it was a key card nightmare for us. The front desk messed up our keys a grand total of 8 times. Many days we were locked out (picture us running back to our room from the pool at 11:30 pm only to find we can't get in!), our keys opened my sister's rooms and vice versa or they had put our charging priveleges on my sister's key card (try explaining this to the impatient CM at the Epcot Princess Breakfast when my 17 yo DD's key card wouldn't take a charge.), or they would change all the cards and when we got back to the room they still weren't right and we had to truck on back to the Front Desk for another red-do. And remember this was all due to nothing we did or requested to have done it was all simply errors. By the last 3 days of our trip we had 2 separate cards, one for charging and they other for the door. It was a huge pain in the neck! But we were at Disney so what the heck. We still had a terrific time (and boy, we sure have a boatload of souvenir key cards!)

Hope you have a great trip!
Cheryl

change your reservation now - to their names - WDW does not care who pays - just that the person checking in to that room is on the reservation.

Our ressies aren't made yet so I can still make them in diferent names. However, I had reasons for putting the 4 ooms all under one reservation in my name:
1) I'll be the one making any changes, etc. I don't want to have to call 4 times pretending to be someone else each time
2) Hoping for better chance of getting the 4 rooms together

Can I work around these issues doing things separately?

If the reservations are ALL on one booking (meaning ther is only one reservation number) you will only be able to put one cc down for charging, as was stated the front desk can split it when you arrive BUT that takes a lot of time as they have to cancel the original reservation and rebook 4 seperate reservations.

Here is my suggestion to you. Book them all seperate (so you have seperate reservation numbers). Book them in the actual name of the person that is going to be in the room (as the new Magic Your Way will require anyway...as they will ask for all names)...Make sure the cross reference all of them and have comments that you are travling together and want the rooms to be as close as possible. Then also ask them to make a comment on each reservation stating that YOU have permission to modify the reservation. If your name is on their as the "liason" then you will be able to do whatever you wish to the reservation. If you do it this way, everyone will be able to apply their own CC to their own reservation and you will still be able to call and make adjustments... Then as I stated before call the hotel directly about 4 or 5 days before your arrival and make sure that all the reservations are cross referenced so they know you are traveling together...

Also just a side note bexareaglecheryl's dilema was a common issue before MYW because all the key cards had the same name on them... with the new system each key card is personalized so if you ended up with your sisters key you would know right away...I think that is my favorite aspect of the MYW system as far as the front desk goes. It is more efficent :)

When I just made my reservations, the CM told me that I should make it a Grand Gathering, and then I could split them however I want. I have 3 rooms and just a list of the people going. They did not break them down per room. Mention the grand gathering or look it up on the WDW website.

I told him that I wasn't paying for all of it and that I wasn't paying their charging privileges, etc. It's worth checking into...all you need to have is 8 people over the age of 3 to qualify.

As LB stated (both of us being front desk CM's) Unless you have seperate reservation numbers only one CC can be applied to a room for charging privledges. If you have one Big reservation contaning one reservation number there is only one place for a CC on the reservation (from the hotel side). You can apply one CC to (as I call it) "open the account" for charging, make sure you are not on express check out and then split the bil up at the end. If you have multiple reservations (with seperate reservation numbers) each person can have seperate charging as they are all seperate reservations.

Even with grand gatherings, if you do not have multiple reservations you will only be able to put one CC on the reservation initially. You can split it at the end however you like, but the computer will only allow one cc per reservation at a time.

Ok, so let me make sure I understand this correctly....if I have three rooms booked in my name, and everyone's name is listed on the reservation (but no distinction is made as to who's in what room), then my credit card will be the "hold" card for charging privileges, but at checkout, they will allow us to actually MAKE the charges on separate cards? (i.e., if the whole bunch of us rack up $900 in charges, three credit cards could each be charged $300, for example?)

Thanks....just don't want to end up having to badger family members to pay me back afterward :rolleyes:

LibertyBelle said:
Also just a side note bexareaglecheryl's dilema was a common issue before MYW because all the key cards had the same name on them... with the new system each key card is personalized so if you ended up with your sisters key you would know right away...I think that is my favorite aspect of the MYW system as far as the front desk goes. It is more efficent :)

With individual names on the cards, does that mean that the itemized bill is listed by name too or will is still be listed by number. If it's by number, I just want to make sure I note whose name goes to which number.

Thank you all for the info, especially those with first hand knowledge. I will definitely keep it in mind when making our ressies!

tmfranlk said:
With individual names on the cards, does that mean that the itemized bill is listed by name too or will is still be listed by number. If it's by number, I just want to make sure I note whose name goes to which number.

The bil will still show just the number (not the name).

Also to answer grad_dis_nut you have that correct. You would put one CC on the reservation to allow charging to the account, make sure you are NOT on express check out and then you can split the bil up however you like at the end.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!