Mr. Sanchos, Paradise Beach or Chankanaab Park

We did the Dolphin Swim at Chankanaab and had a great time but would not go there to just spend the day. The food was really nasty and the park just did not appeal to us. On another cruise, we went to Paradise Beach - WOW - it is beautiful! Would do it again!

disneyfan551 said:
Scrapperjill, what made you decide on PB? We are on the 10/22 cruise with you, and had booked Nachi Cocum. Just a few weeks ago they emailed to let us know that they are still closed due to the storms, so we have to rearrange our plans too. We are so torn and don't know what to do. We have 4 families in our group, with 3-4yo's, and 1-5yo. We would love an all-inclusive beach, but also a good beach that isn't too rough, for the little ones.

See you in a few weeks! :wave2:

We decided on PB after looking at diffrent sites on the net plus after all the positive replys here. The photos of the beach looks wonderful and very relaxing. At first we were drawn to Chab..park..but after reading more about it..and looking it up on the net..the beach didn't look as nice (I guess they have a nice lagoon area for little ones)..but that was it. I also like the fact that is doesn't cost anything to go...unless you want to get the wristbands for a little fee. CP costs $12 just to get in. There was also another place we were intrested in...but it also cost $12 to get in and the reports I read said that the $12 fee was just to get you in...after that everything cost even more. We are not looking for a WHOLE day experience...so I really don't care to pay the all inclusive price either (although that one is apealing). Oh...another thing we liked about PB is they use filtered water when cooking, with their ice and in drinks.

Anyway like i was saying I wasn't looking for an all day spot..as were going to a snorkel spot first...then wanted some beach play time after. I also think PB offers quite a bit for such a small fee...The iceburg, tranpoline (I didn't know they had both), snorkel gear (although we have our own...not everyone in our group does), lounge chairs and the plexi glass boats.

Hopefuly we'll run into you on 10/22 at the dis meet. :goodvibes
See you soon.

I was toying with the idea of doing one of the beaches, but when I really stopped and thought about it, decided that we'll do Chananaab again.

I know there's an admission fee, but that gets you a wonderful snorkeling experience, the lagoon, and botanical gardens, Mayan ruin replicas and a Mayan village. It's not just the beach, there's also a cultural component that we're looking forward to exploring with DS. To me, the cultural heritage is what the admission is for. We can flake on a beach anywhere, but if we're in Cozumel, there's a different culture to be experienced than if we were in, say, St. Thomas or St. Maarten, and that's one of the reasons we chose the Western itinerary. So, we might as well take advantage of it while we're there.

I totally agree with Chananaab....it's a National Park..So it has alot of diffrent things to offer than the other beach clubs. And since it's a National park...I totally see why the charge the small fee.

If your looking for cultrual experiences...and authentic Mexican flair...Mr Sancho's is geared that direction also. At least that's my understanding from the web sites.

Or big thing is...Cozumel is suppose to be one of the best snorkeling/diving places in the world...SO we really want to get some good snorkeling in. I know Chananaab has is all...but it's also much more public and more people are aware of it...so you have alot more people on vacation and cruises going to places like that to snorkel...where some of these other places that are not so well known (even though they are just next to it)....leaving the area less crowded. :rolleyes:

fourfoxesinpa said:
It was $8 to get a wristband to allow you use of the kayaks, iceberg, trampolines and snorkel gear. They ask for a $20 deposit for each snorkel set which is fully refunded when the gear is returned OR you can just give them your credit card which is returned at the end of the day. There are sections where the shells/rocks could be sharp so water shoes would be recommended but since this beach is just next door to Mr. Sanchos, that's probably the same there. There are tables where you can get a massage and a small gift area. It doesn't cost anything to sit at a lounge chair if you decide not to buy the wrist band (which I didn't). I think we paid $13 for the cab (4 of us) and my husband tipped $2. BUT, it was a rainy day and the cabbies could have been anticipating a slow day and could have been happy to take whatever fare they could find?
QUOTE]

Do you recall what the cost of lunch and drinks was? I was just wondering how much more expensive it is if you book through DCL vs. cabbing it over there on your own? Do you need a reservation to go to this beach or you just show up?

From what I've read...you can just show up at any of the beach clubs. No reservations needed.

I also didn't find a "beach day" excursion with DCL that includes lunch or drinks...so I'm not sure what you'd be compairing. But then again I only looked at the Beach break excursion.... The cost per adult looked like it was $59.....with the quick figuring I did...our family of four can do Paradise beach for the day (taking a taxi down) for under $45....That's a $178.oo savings :earseek: over the DCL excursion price ...I don't think even if food and drinks were included in the DCL excursion...we'd come that close to spending that much anyways. :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter