Moving a person to another stateroom

Cruisin Castaway

Mouseketeer
We are currently booked on a cruise and 2 family members want to join in a second room. Our room currently has 3 including 2 Platinum members. Due to sleeping arrangements as well as Platinum perk would there be a charge to move one of us to the second added room?

The person moving would officially be cancelled off the first reservation and booked (new) into these old room at prevailing rates. If you just want to shift for sleeping purposes, do it onboard no issue.

I had a TA and he had no problem moving one into a different room and added one onto a room.
We had 3 and 2, moved one of the two into the 3 and added another onto the two

So we had one room wit 4 and one with 2 (and another with 2)

Similar situation.,.. we had three Platinum members in one cabin and we decided to let our son bring a friend. Only problem was that our current stateroom only slept three so we remained in our cabin and moved our son and his friend into an inside guarantee....at prevailing rates AND it's less expensive for the third/fourth passenger - so we had to pay more to move him AND I had booked all of our Port Adventures and and Palo and he was dropped from all of them because it was "a new reservation" to DCL. Because we added the friend so much later, now there is no availability for the extra person (friend) and my son no longer has anything booked. However, because my son is Platinum at least he'll still get the onboard gift (which isn't a big deal to us) and he still gets dinner at Palo's if they squeeze him in somewhere.

Similar situation.,.. we had three Platinum members in one cabin and we decided to let our son bring a friend. Only problem was that our current stateroom only slept three so we remained in our cabin and moved our son and his friend into an inside guarantee....at prevailing rates AND it's less expensive for the third/fourth passenger - so we had to pay more to move him AND I had booked all of our Port Adventures and and Palo and he was dropped from all of them because it was "a new reservation" to DCL. Because we added the friend so much later, now there is no availability for the extra person (friend) and my son no longer has anything booked. However, because my son is Platinum at least he'll still get the onboard gift (which isn't a big deal to us) and he still gets dinner at Palo's if they squeeze him in somewhere.
Don't know if you looked into doing this, but I'll put it out here for anyone else in the same situation - you could have moved the 3 of you to another (4 person) room (at the rate you originally booked), and only paid the prevailing cost for the 4th person in a room.

Thanks Princess Shmoo - the only problem with that is there were no other rooms to move us to except for inside guarantees. And really it comes down to my selfishness because we have sailed Disney 10 times now and I have always wanted to sail in a stateroom on the back the ship. So our travel said there weren't any and then apparently he was able to get us one!! Whoo hoo! Then, some time later we added the friend and thought it wouldn't be a problem until we found out there was no room for a fourth person. Since I am pretty sure this will be our last Disney cruise, I didn't want to give up my aft room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter