mousekeeping opt out

Is there any way to opt out over the phone if I’ve already done online checkin? Or do you have to go to the front desk regardless?

Yes we did it in January. Once we got into the room we called the "front desk" number and they took care of it. Got the gift certificate in my email by morning.

Even if you don't care about the gift card? I clean my room myself and I don't want mousekeeping messing it up this time. Bad experience last trip. ;)

On our last trip, we just put the do not disturb sign on the door. I think they did a security check at some point. We took the sign off once every 3 days or so, and got new towels, etc.

For folks who have opted out, is it appropriate/warranted to leave a tip at the end of your stay? If you can request towels, etc., when you need them, it feels weird not to leave a little something. Since you receive $10/night less one night, does that "one night" go to CM as the tip?

ASMv 10/4 stay. I checked in at the front desk and it was not offered to me. I forgot to ask about it.

I feel for mousekeeping, with people opting out that's less tips for them. I wonder if they are getting additional compensation for this? I always tip well mousekeeping, valet, baggage handlers, servers, etc... just because I know what kind of hell that have to go through for what little money they make. I would love to get the money for opting out but I don't want them to loose out on very needed income.

I feel for mousekeeping, with people opting out that's less tips for them. I wonder if they are getting additional compensation for this? I always tip well mousekeeping, valet, baggage handlers, servers, etc... just because I know what kind of hell that have to go through for what little money they make. I would love to get the money for opting out but I don't want them to loose out on very needed income.
Housekeeping is a non-tipped position. No need to get extra compensation for not getting a tip because the guest has declined housekeeping services. Their wages may be higher than the CM working in the theme park.

Don't fret. Each housekeeper is still doing the same amount of rooms per day as before this program. Same number of rooms equals same opportunities for tips. This program rolled out because they couldn't hire enough housekeepers to keep up.

Wish it applied to deluxe. Guess they have their reasons. Seems like whatever 'savings' they are encouraging, either ecologically, or more practically (in terms of Disney saving money for offering this) would apply to all resorts.
Hope you are all having a magical day!:goodvibes

Seems like whatever 'savings' they are encouraging, either ecologically, or more practically (in terms of Disney saving money for offering this) would apply to all resorts.
There may be more to it than we think-- give someone $50 gift card and they'll spend $80 or more. I suspect these offers don't come without some extensive research that illustrates more $$$ to the bottom line:)

I'm the same. We usually keep the room clean anyway (throw out our own trash) and leave $3 per person. I just finished a 7 night solo trip so on my last day I left $21. They didn't loose out just because I opted out and I still ended up with $39 to use how I wanted.

I feel for mousekeeping, with people opting out that's less tips for them. .

They won't get less tips. Disney won't hire as many mousekeepers since there is lower demand for them. The ones that are hired are just as busy and thus get the same tips as always.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter