Motion Sickness -- Newer Attractions -- Galaxy's Edge, etc.

Star Tours is the only one that hits me hard. I take the ginger capsules and chews throughout the day and can ride anything! The bands and patch did not help me. I guess we are all different!
edit: no trouble on Smuggler's Run

Omg I thought it was just me or GoG vs ToT. I think it is because it is loads of short drops. This made me sweat, feel really weird in my head, nausea that was not productive, and Feel so bad I had to drink water and sit at a table for at least an hour or more. It was really bad. Yet TOT I even did the extra drops in the dark thing they did before closing it forever and was FINE. Crazy. So now I am thinking it is the changes to the drops not that I ate first. And I may have to pass on this ride in future.

It's definitely the new ride sequences. There were a number of posts about this back when they made the switch a couple years ago. I used to enjoy ToT but as soon as they changed, OMG. 🤢

Glad it’s not just me. I was totally fine on TOT but the one and only time I rode GOTG I got soooo sick. Took a bit to recover. Never again!

Glad it’s not just me. I was totally fine on TOT but the one and only time I rode GOTG I got soooo sick. Took a bit to recover. Never again!

I am so sad cos ToT was sooooo fun. I was so sick and my head, neck and stomach hurt like I have never experienced on anything else before.
I want to say it lasted over an hour too. I have never experienced that before or since on other rides.
I am NEVER riding that again. In the picture I am clutching my husbands hand with that don't be sick willing look on my face. WORST RIDE AT THE PARK for motion sickness.

I've heard that some of the sequences are not as bad as others ... but I'm not brave enough to try it again and find out!

I have had patches prescribed, the last three times I took Meclizine that my doctor prescribed to me. I've tried all the OTC stuff and nothing has ever worked. The rides that make me sick are any roller coaster, even little ones and any simulator. I bought myself an Emeterm band for this next trip. I tested it out on a very windy road that usually makes me super sick, my husband took the corners at a normal speed, (he usually slows way down), and I looked down at my phone the whole time to test the band. I didn't get sick at all. I'll be taking it with me to DL February 29th to March 4th and will report back if it does anything. It helps with my vertigo that I get as well. I have high hopes that it works at DL and then I can go on rides I haven't been on in years. It's kind of spendy and it feels weird because it sends little zaps to your hand but if it works I'm so down to wear it!

I finally remembered to report back. The bracelet works fabulously. I went on the tea cups, Luigi's, Star Tours. All rides I never get to go on and had no motion sickness issues. I am so excited to be able to go on everything again.

I've seen a couple references to this on some of the bigger threads, but nothing that recent, so -- for those of you who have motion sickness problems, how are the newer attractions? It's been 2 years since I've been to DL. I do use a Relief Band, which helps.

I can do Indy and Star Tours. I used to be able to do Tower of Terror, but when I went on it after they changed the drop sequences for Guardians ... TERRIBLE motion sickness. I absolutely cannot do Space Mountain; that one knocked me out for the rest of the day. Generally avoid Incredicoaster but BTMRR is fine. Can't do Nemo due to claustrophobia.

Thanks!

If it’s just that you feel sick to your stomach afterwards, you might want to ask your doctor for a week or two of Meclizine. It works AMAZINGLY well at getting rid of that feeling. Make sure you follow directions exactly. Just like allergy medication, you don’t want to take it right before the ride (or going outside in the case of allergy meds). You want it in your system, maybe start it a day before you hit the parks, or at LEAST a few hours before getting into the park. Then re-up as prescribed. I had vertigo for a few days once and I wanted to die just from sitting up it made me feel so sick and this stuff worked 100%.

Hopefully it helps you. Maybe test out by ridding something that’s normal not something you can handle late in the day and see if it works, then the next day you can go crazy.

Personally, the only ride that I have issues with motion sickness is Toy story Midway mania. The mixture of 3D and spinning around in between the games generally leaves me with a mild headache.

I thought for sure that I would have problems with Millennium Falcon Smugglers Run, but surprisingly I haven’t. I’ve had a chance to sit in every station on two separate trips and didn’t have any issues.

Rise of the Resistance is much more of a traditional ride experience and I had zero problems with the couple instances where there is motion simulation.

My experience may be unique, but I’d give them a shot before making a decision. Better to know for sure than wonder and possibly miss out on something fun.

Star Tours is the only one that hits me hard. I take the ginger capsules and chews throughout the day and can ride anything! The bands and patch did not help me. I guess we are all different!
edit: no trouble on Smuggler's Run

Which ginger capsules did you take?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!