Most Embarressing Moments at Disney

I always feel a little embarrassed (being a 40 year old man) tearing up during certain attractions. I just get over whelmed sometimes.
I always lose it on
1) Philharmagic, It’s so adorable (glad for the 3-d glasses).
2) Illuminations
3) Wishes
4) Fantasmic
5) Its a Small World
6) When Mickey Opens the Park
7) Aladdin (at DisneyLand)
8) Festival of the Lion King (that’s the worst)

I make it sound like I walk trough the park crying. I just get a little teared up – on most things. I’ve learned to keep my sunglasses on.
:cool2:

All of these stories reminded me of the time we were at Epcot with my nephew age 9. There were 5 of us traveling together and we needed a bathroom break. We stopped at the bathroom right as you walk into the World Showcase before Canada. My nephew decided that he was going to use the family bathroom while his dad and I waited outside. All of a sudden we hear him yell from inside the restroom, "Hey, dad, they charge 50 cents for napkins at Epcot." My brother and I looked at each other a little confused at first and then realized just what type of napkins he was talking about. I'm not sure if I have ever laughed so hard in my life. It quickly became one of our favorite family jokes.:rotfl2:

I always feel a little embarrassed (being a 40 year old man) tearing up during certain attractions. I just get over whelmed sometimes.
I always lose it on
1) Philharmagic, It’s so adorable (glad for the 3-d glasses).
2) Illuminations
3) Wishes
4) Fantasmic
5) Its a Small World
6) When Mickey Opens the Park
7) Aladdin (at DisneyLand)
8) Festival of the Lion King (that’s the worst)

I make it sound like I walk trough the park crying. I just get a little teared up – on most things. I’ve learned to keep my sunglasses on.
:cool2:

Aww, that's sweet.

It was during an all day extravaganza 6am-3am-May 2006. One of those days where we went full on commando-early entry (I cannot remember which park) and emh at MK till 3AM!!!

It was about 2:30 am-ish; Dh and I were almost in a vegetative state. Coming around the corner somewhere in fantasyland I spotted a potty station "hold on a moment, hon, I gotta go." I said to Dh while using the last bit of strength I had to turn the corner into the restroom.

The first stall is where I landed, did my deed and flushed.
"AHHHHHH"
(?)
Of course I spoke to the commode, out loud, "Did you just sigh?"
I flushed again, no sigh. Just for kicks, I flushed again...
"AHHHHH"
OH--I HAVE to get a sound recording on my phone for Dh--if not he'll just think I'm hallucinating from exhaustion.

I must have flushed that toilet for 15 minutes...maybe more :rotfl: finally I got a proper recording. This whole time I think it's just moi in there until I hear a rustling down a-ways. I slowly open the stall door to see a lady smiling back at me holding a broom and dustpan.

OH..:bitelip: "Hi, just, erm, recording the toilet, for verification...it sighs sometimes ya know." She just smiled at me as I was washing my hands and then I ran out of there real quick, zooming right by Dh and kept on going. I heard him yelling to "wait up" and "what happened," but I could feel my face burning and just wanted to gain some distance.

Amazing how adrenaline just kicks in like that :hyper: I explained it all to a laughing Dh and we chuckled all the way to the front of the park.
Well, at least I have the phone recording...perhaps I will make it my ringtone someday. :laughing:

Okay, I'm at work and I keep laughing out loud- literally and I am going to get in trouble. Shame on you for cracking me up :thumbsup2

Keep these coming-they are making an extremely long day shorter :goodvibes

Not so bad as the others....

It was a dark and stormy night.
Okay, it was getting darker and it was definitely raining. We were checking in at POR and were walking across the bridge from the Main area to our room.
On that bridge? A pole with a horse head on top maybe 4 feet high at the end of the bridge, presumably to keep cars and such from using said bridge. And evidentely to keep people who aren't paying attention from crossing as I walked smack into it while dragging my luggage across. I ended up with a bruise on my chest and to this day my kids think it hilarious if I get anywhere near poles and such that might be in the walkway. It was dark and raining I tell you!

:confused: Ok, my most embarassing moment at WDW has to be on our 2003 trip:blush: , my youngest daughter was 3 princess: and had just mastered potty training and was wearing 'big girl pants'.:cheer2: :At this time I must say she was very independent and insisted on going to the bathroom by herself.:thumbsup2

Well we got up especially early in the morning as we had a ADR booked, as usual we were running a little late and as I was scrambling to get everything we needed for the parks that day DD3princess: , had said to DH :cool2: she wanted to go to the bathroom, well he didn't hear her and she went on her own, it was only when we heard the flush we realised this. DH:cool2: went into the bathroom to make sure she washed her hands and then the 2 of them emerged. Well we made a big fuss of her saying what a 'big girl' she was going on her own !!:cheer2:

Soon after we headed for the bus stop, the bus that morning was pretty packed :crowded: as we were staying at ASmo so 1 bus services all 3 resorts. we were at the front of the queue so DD3princess: and myself :wave2: managed to get a seat just behind the driver ( the long seats that face each other) DH and DD7: decided to give up their seats and stand towards the back of the bus, (there weren't many people standing - about 8)

Anyhoos, me and are talking about all the things we were gonna do that day, suddenly she said' mummy look at my sore leg - can you give it the magic kiss?' ( i must add that this had been the tiniest of grazes on her knee that she had done on our first day- you know what kids are like !!!!) So i says 'of course i will babe, as she swung her leg up onto the seat i had the shock of my life!!!:scared1:

She had been to the bathroom by herself and had removed her 'big girl' pants and not replaced them !!!! :eek: .....wouldn't have been so bad if our seats were facing forward ,but the whole seat facing (about 5 people) had also seen this :rolleyes1 ............. forgot to mention she was wearing a denim skirt that day !!!! Didn't know whether to laff:rotfl: or cry:sad: ..... I think I actually laffed out loud (with nerves):laughing: ........couldn't see how DH had failed to notice them still on the bathroom floor!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes1

Well the minute we got to the park I had to ask a CM - was there anywhere that sold underwear :confused: ........ they must have thought i was a nutter !!! or an exhibitionist !!:rolleyes:

Suffice to say I located some and she got to wear her 'tinkerbell':tinker: pants for the rest of the day !!

At the time it was a living nightmare , but now when i think about it , it really cracks me up !!:lmao:

Moral of the story - don't trust DH in bathroom situations !!!:rotfl:

Years of teaching have taught me generally to be careful of what I say. Generally, my worst language is pretty tame. Friends have been known to mock me for saying, "Sugar!" instead of something worse that starts with the same sound.

On a more recent trip to WDW though, my family had pushed me to the breaking point. My mom has a habit of needling me sometimes, and she was at it. I didn't want to start ranting, but she kept pushing me. Finally I relented, and gave her a list of things that had been bothering me, along with profane adjectives.
Among my list, were comments my sister had made. My sister had said what I felt were some very improper comments considering all the effort I had put into the planning the trip, second that she was not paying for nearly anything, and third having the nerve to tell me that I was being overly sensitive when she didn't want tofollow our plan. I had called everyone to plan, sent everyone a list of all the ADR's months ahead of the trip, and asked everyone to make changes then. I had intentionally made ADRs to accomodate her needs in particular. She, along with other family members had said everything looked fine ahead of time, but criticized every planned meal the day of the meal. And that was just one of the things that was frustrating me at that point in the trip. I had just had enough, and decided it was time to spend a little time away from the group. Instead my mom followed me and kept asking me what was wrong.

I did my best to find a quiet spot to rant, but AK was crowded that day and there weren't any totally empty spots nearby. I feel bad for my rant.

During my trip over Spring Break a few weeks ago, my best friend and I decided to be part of the morning dash every morning. We'd get there 45 minutes before opening to be at the front of the pack and stay right up with the Cast Members heading towards the big attractions in the respective parks. This was a big ordeal for me because I had never done it before in my previous 24 visits because my family likes to sleep in.

So our first dash on our first full day was at MK. We did a nice very fast paced walk (wondering where the CM were that were supposed to slow us down) until we got stopped at Tommorowland. We were at the front of the ropes again. I started getting very nervous about the dash to Space Mountain. We both had our tickets out in order to secure Fast Passes before we rode so we could ride again later. We were really serious about getting the Fast Passes as soon as possible as to not let a bunch of people in before us in line (we are such losers!)

So we get to a spot about 150 feet from the FastPass machines and the CM's let us go in front of them at this point (I think they said "GO!"). I broke out in a full sprint for the FastPass machines, ticket in hand, wanting a new FastPass receiving time record. Welllll..... Disney washes their concrete in the morning, and just as I started to slow down for my approach to the machine, I slid and fell down on my butt in front of everyone.... eventually coming to a crashing halt at the machine.

It was pretty amazing though because I grabbed onto the FastPass machine, got up, and secured a FP before anybody else had. That's called perserverence. I was sad that my friend missed it though.

All of these stories reminded me of the time we were at Epcot with my nephew age 9. There were 5 of us traveling together and we needed a bathroom break. We stopped at the bathroom right as you walk into the World Showcase before Canada. My nephew decided that he was going to use the family bathroom while his dad and I waited outside. All of a sudden we hear him yell from inside the restroom, "Hey, dad, they charge 50 cents for napkins at Epcot." My brother and I looked at each other a little confused at first and then realized just what type of napkins he was talking about. I'm not sure if I have ever laughed so hard in my life. It quickly became one of our favorite family jokes.:rotfl2:

OMG! That's awesome!!! What was your response?

Not as good as others but... After going on a 10 day Dinsey wonder cruise we finished off with a few days at POR. We had plenty of room to pack all of the stuff we brought, but because of all the cheap booze we had purchased in St. thomas our bags were a little heavy. The hotel was kind enough to let us use the scale that fed ex has there. So we weigh our luggage and two are way over weight. With the new air restrictions I couldn't put my booze or other heavy liquids in my carry on so out in front of everyone my husband and I are putting our dirty clothes and shoes into our carry ons while trying not to damage our keepsakes. We looked like Ma and Pa kettle were going on a trip, but i didn't want to have to pay $100 for over weight luggage! When we checked in at the airport our bags we about 4-5lbs under weight. I vowed to never travel that long without two suitcases a piece again!

You are all way too funny:lmao: :lmao: My most embarrassing moment won't be at WDW but when my computer tech people have to come up and dig their bosses' cheddar cheese potato chip goo out of the computer caused by laughing out loud with a mouth full of chips. Good thing I sign the checks around here or they would all think they can spend the afternoon reading the DIS Boards. :lmao: :lmao: Maybe I'll tell them I was reading their vacation requests :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

My embarrassing moment wasn't accidental--my husband did it on purpose!

We went with a group of 12 in 1993. Half of us were on the monorail in a car by ourselves goofing around on the way to the Poly for the luau. Well, back then, Steve Urkel from Family Ties was a big hit. My very tall, lanky, PALE husband was goofing around and tucked his t-shirt into his elastic waist shorts, pulls up his socks as far as they'd go, pulled the shorts almost up to his armpits, slides his glasses down to the end of his nose, peers over, and begins to "channel" Steve Urkel! (In case you forgot. . ."Did I do that?" OHHHHH--that nasal voice!) The monorail begins to come to a stop at the Poly, and one of the fellows we were with dared him to walk ALL the way through the Poly like that!!! Needless to say, I stayed WAY behind them (stupid time to be wearing matching shirts!!) . . .and I'm sure there are still some folks who wonder who that weirdo was who came up and asked them "Got any cheeeeeese?":eek:

I sure wish I had a photo of that though! He's a pastor now, and that would look LOVELY on the church bulletin board!!!:rotfl2:

My embarrassing moment wasn't accidental--my husband did it on purpose!

We went with a group of 12 in 1993. Half of us were on the monorail in a car by ourselves goofing around on the way to the Poly for the luau. Well, back then, Steve Urkel from Family Ties was a big hit. My very tall, lanky, PALE husband was goofing around and tucked his t-shirt into his elastic waist shorts, pulls up his socks as far as they'd go, pulled the shorts almost up to his armpits, slides his glasses down to the end of his nose, peers over, and begins to "channel" Steve Urkel! (In case you forgot. . ."Did I do that?" OHHHHH--that nasal voice!) The monorail begins to come to a stop at the Poly, and one of the fellows we were with dared him to walk ALL the way through the Poly like that!!! Needless to say, I stayed WAY behind them (stupid time to be wearing matching shirts!!) . . .and I'm sure there are still some folks who wonder who that weirdo was who came up and asked them "Got any cheeeeeese?":eek:

I sure wish I had a photo of that though! He's a pastor now, and that would look LOVELY on the church bulletin board!!!:rotfl2:

Oh yes that would look lovely! :laughing:

2006 was at Magic Kingdom with family & Sister in law and family. We were in the Cosmic Ray's Starlight Café My sister in law was looking hot in a short skirt. This skirt had a zipper in the back. She walked form on eend to the other end og the place. When she went to sit down I saw her zipper was unzipped. Lets just say full moon. She had on a thong :)

During my trip over Spring Break a few weeks ago, my best friend and I decided to be part of the morning dash every morning. We'd get there 45 minutes before opening to be at the front of the pack and stay right up with the Cast Members heading towards the big attractions in the respective parks. This was a big ordeal for me because I had never done it before in my previous 24 visits because my family likes to sleep in.

So our first dash on our first full day was at MK. We did a nice very fast paced walk (wondering where the CM were that were supposed to slow us down) until we got stopped at Tommorowland. We were at the front of the ropes again. I started getting very nervous about the dash to Space Mountain. We both had our tickets out in order to secure Fast Passes before we rode so we could ride again later. We were really serious about getting the Fast Passes as soon as possible as to not let a bunch of people in before us in line (we are such losers!)

So we get to a spot about 150 feet from the FastPass machines and the CM's let us go in front of them at this point (I think they said "GO!"). I broke out in a full sprint for the FastPass machines, ticket in hand, wanting a new FastPass receiving time record. Welllll..... Disney washes their concrete in the morning, and just as I started to slow down for my approach to the machine, I slid and fell down on my butt in front of everyone.... eventually coming to a crashing halt at the machine.

It was pretty amazing though because I grabbed onto the FastPass machine, got up, and secured a FP before anybody else had. That's called perserverence. I was sad that my friend missed it though.

So sorry...but that's funny! :rotfl2:

:lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao: What a trooper you are! That last part where you grabbed onto the FP machine and got up was like a scene from a heroic epic movie - you're down but not out. :lmao:

This has got to be the best thread ever! I can't recall offhand any embarrasing moments, but I'm quite certain I probably did something stupid on our trip:lmao: . I'll try to pay more attention to my stupidity this year so that I can give you all the details:thumbsup2 :rotfl2: .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter