most affordable deluxe

rspencer38

Mouseketeer
What is the most affordable deluxe resort with a room type with a decent view? Just landed a new job with a large bump in salary and I am considering upgrading from POR.

AKL has been the cheapest that I can see. It is usually 40 or 50 /per night cheaper than WL (the previous cheaper Deluxe). Sometimes, I can get it for $189 or $199 in the fall with Florida Resident/AP rates.

I am paying $244 for a pool view in June but the Standard room rate just came out for $216.

What is the most affordable deluxe resort with a room type with a decent view? Just landed a new job with a large bump in salary and I am considering upgrading from POR.

First, congrats on the new job!!! :dance3:

Second, I would think the most affordable rooms with a decent view would be WL Woods View, AKL Pool View, or CR Garden Wing. Obviously, you should check for discounts for your dates as well!!!

Good luck!!!:goodvibes

WL and AKL are both classified as 'deluxes' but with a cheaper room rate. Why? No direct resort to park access...especially AKL. All the other deluxes have transportation other than buses. I would go with whichever one has the cheapest rate for the view you want.

WL and AKL are both classified as 'deluxes' but with a cheaper room rate. Why? No direct resort to park access...especially AKL. All the other deluxes have transportation other than buses. I would go with whichever one has the cheapest rate for the view you want.

The rooms are smaller too. Also AKL is the only deluxe with all bus transportation. WL has a boat to the MK

If you love MK park, the best bang for your buck is a wing room at CR. It's hard to beat the walkway to MK. And there are great viewing locations around the CR to watch Wishes. Nice restaurants as well, and you have the monorail to explore or dine at the other monorail resorts.

Deluxe resort prices reflect both room square footage and location. AKL and WL are the least expensive due to their price per square foot (smallest Deluxe rooms) and transportation options. On average, the rack rate is almost the same for a STD View room at both AKL and WL, depending on the rate season. AKL only offers bus transportation. WL offers buses and dedicated boat transportation to the MK and to FW and CR via Bay Lake. There are also several walking paths to FW and a non-stop bus to the MK. Some of the STD View WL rooms on the upper floors even have a partial view of Wishes, MK and CR.

As others have said, WL and AKL are the cheapest of the deluxe resorts. We haven't stayed standard view at either resort, but have stayed pool view at AKL, which is only about $15/more a night than standard (which, IMO, is worth it :thumbsup2).

IMHO, the cheapest way to stay at a Deluxe is to rent points and get a DVC studio...usually around the same price or cheaper than a mod.

IMHO, the cheapest way to stay at a Deluxe is to rent points and get a DVC studio...usually around the same price or cheaper than a mod.

Agreed. For our next trip we are paying roughly the same amount for a 1-BR at WL as we would pay for a room at POR.

I just wanted to point out that if you're staying at POR with a party of 5, regular rooms at AKL and WL are not options for you. They only have occupancy of 4. You have to move up to one of the more expensive deluxes, or to a 1-BR DVC villa at AKL, OKW or BLT to have 5 in one room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter