Mosquitoes at BLT

Never had problems at BLT but when we were at Beach Club in September the Love Bugs were EVERYWHERE! Especially by the pool.

Just got back 1.5 wks ago and there were the "no see ums" everywhere (ha, apparently you can see them).

I got bit on the ankle a ton of times while watching the Boyz II Men concert at Eat to the Beat. We were standing near the back of the "stadium" by the trees. Someone else called it the bug section. They were also hovering around the Boardwalk (mainly plants and water areas). And they do bite.

This is weird, in all the years we have been to WDW-we never noticed any and always wondered why. In MN they are everywhere in the summer evenings. Having that humid hot condition down there, we expected the worst.

We have only traveled Aug, Dec/Jan and April-maybe those are off months. Regardless I would think the worst would be THV's-low to the ground/weeds/trees/water.

Wow.. is it THAT bad? :scared1:

I always thought Disney did a fantastic job at keeping mosquito levels extremely slow (or virtually non existant)? Or is it a case of the levels being so abnormally high at the moment that it's a real struggle to deal with?

I've never really noticed mosquitoes to be honest, is there any specific month(s) where the levels would be high? I'm not really mosquito knowledgeable. :rolleyes1

We were at BLT in October and they were everywhere. They would cover the walls and were swarming. The weird thing was, they weren't agressive and biting. I never was bit and only 1 bite was gotten in our group of 6. We never used bug spray so I thought it was weird.

Be careful about going out on the balcony though, if you leave your door open, you'll have them all over in your room. We had the grand villa and spent a good hour killing them after having the door open for fireworks one night. :eek:

We were at a THV from October 28 to 31st, and we thought they were bad because of that location. We had been at BCV prior to that and did not have problems there, I even had enjoyed our patio on the first floor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter