Morgan and Jeff's Whimsical Wedding - Wedding photos blogged pg7

curiouser

Keep believing, keep pretending...
I'm not a great planner.. so I didn't do a planning journal. In fact, I left most decisions until the last minute. Thank goodness for wedding planners! But, these boards helped us so much in making the decision to have a Disney wedding and in inspiring me that I wanted to contribute back with our experiences and ideas.

Let's start with reviews, shall we?

Ken Weaver/Jen Flores - I was really excited when we were assigned Ken as our wedding planner because I remembered him as "the guy from the Food Network special". There is a reason they put him on TV - he is very good at what he does. We both felt incredibly comfortable putting things in his and Jen's hands. They made us feel so at ease with everything. Jen deserves equal credit; she was always answering e-mails promptly and in the days leading up to the wedding she helped calmed my nerves about the increasing chance of rain (more on that later!). I don't know we could have pulled all of this off without the two of them! Major bonus points to them as well for orchestrating all of the day-of changes without any hiccups at all. It was an amazingly smooth process.

Disney Floral/Laura Kidd - Laura was so nice, I wish I could give her all gold stars but I she lost some "warm and fuzzy" point when she got our names wrong.. twice. In our PS she called Jeff "Jeremy", which we took in good spirits and joked around about. However, when our estimate came it was outlined for Jeff and Allyson. Maybe it was the mood I was in, but it wasn't funny anymore. It did all get worked out, but if I am being honest, that did impact my overall view of her. Otherwise I loved our bouquets and the decor. She/Floral did a great job as well with the last minute change as well, you'd have never known it wasn't planned that way!

Beaute Speciale - I had Ana for my trial, and Ana, Laine and Carrie for the day of services. I wish I could go hang out with them for a day. Not only are the immensely talented, but they are a riot. It felt like we had three friends in the room; we laughed and chatted and they really made everything feel light and easy. Everyone loved their hair and make-up and it really lasted - even through several (and I do mean several) tears on my end, my make-up stayed perfect.

Studio 222 - I love Nate and Becka! I cannot accurately express how happy we are with the decision to book Studio 222. If I had to re-do the whole wedding over again and could only keep one thing from the original (aside from Jeff, of course!), it would be Nate and Becka. I adore their work, they are fabulous people -- and well, I think their photos speak for themselves.

Rev. Miller - A+ We aren't terribly religious people and originally we were going to go with a notary, but I knew that having our ceremony be officiated by a minister of some type was important to some members of our family (ahem, hi mom). We went with the contemporary ceremony from Rev. Miller and he had no problem at all with us altering his script and adding personal elements. He made us feel so at ease and balanced the perfect amount of humor and sincerity in the ceremony.

Coming up later in the trip report... We're late for a very important date!, Hoop-Dee-Dooing it Rehearsal dinner, A Very Mad Surprise!, Somebody's Getting Married...

First of all, congratulations on your marriage! :goodvibes

Your TR is off to a great start -- I'm anxious to read what happens next!

Congratulations on being married! I loved your reviews - they came off as being very honest. I look forward to reading more!

congrats! Thanks for coming back and posting a TR, they are so helpful. Can't wait to read more :goodvibes

Can't wait to read more and glad to know I am not the only one who makes last minute decisions :)

Thank you all so much for reading along so far!!

Tip: Planning arrivals, welcome bag distribution, rehearsal, welcome event, and rehearsal dinner all in the same day will leaved you a crazy stressed out mess

Our wedding was on a Monday. The tricky thing with Monday weddings is that you have to arrive the previous Friday at the latest if you want to drop off your stuff at Franck's, so arrive on Friday is what we did. Jeff's parents own DVC and they were incredibly generous with offering up several 2-bedrooms and studios at AKV for our guests. They also gave us a studio for two nights before we moved to the Contemporary. Our flight was fairly early, so instead of giving us a studio in the same area as the rest of the family was assigned to, they gave us one that was ready. The upside: ready room, savannah view (woohoo!). The downsize: You know BFE? We joked that it was 5 miles past that. I had no idea Kidani was so large! We estimated that it was almost 1/2 mile walk from the lobby.

We unpacked, dropped off our items at Franck's and headed for some down time in the parks before what would be a very busy few days.

(Honestly, I am trying to write this review but I keep getting distracted by Toddlers and Tiaras... this show is a trainwreck!!!!)

Everyone was arriving on Friday, including our caravan of drivers hauling stuff down. They arrived bright and early, about the time we were finishing up breakfast at Mara. We hopped the cushman cart and made our way back to Kidani to meet the van. I felt really bad for Bell Services; there was a lot of stuff. And a lot of stuff going to different rooms. The Welcome Bags were going to our room (in BFE); the other stuff, including the S'mores Packs to be assembled were to go to one of the 2-bedroom villas. Except the room wasn't ready.

4643403920_75cb52d380.jpg

4643408218_a1c4d7d1aa.jpg

Mind you, these photos are after two luggage racks had already been fully loaded.

The one thing I am glad we did is pack most of the welcome bags before we left. The only things that needed to be added were papers (so they didn't bend) and name tags and pins. I really loved our welcome bags and we were super excited to see people actually using them. It got to the point where someone would say "It's in the yellow bag." "Which ONE!?" LOL

Some of my favorite custom stuff came in the welcome bags, including the name tags, postcard, itinerary and custom celebration buttons:

Welcome bags

4620136085_76c3a24f27.jpg

4620151107_8e8fa8fa82.jpg

Itinerary Times Guide

4643506370_df3f5d18d7.jpg

4642894625_d46337ab15.jpg

Postcard

4642935995_efe93da4fc.jpg

Celebration buttons

4643532960_62716b3859.jpg

Once the Welcome bags were completed it was a mad dash to try and get them delivered and check on the s'mores pack committee. Did I mention that everyone else was on the other side of Kidani? We got our exercise....

Congratulations!! And omg! Those welcome bags are adorable! I'm excited to see more. :goodvibes

Toddlers and Tiaras is such a train wreck. I was just watching it and Jason walked in the room saying "If we ever have a daughter, you are NEVER going to do that". I told him not to worry :rotfl:

AKV is huge. That's our home DVC resort and it's ridiculous how big it is. My mom doesn't like it because of that fact and always complains.:rolleyes1

Anyways on to your welcome bags, they were fantastic! If you don't mind me asking, where did you get them made? And where did you get the celebrating buttons made? Very cute touches :)

Can't wait to read more!

Umm...wow! I cannot beleive all the amazing stuff you had made! Please tell me you didn't do that yourself! I think I need to go back and delete my welcome bag post :lmao: (seriously though).

I love your siggie pic! I cannot wait to see more :cheer2:

You did an amazing job with the welcome bags! They look great - did you get the bags custom made or did you buy them somewhere?

Yay!!!

I love that you started this already! Of course, you know I adore your welcome bags, too!! You had the greatest schedule ever!!! I totally wish I had thought of that. I am stealing that for my next Disney wedding ;)

You are motivating me, I might start my own TR when school lets out!

I am so looking forward to this!!!!:mickeybar:mickeybar

I love your welcome goodies! I also want to know more about your awesome Times guide ... did you do all of that yourself?

Wow - everything looks great. I will jump in with everyone else in saying that I love your Welcome Bags and those buttons.

Looking forward to reading more.

Linda

Yay, I saw some teaser pics on FB so I was excited to find out you started your TR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter