More updated Fastpass+ information

There have been many such straws. Increases in ticket prices. Increases in food/beverage prices. Increases in room rates. Decreases in EMH offerings. Decreases in value of DDP.

So far, the camel is standing strong.

I agree that there have been many such straws but there is always that last straw. This may not be it. Or it may. Time will tell. A lot will hinge on how it is handled.

There have been many such straws. Increases in ticket prices. Increases in food/beverage prices. Increases in room rates. Decreases in EMH offerings. Decreases in value of DDP.

So far, the camel is standing strong.

My hope is that the success of Cars Land has shown them the most powerful way to move the needle.

My hope is that the success of Cars Land has shown them the most powerful way to move the needle.

Over the years, there has seemed to be a big difference in mindset in Team Disney Orlando compared to the Anaheim folks.

So true. Hugely popular. Also, hotel prices (not just property hotels) are so much more expensive than when we went to DL almost 2 1/2 years ago year on year. Nowhere near the previous discounts and prices way up. Probably the best thing to happen to the Neighbor hotels in years. I don't know if it also affected the flight prices but they are nearly double what we spent then. Of course, there's that whole airline oligarchy thing going on also but that's a topic of its own (not here, though :).

Diehards might grumble about it, like they do about all the other things, but what will they do? Will they stop coming? Or will they grin and bear it, get used to it, and keep booking the trips? Disney expects them to get over it and they probably will.

Do you think this will be the final thing that just makes all of that unbearable? They will draw a line in the sand over a FP change while so easily bearing all those other things? Seems unlikely to me.

Diehards keep coming. Newbies have a more pleasant experience. Disney wins.

They use MM+ to connect people with more purchase opportunities for "unique" offerings. The opportunities are limitless to match up their customers with more and more things to buy, especially things that are targeted specifically at them rather than generic. $$$! Profit! That's the goal anyway.

I have stayed out of this thread because I thought for sure it would be locked by now. Cyrano must be in deep sleep or something. ;) And now that the pink pixie dust has dissipated I can answer a few of the bolded portions above.

We have been to WDW over 30 times so I guess I could consider us "diehards". We go 2 - 3 times a year. Speaking for this "diehard", I can honestly say that FP+ isn't exactly why we will limit our trips to Disney in the future. Our reasoning is based on lack of innovation and being expected to just accept the same ole same ole. The Kool-Aid is tasting quite stale at this point in the game.

Instead of focusing and investing on attractions, they've put all their eggs into this fabulous new basket. FP+ is just another reason we will spend our money elsewhere when in Orlando (Universal and Seaworld come to mind).

DDP was great when it began and look at the fiasco that has become. Yet another example of why we have lost faith in anything Disney does "for the greater good of all guests". FP+ will change "our" touring plan and that is not something I am willing to pay them for. I am not alone in my rationale and I expect other "diehards" will feel the same.

Unique offerings? You mean like Limited Time Magic? Trust these people?

I want no part to do with Disney of the future because this is how I picture it:

walle-e-humans-in-the-spaceship_zpse04969c6.jpg

Gee. I guess there will always be a contingent that is never satisfied. I certainly agree that not every move disney makes is the best but it seems there is no satisfying some. It seemed a couple years ago there were strong posts by many who complained about prices rising and disney just getting fat french fries the profits while there were no real new additions or investments. Well fast forward to now and disney has indeed made some extremely major investments. Fantasy land expansion, marvel, Lucasfilm cars land coming to Disney Hollywood Studios. Those add up to some serious coin. The new fastpass system is a major investment and potential risk. Downtown disney reboot part 2. Sure they change merchandise and me plans and discounts. Bottom line is its not possible to please all the people all the time. Not even disney can

For those who are frequent guests over many years and now seem disenchanted.... I wonder what other destination you would have and could have chosen over disney for all those trips that would have met your expectations year after year and kept your interest.

Disneys not perfect but for fun, entertainment and variety (which does mean change) i don't know what else could top disney

We're not all cut from the same cloth. I marvel at those who think that everyone else will think just like they do. There is a big wonderful world out there.

Well fast forward to now and disney has indeed made some extremely major investments. Fantasy land expansion, marvel, Lucasfilm cars land coming to Disney Hollywood Studios. Those add up to some serious coin.

For those who are frequent guests over many years and now seem disenchanted.... I wonder what other destination you would have and could have chosen over disney for all those trips that would have met your expectations year after year and kept your interest.

Disneys not perfect but for fun, entertainment and variety (which does mean change) i don't know what else could top disney

And how long is it taking them to build a kiddie coaster? Fantasy Land means nothing to me, individually. It was quite disappointing actually. It looks pretty but has nothing that interest "us", adults with no children. You will never see Marvel in a park unless it's eventually put into CA, Paris or Tokyo. Since this is the Orlando portion of the board, Marvel has no right being discussed. Unless of course you visit Universal which has the characters. Stars Wars Land / Avatarland.....no ground broken....kiddie coaster scenario....math. Scaled down version of Carsland from DCA.....that would actually help draw crowds away from TSM and give me a real reason to visit that park in the future. Once again....how many years will that take? As for DTD (just like it will always be MGM)...there is a huge outlet mall across the street with cheaper prices. Let's cut out about 35 of the new stores and give me a few more adult entertainment choices. This isn't rocket science.

Maui... ;)

Kauai
Maui
Barbados
Panama
Costa Rica
Honduras
San Francisco
Chicago
Washington DC

I should just stop now. ;) Actually we are really excited to drive our RV down to Silver Dollar City this year and check out their new STATE OF THE ART coaster that has the whole theme park community buzzing. It took them less than a year to build it *cough*

We were just at Disney for 3 days (Universal for 4) about 2 weeks ago. DW looks at me and says "are you getting as tired of Disney as I am?" As someone who visited MK in Orlando the year it opened, and have been a fan ever since, it hurt me to have to agree with her.

Like Planogirl stated above.....it's a big wonderful world out there.

Gee. I guess there will always be a contingent that is never satisfied. I certainly agree that not every move disney makes is the best but it seems there is no satisfying some. It seemed a couple years ago there were strong posts by many who complained about prices rising and disney just getting fat french fries the profits while there were no real new additions or investments. Well fast forward to now and disney has indeed made some extremely major investments. Fantasy land expansion, marvel, Lucasfilm cars land coming to Disney Hollywood Studios. Those add up to some serious coin. The new fastpass system is a major investment and potential risk. Downtown disney reboot part 2. Sure they change merchandise and me plans and discounts. Bottom line is its not possible to please all the people all the time. Not even disney can

OT- I'm not up on my superhero lore, it's just not my thing. However, I thought Marvel was connected to Universal somehow. Is that not the case?

Kauai
Maui
Barbados
Panama
Costa Rica
Honduras
San Francisco
Chicago
Washington DC

I should just stop now. ;) Actually we are really excited to drive our RV down to Silver Dollar City this year and check out their new STATE OF THE ART coaster that has the whole theme park community buzzing. It took them less than a year to build it *cough*

We were just at Disney for 3 days (Universal for 4) about 2 weeks ago. DW looks at me and says "are you getting as tired of Disney as I am?" As someone who visited MK in Orlando the year it opened, and have been a fan ever since, it hurt me to have to agree with her.

We're already cutting out Disney trips. We no longer visit 2-4 times a year. We opt for much briefer trips and once a year. Although, it will be 2 very short ones this year, due to other engagements. We've been spending time in Europe. The food better and it's actually cheaper. I can also fond unique, quality items for purchase.

No ressies, ADRs, or APs...feels weird. The foods in the crapper too. And, we are quite disappointed in FL....expected much more. But, I honestly believe...Disney doesn't care.

We're already cutting out Disney trips. We no longer visit 2-4 times a year. We opt for much briefer trips and once a year. Although, it will be 2 very short ones this year, due to other engagements. We've been spending time in Europe. The food better and it's actually cheaper. I can also fond unique, quality items for purchase.

No ressies, ADRs, or APs...feels weird. The foods in the crapper too. And, we are quite disappointed in FL....expected much more. But, I honestly believe...Disney doesn't care.

My husband won't go to WDW anymore. He says when he wants to see a European country, we go to Europe not to Epcot. I go to both BUT I used to go to WDW 4 times a year and I've been cutting back.
On our last trip, we saw two CMs arguing with each other. They weren't yelling but voices were raised. In the past, I don't think that would have happened in front of guests.

OT- I'm not up on my superhero lore, it's just not my thing. However, I thought Marvel was connected to Universal somehow. Is that not the case?

For many years, Universal Studios has had a contract allowing them to utilize the Marvel characters in their park(s)
(at least in the Eastern United States.)

Very recently (past year or so) Disney purchased the company that actually OWNS Marvel.

Disney is honoring the contract that allows Universal Studios to utilize the Marvel characters in their park(s)
(at least in the Eastern United States.)

It is unclear to what extent Disney will (now, and in the future) feature the Marvel characters in the California and world wide Disney parks, or to what extent Disney will feature them at the Florida parks at some future date.

Kauai
Maui
Barbados
Panama
Costa Rica
Honduras
San Francisco
Chicago
Washington DC

Totally agree and would add to your list

Rome
Venice
New York City
L.A.
Paris
London
Any of our National Parks

For anyone who is primarily a WDW visitor and has Disney Fatigue, I suggest visiting DL. It is much easier for us to get to WDW since we are on the east coast, but if we lived closer to the west coast, we would be going to DL for our vacation. I love a trip to WDW, but I looooove a trip to DL. It kicks the MK's butt, and CA was fun even before the Cars Land addition. According to my sister who lives out there, it is amazing now.

CA was fun even before the Cars Land addition. According to my sister who lives out there, it is amazing now.

It is!

I have to mention that DLR looks to be on track (but about a year behind) WDW in implementing MyMagic+/FP+,
so if the idea is to stay away from the roll-out of the program, it's on the way to California, too.

:lmao: You must be one of those people that believes Disney is the ONLY place you can vacation and have a good time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter