more questions from a 1st timer

1princess1prince

Mouseketeer
I hope everyone doesnt mind but I have a few more questions.

I was reading the thread on the photo CD and am interested in it, but I was wondering, at the dinners, do they have normal backdrops - I mean is it nice enough to be your family portrait?

A lot of the posts talked about lines for the photos - are the waits pretty long on a booked cruise?

And it talked about some of the pics being at certain times - are those with the characters?

It seems you can link cabins, so if we go with family we could just get one CD, is that still correct? Do you just give them a room number or do they scan a card like at WDW?

And on another topic - On Castaway Cay - if you get the extreme getaway with the stingray, snorkeling, floats and bike - can u spread it over 2 days. The package with just snorkeling, floats and bikes says it is for double dips but the one with the stingrays doesnt say.

Thanks again - trying to pass the time until June 26, 2011!!

I hope everyone doesnt mind but I have a few more questions.

I was reading the thread on the photo CD and am interested in it, but I was wondering, at the dinners, do they have normal backdrops - I mean is it nice enough to be your family portrait?

A lot of the posts talked about lines for the photos - are the waits pretty long on a booked cruise?

And it talked about some of the pics being at certain times - are those with the characters?

It seems you can link cabins, so if we go with family we could just get one CD, is that still correct? Do you just give them a room number or do they scan a card like at WDW?

And on another topic - On Castaway Cay - if you get the extreme getaway with the stingray, snorkeling, floats and bike - can u spread it over 2 days. The package with just snorkeling, floats and bikes says it is for double dips but the one with the stingrays doesnt say.

Thanks again - trying to pass the time until June 26, 2011!!

:wave2: Hey! Here's my 2 cents...

IMHO, no, the dinner photos are usually not nice enough to be "portraits". In several of ours, other people were in the background, they were slightly blurry, and even a CM was walking right by our table in one. :laughing: They were cute, convenient and looked great in my scrapbook, but the only one I'm considering framing, is our family one from embarkation day.

I'm not sure what you mean about lines, but some great advice I got from a friend: "go to shutters every night"! You can purchase a package the 1st night and then locate your family's photos from each day, rather than wait until the end. Also, photos move around and get buried or mixed in with others so it's easy to lose track of them after several days. And the lines on the last night are definitely atrocious!

The Navigators were great about listing photo ops, either with certain characters or even with crew members. And, yes, those did take place at certain times and the lines could get very long, especially on "big" nights like the Golden Mickeys.

Personally, photos for me are one of the things worth splurging on. We got such a great family shot at CC, with the ocean in the background, we ordered a Friends and Family package and had prints made for everyone back home!

Sorry, don't have any info on the packages at CC. Hope that helps! :flower3:

We did a double dip over TG 08. Some CC excursions specifically said it's for 2 days. Mostly it was for equipment rentals such as snorkel gear, floats, etc. for a tiny discount. If it doesn't state specifically that it's for more than 1 day, I would have to assume it's a 1 day deal.
We've never bought the cd. Can't help you there.

Just got off the Wonder, and actually were very surprised at the LOW amount of pictures that were taken. At MOST we had MAYBE 10 pictures on our "account" so there was NO WAY we were goin to buy the disc obviously. We took our own pictures everywhere we went and had our servers take group pics of the family at dinner and stuff and they worked out great. ONE night at dinner the photographer came by and took our picture but it wasnt that great of a pic at all so we didnt bother buying a single picture from Shutters. We didnt mind though saved lots of money cause we came home with 834 "free" pics that we took ourselves so it was perfectly fine with us. We never even saw a photographer at CC and the lines for the characters were at times long, but we left it up to our daughter if she wanted to wait in line and if she did we waited and then took the pic with our own camera...no problems!!

hope that helps a little bit

As far as linking for the CD. the more people you ask the more answers you'll get on DCL (just like WDW:goodvibes), my sister was told yes by one Shutters person and no from another about linking cabins because her daughter was in my cabin. Bottom line, our experience was that our cabins were linked before we got on the ship and all the pictures from the 3 cabins appeared when checking them on the machines (and later on the CD) along with a few of a child we did not know. The other explaination is that the system apparently goes by face detection and all 7 of us we in the initial boarding photo. Have a great trip!

Thanks everyone!! Looks like I won't be able to use the whole family portrait thing with the dh to justify the $, maybe Xmas cards :)

We bought the cd in advance for our trip to wdw, it was nice, but not sure if it was worth the discount price of 99 bucks.

My $.02...if you are thinking of getting the cd from your cruise, be sure to take advantage of every photo opportunity that you can. We always just order a few of our favorites, but we also are on the ship at least 1x/year. We never even posed for any this cruise except our embarktion pic and a few in the restaurants and a few with characters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter