More podcasters and youtubers

That make sure total sense and I thought that was the case.

Good to know too as I’m working on my own YouTube channel come early next year... yep, yet another Disney blogger on the way lol

This may be strange but getting a kids perspective on the parks would be really interesting on a podcast. We watch the Neverland Family on YouTube and we, including our kids, love hearing what their kids have to say. It helps us understand more what kids really want and helps us plan.

This may be strange but getting a kids perspective on the parks would be really interesting on a podcast. We watch the Neverland Family on YouTube and we, including our kids, love hearing what their kids have to say. It helps us understand more what kids really want and helps us plan.
I actually suggested something like that a while back. It could be a junior edition of the Dis. I know how much my nephew (8) enjoys watching Disney World videos. I thought Ferris and Finley would be great doing this.

Yep - I always enjoy when I'm watching something (usually from the media events) and I see "others I know" in the background. And I usually "rewind the tape" to cement that it's them, and then congratulate myself that I spotted it/them. :rotfl:

I'm sure I heard the melodious tones of Ryno in the background of Tim Trackers coverage of the Aventura hotel media event.

I’m sure a crossover episode with the cast of this Orlando life would be interesting... :)

I have to admit I hoped there might be a surprise visit from Dis presenters of the past during the 1000th episode.
It would have been nice to see Oliver or JL popping in to say hello during that show.

I'd love to see other podcasters join the show now and then, maybe a monthly or bimonthly special just to bring in a new perspective.
The Trackers would be cool.
One thing I'd love to see would perhaps be vloggers from outside the U.S. coming on occasionally. One of the great things about when Oliver was on the show was that he could talk about visiting WDW from abroad.

Rob Plays would be good as he covers a lot of Disney history as would defunctland. Be nice to see them have youtubers who have different styles of disney shows on.

I asked about this a while back. Unfortunately, in the world of vlogging/etc, it seems some abide by the Spengler Theory:

200.gif

When it comes to youtubers/vloggers, it's often Coke v. Pepsi. May be the same wheelhouse, but they have their own brand to market and protect, and inviting a competitor on the show may not be what they want. And I assure you not all of them are friends...or even friendly with one another.

Anyone but Lou Mongello...That guy has rainbow colored glasses on with Disney... I love WDW too but dang he refuses to say anything negative about them. I swear hes on their payroll lol

Anyone but Lou Mongello...That guy has rainbow colored glasses on with Disney... I love WDW too but dang he refuses to say anything negative about them. I swear hes on their payroll lol

I like Lou's podcasts. I don't disagree with you that he never has anything negative to say but on the flip side I sometimes feel certain episodes of the DIS are a bit over the top with the negativity and monotone complaints. That's fine and certainly par for the course when you're listening to a show that is an extension of someone's personality and therefore their experiences/moods. The beauty of the various podcast/youtubers/etc is there are different flavors to sample. Lou's DSI episodes, and other episodes in general, are rich with Disney history which is right up my alley. There's few who can match Lou's Disney trivia prowess; the guys on the DIS cannot (or certainly don't really try) other than maybe Tom Bell who I admittedly don't listen to routinely. So I cherry pick the podcasts for different purposes.

I like Lou's podcasts. I don't disagree with you that he never has anything negative to say but on the flip side I sometimes feel certain episodes of the DIS are a bit over the top with the negativity and monotone complaints. That's fine and certainly par for the course when you're listening to a show that is an extension of someone's personality and therefore their experiences/moods. The beauty of the various podcast/youtubers/etc is there are different flavors to sample. Lou's DSI episodes, and other episodes in general, are rich with Disney history which is right up my alley. There's few who can match Lou's Disney trivia prowess; the guys on the DIS cannot (or certainly don't really try) other than maybe Tom Bell who I admittedly don't listen to routinely. So I cherry pick the podcasts for different purposes.
The Disunplugged isn’t a trivia show so not sure why you’d be looking for trivia. Connecting with Walt is all about Disney history and IMO is the best Disney History podcast out there right now.

As for Lou I’m not a fan. He’s way too Disney can do no wrong ever. The Dis has a good mix of what is good and what isn’t.

The Disunplugged isn’t a trivia show so not sure why you’d be looking for trivia. Connecting with Walt is all about Disney history and IMO is the best Disney History podcast out there right now.

As for Lou I’m not a fan. He’s way too Disney can do no wrong ever. The Dis has a good mix of what is good and what isn’t.

I didn’t say the DIS was a trivia show. I covered that with “or certainly don’t really try”. Not sure where you drew that conclusion. *shrugs*

I like Lou’s show just fine, in spite of its rose colored glasses. I could do without the melodrama of some of the panelists on the DIS, too, but I still enjoy its other qualities. Like I said, we have options and can pick and choose based on our desires. I’m happy we have those options.

Edit: I could have more succinctly replied with:
“You should read my post again. I’ve already addressed what you said.” ;)

And just so we are clear and before this goes down the wrong path, my initial post above regarding Lou's podcast wasn't about touting one podcast(er(s)) over another. It was to champion the fact that we have options. Re:
"The beauty of the various podcast/youtubers/etc is there are different flavors to sample."

It seems downright silly to quibble about what Disney podcast you like and get upset at one for being "too positive". If that's something as a listener you have the privilege to argue about then, my God, you are truly blessed to have such insignificant problems. The real world is full of real problems; I don't see the need to make a Disney podcast one. I think that's a Jay-Z quote, but don't quote me on that. ;)

or certainly don’t really try”.
And they don’t try because they aren’t that kind of show.

There are certainly aspects I like more than others but I think comparing different disney podcasts on a forum about one specific Disney podcast isn’t a great thing either.

My thing with Lou is this..... besides when he has that blowhard annoying Jim Korkis on lol.... his dining reviews of every WDW restaurant are always groundbreaking dining events... everytjing that he eats is breathtaking and mindblowing.... he is setting people up for failure when they go to eat at some of these places cuz not everyone will love the food just cuz it happens to be on WDW property....

My thing with Lou is this..... besides when he has that blowhard annoying Jim Korkis on lol.... his dining reviews of every WDW restaurant are always groundbreaking dining events... everytjing that he eats is breathtaking and mindblowing.... he is setting people up for failure when they go to eat at some of these places cuz not everyone will love the food just cuz it happens to be on WDW property....

I skip the dining reviews.

Korkis is fine by me. Tim Foster episodes are the ones that are hard for me to listen through. What sucks about that is the topics are usually my favorites when he’s the guest.

Jim Korkis has been on Connecting with Walt several times.

When hes on with Lou he constantly interrupts Lou and never lets him speak and his whole gimmick is tooting his own horn about how much of an expert he is...just not my cup of tea lol. Might be yours

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!