More on bathrooms

fatgreylady

Mouseketeer
Are there any "family" bathrooms available? Not baby-changing ones, but "private" ones for me to take my adult daughter with disabilities into?

First Aid in every park also has private restrooms which you can use. Some of them are small, tight if it‘s the 2 of you plus a wheelchair (especially Magic Kingdom).

WDW calls them "companion restrooms" and they are noted on the Guide for Guests with Disabilities for each park. There is not an adult changing table, just toilet and sink. You are also welcome to use First Aid at any park, especially if there may be need for a lying down change.

Also remember that those bathrooms are very popular with all kinds of folks - some with disabilities (hidden or otherwise), and some with special circumstances, and some are just Guests who want or need that moment of privacy while answering "nature's call". On more than one occasion, I have arrived at a "companion" restroom, and found a wait required - anywhere from 1 to 3 or even 4 families ahead of me.

All of that is to say to plan ahead a bit if you can; you may need to wait a bit for you turn if that type of restroom is what you plan on using. Every "regular" restroom WDW will have at least 1 handicapped stall in it (with plenty of room for a mobility device) as well.

Also remember that those bathrooms are very popular with all kinds of folks - some with disabilities (hidden or otherwise), and some with special circumstances, and some are just Guests who want or need that moment of privacy while answering "nature's call". On more than one occasion, I have arrived at a "companion" restroom, and found a wait required - anywhere from 1 to 3 or even 4 families ahead of me.

All of that is to say to plan ahead a bit if you can; you may need to wait a bit for you turn if that type of restroom is what you plan on using. Every "regular" restroom WDW will have at least 1 handicapped stall in it (with plenty of room for a mobility device) as well.
the other thing that can happen with the "companion bathroom" is a family with a toddler in a hurry will bang on door because you are taking too long for them. yes it has happened to me
Both happen to us a lot - especially Magic Kingdom (probably because there are more families with small kids).
We‘ve had some pretty rude comments made to us at MK. If it’s busy at MK, we often go straight to First Aid.They are very nice about using their restroom and do usually make sure we know about the Companion Restrooms. When I say we are aware, but find them too hard to use because of all the families using them, they usually say they get told that a lot.

WDW calls them "companion restrooms" and they are noted on the Guide for Guests with Disabilities for each park. There is not an adult changing table, just toilet and sink. You are also welcome to use First Aid at any park, especially if there may be need for a lying down change.
Are there adult changing tables at first aid centers? This would be fantastic for our very tall 5 year old dude with CP/complex medical needs!

Are there adult changing tables at first aid centers? This would be fantastic for our very tall 5 year old dude with CP/complex medical needs!
Yes.
First Aid in each park has rooms with cots that can be used changing adults or children too tall/big or old to use the changing tables in the restrooms.
When you go into First Aid, there is a desk where they ask you to write the name of the person using First Aid, signature and time. You tell them what you need and they will assign you an appropriate room to use.

That happens all the time with the regular bathroom handicap stalls too.

Also, who else wishes that Disney would have these in ALL the bathrooms?View attachment 581214

Yes! The amount of times that I have gone to the bathroom and seen a line, but everyone was waiting for the same 3 stalls is infuriating. Come on ladies, bend over and check for feet in the stalls, don't just stand there like sheep. One time, in the Tangled bathrooms this happened and no one was even going to the second set of stalls.

Are there any "family" bathrooms available? Not baby-changing ones, but "private" ones for me to take my adult daughter with disabilities into?

Absolutely! My favorite is a little out of the way at Hollywood Studios. If you go to Animation Courtyard, and head straight back towards the relaxation station, to your left will be some bathrooms and if you keep walking to the left, around a corner is a companion restroom that is hardly ever occupied.

Absolutely! My favorite is a little out of the way at Hollywood Studios. If you go to Animation Courtyard, and head straight back towards the relaxation station, to your left will be some bathrooms and if you keep walking to the left, around a corner is a companion restroom that is hardly ever occupied.
Just for those that are unaware, mow that masks are no longer required, there is no relaxation stations. The sport they are referring to is where Star Wars launch bay was/is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter