More Help Please DLP Experts

wils

<font color=ff6633>Has had Capt. Jack Sparrow on h
Thankd to those of you who replied to my thread of last week about taking a 2 1/2 year old to DLP at Christmas. We spent an hour on the phone chatting about it and after sending some cute photos of DD with the characters I think I have sold them on the idea :banana:

My friend came back with some new questions which I don't know the answers to so HHHHHHeeeeeeLLLLLLLpppppppp (please!)

Disney hotels are too expensive and we really do want to have an area for the evening separate to where Amy sleeps, so we are thinking of going to an apart-hotel - where we can share the bedroom with Amy but would also have a living room and small kitchen to read/watch tv/talk while she sleeps. This is a partner hotel with free shutle to the Park - Pierre & Vacances City, next to the Shopping Centre and Outlet shops. Have you heard of it? Anything good or bad we should know about it?

They are travelling at Christmas

A few more questions... we have read a few reviews about people saying they had to queue for 1 hour for breakfast at Dinsey hotels... is this 'normal'?

And how long would you expect to queue for most rides? And how long would you expect for meet the characters on the 'street'?

Do you know whre they do lunch or other meals with characters other than in the Mickey Cafe'? (the apart-hotel does not include meet the characters breakfast, as it is not a Disney one).
I seem to remember we had a meal in Liberty Tree Tavern?

Thank you guys once again :hug:

If they are really traveling on Christmas (between 24th December to 6th January) the resort will be stuffed and then waiting times in the morning will be heavy. (in the Disney hotels!)
What we always do when we stay in one of the Disney hotels: In the morning we only throw some water in our faces and brush our teeth and then we have an early breakfast. After breakfast we take a shower and make us ready for another Disney day.
That way you can avoid the real big crowds which will start from 8:30 – 9:45. :thumbsup2

The same works at the Holiday Inn, Kyriad, Dream Castle and The Explorers. But I don’t know about the other hotels near the shopping mall.

I don’t know what you mean with “Liberty Tree Tavern” I have never heard of such a restaurant at DLRP before. ;)
But if they want to have a nice characters meal they can choose Inventions at the Disneyland Hotel. Although this one is a little bit more expensive. (about 48€ per adult or nowadays even more) But therefore you have a real great buffet and a lot of characters interaction. And you can have a look into the park and to the castle (!!!) from the restaurant. :thumbsup2

Anyone can book a character breakfast at Cafe Mickey- its just more expensive for those not staying in Dis hotel.
As well as Inventions which Marcus mentioned you can also have a character buffet in Lucky Nugget Saloon, Lunch and Dinner at cafe Mickey, Tea parety at Plaza Gardens. Lunch with the Princesses at Auberge de Cendrillon

We did the tea party in Summer and would highly recommend it as a way of meeting characters.

Liberty Tree Tavern is in WDW.

Also, big note re characters - its my biggest problem with DLRP. Mickey, Minnie and a few select others have dedicated queues for pics and autographs. Outwith that, it's crouch - touch - pause - engage.......scrum like!

Parents will shove kids in front of others - you have no choice to join in the carnage....I have never understand why they can't have cast members having simple orderly queues.......

Jo, there's a review on the Pierre and Vacances here. It's served by a shuttle bus or else your friends could catch the RER train there and back.

Don't know whether they've considered the Explorers? They could book a room there with a separate cabin room for Amy. The hotel is very kid-orientated, however there isn't a kitchen and I think the P&V is probably going to work out cheaper.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter