Moonlight Magic Reservation Much Improved!

Sorry but I have to disagree. I was 2600 at 801. Numbers went down pretty fast. Then it was finally my turn so I sat and stared at the next page for awhile then got sent back to where it says it’s your turn stared again. A form came up now it’s paused. This is nuts. I have a feeling it’s full

Sorry but I have to disagree. I was 2600 at 801. Numbers went down pretty fast. Then it was finally my turn so I sat and stared at the next page for awhile then got sent back to where it says it’s your turn stared again. A form came up now it’s paused. This is nuts. I have a feeling it’s full
If it was full that box below the queue numbers would say so. For the Disneyland event that box updated with percent full as time went on.

I have to agree with most. The process worked wonderfully for me. I have used a que system for other event tickets I’ve purchased and I really do like it. Sorry some are having issues. Far beats the old way though in my opinion

I had a good experience too- I know it was random at 9am- but after that I liked being able to see how many people were in front of me and how fast the line was moving. I was 601 at 9am and was done registering by 9:07am. No glitches for me- hopefully it was the same for most people.

There has been a lot of negative lately but I wanted to point out that the registration was super easy this morning and this is a WAY better process than before. Kudos to the positive change!
Absolutely!
At nine, I was right on the registration page!

I’d love to call MS just to let them know this totally stinks. Have a system that works for all or don’t use it

I'm afraid I have to disagree. I signed in to website just at 9 am and was about number 2800 in line. It took less than 1/2 an hour to get directed to the registration page which stated that it would refresh every 10 seconds until a spot opened. It kept refreshing and refreshing. Then I got thrown back to the virtual queue at number 1060 with a note that the system is down. Now it's 10:00 and I just got a note that it's fixed, but I'm still number 1060. Luckily I took screen shots throughout the process to show Disney that I was in the line and on the registration page. Still no movement from 1060.

FINALLY it's done. Confirmation printed. It took 1 hour 25 minutes. I understand that there was a glitch BUT I am not happy that I got thrown back to the end of the queue again.

Last edited:

I’d love to call MS just to let them know this totally stinks. Have a system that works for all or don’t use it

Did you stay on the page when it was paused? It was paused for a technical issue that was later corrected. It started back up a while later and they posted this:

Message last updated: 10:02 AM EST
Goofy has left the building! Registration for Moonlight Magic at Magic Kingdom Park is back underway, and we thank you for your patience.

You might still be able to get in.

I'm afraid I have to disagree. I signed in to website just at 9 am and was about number 2800 in line. It took less than 1/2 an hour to get directed to the registration page which stated that it would refresh every 10 seconds until a spot opened. It kept refreshing and refreshing. Then I got thrown back to the virtual queue at number 1060 with a note that the system is down. Now it's 10:00 and I just got a note that it's fixed, but I'm still number 1060. Luckily I took screen shots throughout the process to show Disney that I was in the line and on the registration page. Still no movement from 1060.

After they brought it back, it took quite some time (at least 10 minutes) for the number to start going down on my browser.

This update was posted a few minutes ago:

Message last updated: 10:13 AM EST
With 70% of Magic Kingdom Park Moonlight Magic registrations still available for BOTH DATES, you’re in great shape. Hang tight, and to make your wait a bit more fun, test your Disney knowledge below.

So if you don't have a registration yet, keep trying. They are still available.

I would bet that everyone that was patient will be ok. It appears there is a lot of availability.

It took just a little over an hr but we’re finally in. I thought something was going on when I kept it arching the spinning thing. But we’re in can’t wait now

It seems like if your reservation was not points under your own membership you were screwed as well. It said in the email that cash or points stays are ok, but the system didn't let you past the first page if it didn't find a reservation under your member number.

I got registered, but it wasn’t easy for me either. On line right at 9. Queue # was 1982. Only took a few minutes to get message that I was now ready to be registered but of course the server was full so I had to wait to be redirected. When that finally happened the registration page popped up with the blanks to enter member #, but it was only visible for about 2 seconds then I got booted off entirely. Had to start over in the queue with a number in the 1500s. Then got caught up in the “pause”. Finally got registered; took an hour and 4 minutes!

I don’t see why they don’t just automatically register any member who has a reservation for a party date

Just did it, only one ahead of me. Took about a minute or 2. Feb 12.

Liked getting an email letting me know it was avail, would never remember otherwise.

Wow. 70% still available at 10:13AM. I'd estimate about 4000 registrations in that time (a lot of that time was down to a tech glitch), say an average of 3 people per registration and we get 12000 people for 30% of the park (about one third). So 36000 for the event? How crowded would a 36000 person day be?

I got registered, but it wasn’t easy for me either. On line right at 9. Queue # was 1982. Only took a few minutes to get message that I was now ready to be registered but of course the server was full so I had to wait to be redirected. When that finally happened the registration page popped up with the blanks to enter member #, but it was only visible for about 2 seconds then I got booted off entirely. Had to start over in the queue with a number in the 1500s. Then got caught up in the “pause”. Finally got registered; took an hour and 4 minutes!

I don’t see why they don’t just automatically register any member who has a reservation for a party date

Exact same for me. Was frustrated until I saw the notes that they still had a ton of availability. Second time went much smoother, although I had to restart myself in the que line.

Wow. 70% still available at 10:13AM. I'd estimate about 4000 registrations in that time (a lot of that time was down to a tech glitch), say an average of 3 people per registration and we get 12000 people for 30% of the park (about one third). So 36000 for the event? How crowded would a 36000 person day be?

I think there are a ton of people that log in on multiple devices or have multiple people trying to get through at the same time because or perceived scarcity and the issues that came up in registration last year. So if the que says 4K maybe only 2500 “real” attempts. Also, there are more limits on the amount of tickets you can get which give more unique users a chance to get it. I do think they are creating more spots for these events though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts