Moonlight magic questions

Still closes at 7:30 😩
But you can still make one ride if you check in at 7:00 and head straight there!
Wait! Where did you get the time 7:30? AK closes at 8:00 tonight, right? So why would you not be able to get in line at 7:59 and still get to ride? I'd like to know this information since we are going to the September party and want to do Yak & Yeti and the safari both before they close.

ETA: I'm still disappointed they aren't letting us in two hours before closing.

ETA: I went to their website and saw that the safari does indeed close at 7:30 tonight. I have always done the safari first thing in the morning, so I had no idea that it closes before park closing. I just noticed that in September, it closes at 5:30. Since we probably won't be able to get in to the park until 6:00, there is no way to do safari. I'm totally bummed about this as this was going to be our only AK day, and the safari is a favorite.

Last edited:
Wait! Where did you get the time 7:30? AK closes at 8:00 tonight, right? So why would you not be able to get in line at 7:59 and still get to ride? I'd like to know this information since we are going to the September party and want to do Yak & Yeti and the safari both before they close.

ETA: I'm still disappointed they aren't letting us in two hours before closing.
Safari closes 30 minutes before park close

Safari closes 30 minutes before park close
Gotcha. I'm really confused by something though. In September, the park closes at 7:00. But when I click on the Safari, it shows that it closes at 5:30. If this is the case, then if we are allowed to enter at 6:00, there will be no way for anyone to do the safari!

Gotcha. I'm really confused by something though. In September, the park closes at 7:00. But when I click on the Safari, it shows that it closes at 5:30. If this is the case, then if we are allowed to enter at 6:00, there will be no way for anyone to do the safari!
I guess there’s still a chance they extend park hours before your visit? Hopefully you’ll still get to enter an hour before close, and therefore 30 min before safari close! 🤞🏻

What a night! They made quite a few adjustments after Epcot-gate. Snacks were plentiful and diverse and they kept a lot of the snack stands/restaurants open until 10:30 to midnight. Our favorite was dumplings from Mr. Kamal’s right at 11:00.

We met Russell & Kevin (next to bridge to Dinoland from Discovery Island), the Three Caballeros (across from Flame Tree BBQ), Tinkerbell and Fawn (Adventurer Outpost), and Mira the Royal Detective (Near Mr. Kamal’s). Another super cool experience was at FOTLK, where they had all the animal floats from the show out and you could take pictures in front of them. Timon and Rafiki were also there for meet and greets.

A couple of meet and greets we heard about or saw but didn’t do were Clarabelle and Goofy in Asia, Mickey and Minnie in African clothing in Africa, and Clarice the chipmunk in Dinoland.

We walked on to Everest twice and hopped in line for FOP at 11:30 and left the park at 12:20. This was one of our favorite Moonlight Magic to date and I felt like we got a lot done in three hours.

Note: The Dinoland games area was a bit of a mess. That was probably one of our longest wait of the night, as we waited 20-30 minutes to play one game. People were giving us game tickets left and right because they were giving up on the lines. There were a few parties in front of us where the entire party stayed seated for multiple turns. I would say this was one area that Disney could have set better guidelines and managed the crowds more effectively.

I agree with post above… Dinoland was mess.. we were one of those people that gave away game tickets.. our kids did two and we got outta there and never went back … was hoping there would be merch.. waited in line only to find out there was a DVC member pin that can be purchased at many DVC resorts

I guess there’s still a chance they extend park hours before your visit? Hopefully you’ll still get to enter an hour before close, and therefore 30 min before safari close! 🤞🏻
That would work except we also want to eat at Yak and Yeti. This is our last trip for a while, so we are trying to do all of our favorites. Our plan had been to make this our only AK day, but I guess it's back to the drawing board to start a new plan. Just glad I'm doing the last party so I have time to make some plans.

I agree with the above poster dinoland was a mess. They should have let us use the vouchers before the party started. We walked past several times before 9 and the workers were just standing there. After 9 it was just crazy. We just didn’t use them.

We had a great time. Got there around 5:30 used stacked fp for Navi, walked on safari, fp ee and the kids did dinosaur. When they were in line the asked a cast member about the characters and she had who was meeting and where so the kids took a photo. Which was amazing so we knew who was where.

Around 820 we headed toward 3 cabaleros meet waited around got some snacks and the popcorn bucket. After me met them we did Ludwig and clarice, headed over to the Lion King meet and greet. I think our jaws dropped when we saw the floats!!! We met Mickey and Minnie in their African outfits. Then we rode EE walk on met goofy. Then Tinkerbell and Fawn.

We left with all of our dinoland tickets and 4 snack credits. DH tried to get the dumplings but the just closed. Headed out around 11:45. At that time we did notice the 3 cabelaros we not there anymore. It seemed like they were closing the meet any greet lines early to make sure they were done by midnight.

We had a great time!!! So glad it didn’t keep raining. One thing to note, the popcorn with the bucket is not the normal popcorn. So we used snack credits for the good stuff!!

I agree with the above poster dinoland was a mess. They should have let us use the vouchers before the party started. We walked past several times before 9 and the workers were just standing there. After 9 it was just crazy. We just didn’t use them.

We had a great time. Got there around 5:30 used stacked fp for Navi, walked on safari, fp ee and the kids did dinosaur. When they were in line the asked a cast member about the characters and she had who was meeting and where so the kids took a photo. Which was amazing so we knew who was where.

Around 820 we headed toward 3 cabaleros meet waited around got some snacks and the popcorn bucket. After me met them we did Ludwig and clarice, headed over to the Lion King meet and greet. I think our jaws dropped when we saw the floats!!! We met Mickey and Minnie in their African outfits. Then we rode EE walk on met goofy. Then Tinkerbell and Fawn.

We left with all of our dinoland tickets and 4 snack credits. DH tried to get the dumplings but the just closed. Headed out around 11:45. At that time we did notice the 3 cabelaros we not there anymore. It seemed like they were closing the meet any greet lines early to make sure they were done by midnight.

We had a great time!!! So glad it didn’t keep raining. One thing to note, the popcorn with the bucket is not the normal popcorn. So we used snack credits for the good stuff!!

The popcorn we got with the bucket was the normal popcorn but it wasn’t enough to fill it.

oh that stinks that they dont let you use your game vouchers till the party starts.

Does anyone know if there is a list around of the snacks we can get from the open locations?

We are headed to the 8/31 DAK event. Will we get an email letting us know what time we can enter the park?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter