• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Monsters mis-step -- Variety review

johare

DIS Veteran
http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20011029/en/review-filmmonsters_1.html

Some quotes...

"Mildly amusing and visually up to Pixar's usual high standards in computer animation, ``Monsters, Inc.'' streaks to the height of its trajectory right out of the box and gradually loses altitude the rest of the way"

"Monsters'' is noticeably more relentless, frantic and noisy than its predecessors, as well as less charming and captivating. Nor does it come close to rivaling ``Shrek'' as the standout animated picture of the year."

"but the poignant note on which the story ends forcibly reminds the audience of the genuine emotional chords the film has previously failed to strike." Hmmm...must mean a sad ending? Hope not for the kids sake.

Roger Ebert's review (3 stars) was much more upbeat then the one you quoted. Different strokes for different people.

So far the reaction to Monsters is almost all positive. I think it's about 90% on RottenTomatos.com.

Joel Siegel on Good Morning America was positively gushing with praise for the movie. After seeing it Friday night, I have to agree with him.

I saw it Friday and thought it was excellent!!! I saw Shrek and although it is very funnny I really think that it shouldnt be compared to Monsters Inc. IMO Shrek is aimed at teenagers and adults. I think sneaking a couple of curse words is also a shame. Again, it is a very good movie but I think Monsters Inc. blew it out of the water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter