Monster Makeup Show for Kids?

ada0801

Earning My Ears
My kiddos hate scary. We can watch Hocus Pocus/Nightmare before Christmas but that’s it. My hubs works in the film industry and I think he would love the show. What do you think for squeamish kids? Too scary not scary at all? The kids in question are 6 and 10.
Honest and all feedback welcome.

My kids ..all boys…7, 9, 10
loved the show when they were in grade school

We did many repeats of it the days we were there

My kids loved it (10&7), but they were the only kids in the audience! The hosts even made a comment about how they were brave when we first got there and that made me wonder if it was going to be inappropriate. It was not. There was some fake blood and a thing or two that made us jump, but not overly scary. Since they were the only kids there the host kept referring to my kids when he made a joke and the kids thought this was hilarious. It’s definitely not for everyone though. Eventually they show how they do the stunts. I wouldn’t classify it as ruining the magic.. but they show how some of the violence is created. So if hey are too young they might not like that

My Then 12 year old loved it but my 9 year old got too scared. The "stage show" aspect of it I think was fine (and quite funny). But they show some movie clips (like say from American Warewolf in London) that spooked my younger one.

I guess it really depends on the child though.

My kids were not scared by it (13, 11, 5). The first time we went, my youngest was so spooked by the word “Horror” in the title that she freaked out before it really even started and we had to leave because she would not calm down enough to watch it. The second time, I gave her my phone to play on, which distracted her enough that the rest of us could sit there and watch in peace. Eventually she kind of half watched it and realized there really wasn’t anything “horrible” about it. It’s more funny than scary.

I enjoy it but I don’t think my kids 9 and 12 would. My 12 year old would appreciate learning the secrets behind how they pull off some of the gory wounds and chopping hands off, but I am not sure my youngest could get past it. In context it is not gory, but my kids watch nothing with gore so I am not sure how they would handle it.

Possible you could Google it and find it online
It might let you know if your kids could handle it

there is a tad of background giving in the show how some of the features work (wolf man)

It's really more of a comedy show than an actual horror-based show. I see little kids in there all the time who seem to be enjoying it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter