Mondays vs Sundays (Magic Kingdom and Epcot)

Frozen2014

DIS Veteran
Doing very early planning (just cause I'm excited and I love all the planning stuff for anticipation!). Our trip isn't until next August so I can't see crowd estimates on touring plans yet.

We will be arriving on a Saturday so our first park day will be Sunday. We are looking at 2 days at MK, 2 days at Epcot, 1 day at HS and 1 day at AK. Thus, I'd like to put MK and EP at the start and end of the trip.

Not sure that it really makes a difference but from a past trip, I remember hearing that MK is busy on Mondays for some reason? So I'm thinking
  • MK on Sunday
  • Epcot on Monday
Or is MK also really busy on a weekend? This is the for the weekend prior to labor day. I guess ideally it would be nice to start to MK anyways but just thought I'd get opinions from those who know the parks and crowds. I am assuming that by next summer things will be mostly back to normal (or perhaps worse with people rebooking missed trips)

Locals with AP's probably make the parks busier on weekends when there is good weather. Other then that not sure anyone has a good enough crystal ball to predict specific crowd levels months in advance. Some people with small children probably make MK their first park, but everyone doesn't arrive on the same day of the week.

Thanks for the replies. Yeah, I know no crystal ball. More looking at the past of how it's been. And I know one week can be different from the next. Thx.

I've always heard that weekends are the busiest for MK. For those who are doing a weekend only trip, MK is a must do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter