Mondays at the park are bad. Bad!

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
Not sure what it is today. The crowds? The heat? But CMs are particularly snippy. It’s rare for me to experience that once. Today I’ve faced it at least three times. Mondays suck at DL. They’re worse than any weekend day. Never again. Avoid at all costs.

Well shoot - I am a vet who is taking a larger group of newbies next Monday. I'm worried! It's the only day that works for the group - shoot.

Thank goodness I have some experience to use for their benefit. Never done MaxPass before but looking forward to trying it!

It’s the 3 or 4 day weekends the local people do all the time

Last edited:
It’s the 3 or 4 day weekends the local people do all the time

I'm completely guilty of adding to the 3 day weekend crowd. Work makes it very easy for me to take Fridays or Mondays off, and southwest has super cheap flights from my area to SNA. In fact I'll be in the parks this Thursday afternoon through Sunday evening. I'm expecting to use maxpass and otherwise spend my time in shows. In my experience though, Thursdays are the best day of the week.

Yeah I’m here now. It’s pretty packed. Even parking and entering was crazy. Still managed to do a lot though with fastpass and single rider

Yep- we were there last Monday and it was crowded and hot. We saw a few cranky CMs too, and I'm sure it was because they were really hot. Most were wonderful as always. I will say though as bad as Monday was last week, we thought Wednesday was worse. Saturday and Sunday were great! Monday was awful. Tuesday was better than Monday, but worse than the weekend. Wednesday, the first few hours in the morning were great, but after that it was insanely crowded and very hot! A CM told us that Wednesday was bad because they had a few big conventions coming in and hitting at the exact same time, and that Wednesday they were going to the parks before their meetings on Thursday. Don't know if that is true or not. We saw a CM be awful to another customer on Wednesday at a Counter Service restaurant at California Adventure. Hot or not, it was unacceptable. Unknown to that CM, the customer that she did that to was also a CM and fully intended to report her. I suspect she was an entertainment CM as she said "Wow-- if any Disney character ever treated a guest like even if they were having a bad day she would be fired immediately". She asked me if that was as bad as it made her feel like it was- and my response was "yes". The customer CM was sweet and polite and there was no excuse for the treatment she got.

Ugh - our first day will be a Monday. :sad2:
All I can say is get there early and use maxpass. i couldn't do rope drop today and instantly regretted it when it took me an hour to get through parking and security, and another 30 minutes to get through the gates. I still had a lot of fun even with the crowds and heat, but man, I'm exhausted after dealing with that all day.

Our first day will be a Monday too...:crazy2:

This makes me a bit nervous. Especially since it’s our arrival day where we are surprising our daughter after driving about 4 hours that day, so definitely no rope drop. We actually plan on entering DCA first, will it be madness? I’m guessing it’ll be around 3-4pm

I was reading the weather was really humid for Anaheim? That could have added to the CM attitudes, most of us Californians don’t do humid ;) we have a dry heat out here!

Do you think they will still be bad once Summer is over? We are going on Monday Sep 17 :guilty:

there are 52 Mondays in the year.....50 of them are bad.....the other 2.....zonkers!!!! It is a statistical problem in relationship to 3 day weekend, airline travel and the start of a five day vacation....because everyone knows that Sundays are bad, so rest up and hit the parks Monday!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter