Moderate Resort Help!

JessicaRabbit13

Mouseketeer
I'm currently planning our trip for 2020 - waiting for the UK free dining offer.

My sister and I went in 2016 and stayed at CSR and absolutely loved it! We are taking our parents in 2020 for their first trip and are struggling to pick a moderate resort. For health reasons we would need to be near the main facilities - food court, pool, bus stop etc. We would probably have a few half days spending time relaxing at the resort.

CSR seems to be very different now and I don't know if we'd like it as much. Plus its spread out a lot which could be an issue.

CBR looks similar to CSR, so size is an issue. Will the new skyliner and DVC resort make it worth a stay?

Both Port Orleans resorts look great, but I'm nervous they won't be as good as CSR as we loved the dining and the atmosphere at CSR.

Which moderate do you think would be best to minimise walking but to enjoy spending time at the resort?

Agree - French Quarter is small and you can easily walk to all of the things you need from pretty much any room. Plus the boat ride to Disney Springs (for restaurants, shopping, etc) is very, very nice.

POFQ is definitely the most compact moderate, however, it is usually not included in the U.S. free dining offers. Not sure if that's the case with U.K. free dining as well? Otherwise, booking preferred in the larger resorts will guarantee you are close to the main hub of the resort.

POFQ is definitely the most compact moderate, however, it is usually not included in the U.S. free dining offers. Not sure if that's the case with U.K. free dining as well? Otherwise, booking preferred in the larger resorts will guarantee you are close to the main hub of the resort.

But don't forget that a preferred room will run you roughly $70 a night more than a standard room.

Man do I miss the good old days when it was only another $25 a night.

Really need to look at what is most important.

For FOOTPRINTS, from largest to smallest ...
CBR
POR
CSR
POFQ

While POFQ will be the smallest footprint, your room could be farther away than some rooms at the other resorts. So it may be worth your while if you prefer one of the others to simply pay the extra for preferred room location.

If you are doing the FULL DDP, then I would consider a resort with a full amenity of dining .. POFQ has no table service. CSR has more than any of the others, CBR has brand new dining options that look very appealing. And as previous stated you might not get Free Dining at FQ.

POR/POFQ have the option of the boat ride to Disney Springs if that is of interest, CBR will offer the gondola if that is something you would ride, CSR is the most centrally located and overall has had the best transportation for us.

CSR does have the tower opening but the rooms have just all been renovated which would be a plus for me.

Thanks Looks like POFQ might be worth booking. CSR and CBR preferred rooms are still cheaper though so might have a look at those.

Will the gondola system be beneficial at CBR when it opens?

Are the food courts pretty much equal in options etc?

Thanks Looks like POFQ might be worth booking. CSR and CBR preferred rooms are still cheaper though so might have a look at those.

Gondola will help a lot with transportation at CBR. Busses arent great there or at POR. However Martinique picks up first so always have a seat.

Food courts all similar. POFQ has beigneits (spelling) lol

Im very impressed with CBR. Always loved POFQ as my favorite MOD. Wasnt that impressed with POR. It was just OK.

Trying CSR this May.

CBR food court is all new and I have to say looks good enough I might drive over there just to eat. They have stepped dining up there.

CSR has several locations you can get QS or TS which we have always liked so you can't beat value for dining plan since you have options in one location.

POR has traditionally been one of the better food courts but we were not wowed last couple times, it seemed generic.

POFQ is small and we have never been impressed with anything there. Beignets are fried donuts that are different but they don't taste like the real ones if that matters.

But again, POFQ is usually blocked from deals like Free Dining, at least for us, so have a back up if they don't offer it to you.

Given your thoughts and concerns, I think you will LOVE Port Orleans and agree with others that the FQ may be your best choice given it's size. It is a sweet resort. Riverside is also great and I think you will be happy there as long as you are near the services you need... Good luck!

Really need to look at what is most important.

For FOOTPRINTS, from largest to smallest ...
CBR
POR
CSR
POFQ

While POFQ will be the smallest footprint, your room could be farther away than some rooms at the other resorts. So it may be worth your while if you prefer one of the others to simply pay the extra for preferred room location.

If you are doing the FULL DDP, then I would consider a resort with a full amenity of dining .. POFQ has no table service. CSR has more than any of the others, CBR has brand new dining options that look very appealing. And as previous stated you might not get Free Dining at FQ.

POR/POFQ have the option of the boat ride to Disney Springs if that is of interest, CBR will offer the gondola if that is something you would ride, CSR is the most centrally located and overall has had the best transportation for us.

CSR does have the tower opening but the rooms have just all been renovated which would be a plus for me.

CBR food court is all new and I have to say looks good enough I might drive over there just to eat. They have stepped dining up there.

CSR has several locations you can get QS or TS which we have always liked so you can't beat value for dining plan since you have options in one location.

POR has traditionally been one of the better food courts but we were not wowed last couple times, it seemed generic.

POFQ is small and we have never been impressed with anything there. Beignets are fried donuts that are different but they don't taste like the real ones if that matters.

But again, POFQ is usually blocked from deals like Free Dining, at least for us, so have a back up if they don't offer it to you.

Definitely agree with everything Hopperfan said!!!! Nailed it!

Last trip we stayed at POFQ and loved it - this trip POR which we liked but prefer POFQ better. It is small and walkable - has great bus service and wonderful bignets.

Love the theming of CB and CSR a little more than POR or POFQ but POR and POFQ have the boat to DS which is fantastic. Really love all moderates. As far as theming goes, POFQ is smaller and quaint but looks toomuch like where I live now so it doesn't give us that wow factor as far as looks. It is beautiful and gorgeous but just prefer the theme of CB and CSR better.

Thanks for your input :) It sounds like we can't go wrong in whichever one we pick. My mum prefers the idea of POFQ because she will have to do less walking plus she will probably enjoy the boat to Disney Springs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!