Reading through all these posts is getting me super excited! I've got my costume figured out, I just hope people will be able to tell who I am!

QUCTZds.jpg

I need to start working on my plan. My son is obsessed with the 7 dwarves right now and loves mine train. So our focus will be meeting 7 dwarves, Snow White, and riding mine train as much as possible. I also want to see hallowishes and the parade. I do have tickets for a second party and could deprioritize the fireworks.

Love reading everyone's plans to help me figure out our first party!

Question, our youngest was recently diagnosed with a serious tree nut allergy. This will be our first Halloween where we have to worry about his treats (he's 4). Are there some good special to the season treats he can still have, best places to get those treats?

And wanted to make sure I understand the token thing. Does he pick up a token at every station and then cash them in at one of the allergy locations or does he just get one token? His big brother has no allergy and I'm sure they will want to go to as many stations as possible! :hmghost:

Thank you for your encouragement! If it wasn't for the wonderful people on this thread I don't think we would be dressing up, we're actually feeling young again! Bob and I are looking forward to our first Disney vacation and have started walking in the morning and after dinner.

Bob and Betty are back! I can't wait to hear about how your first Disney trip goes, and I hope you have a wonderful Halloween party.

What a wonderful thread with great ideas, Thank you FoxC63 for your support. Does anybody know if the have any special sorcerer games at the Partys? What are the Cadaver Dans, are they fun?

Thanks for the shout out! :goodvibes

As far as any Special Games for Sorcerer of the Magic Kingdom, nope it's the same game you play during the day.

Here's WDW link for the Cadaver Dans:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/magic-kingdom/cadaver-dans/

How long is your trip?

Love reading everyone's plans to help me figure out our first party!

Question, our youngest was recently diagnosed with a serious tree nut allergy. This will be our first Halloween where we have to worry about his treats (he's 4). Are there some good special to the season treats he can still have, best places to get those treats?

And wanted to make sure I understand the token thing. Does he pick up a token at every station and then cash them in at one of the allergy locations or does he just get one token? His big brother has no allergy and I'm sure they will want to go to as many stations as possible! :hmghost:

Oooh so busted!!!! Someone didn't read posts 2-7 on the first page! :upsidedow Post #7 has a printable pdf of Trick or Treat locations which includes stops to pick up tokens :P My son also has nut allergies.

EDIT: Here's a great link to help you and note everyone in your party can get a TEAL bag as well as the original ToT bag. You can visit the same ToT location many, many times!
https://onthegoinmco.com/2016/09/05/mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-allergy-friendly

My friends you REALLY need to read page ONE and follow through :teleport: . Grab a cup of coffee and read, read read! :drinking1

Last edited:
I hope this question hasn't already been answered in the thread but what's on the MDE app during the party? I'm assuming it will show wait times for the rides but what about the special characters that only meet during the party? Will their wait times be listed on the app as well?

It's my very first time at CRT and I want to eat there this trip. With the price of that meal then I can't really afford EMM as well, even if I could find a different ADR time. It's not so much meeting the characters as eating in the castle for the first time :)

I've yet to do CRT but it is on the list, defiantly more about the Castle than the characters. I think I'm going to do it on the next trip as I'll likely do less character meals and table service and have more time and money to spare.

I'm not sure "when" it happened but I gained quite a bit of weight since last year. My doc says I'm stress eating? Taking care of others while not taking care of myself has taken it's toll :worried: So I've been doing a lot of this :cool1: and this :banana:! :upsidedow

I'm in a similar situation. My shorts were a bit tighter this year almost needed to buy the next size. I think mine was being made redundant from my job after the summer last year and then a very cold winter, lots of comfort food popcorn::. I do need to more of this too :banana::cool1:. I did find a great pair of shorts at Uniqlo in April but I didn't wear them till the hot weather started, really could have done with another pair and now all the summer stock is in sale they are gone. They are in the Disney Springs store....wonder if they can hold a pair for 70 days. :lmao:

What a wonderful thread with great ideas, Thank you FoxC63 for your support. We plan visiting on 08/29. Here is my plan, I would love to get tipps or her your advices.
We booked EMM before party dates were announced so the Day Starts early (@ Bex258 we did EMM last years and got tons of Minetrain pictures). I got fp for BTMT in the morning because I never can get enough of it. Then we will return to the resort pool and relax. Dress around 3:30 and return to the Park. After getting wristbands and sorcerer cards we have Buzz fp for 4:20 and SpaceM 5:20 pm. After that, my hubbie wants to play sorcerer, can you believe, he is more than 40 years but love to run around for hours to fight the villains. :stir: Does anybody know if the have any special sorcerer games at the Partys? Well after that we plan to hop on a lot of Rides, watch both Parades, which I think are the best Disney ever did, and do some ToT. Two years ago we saw the Parade near the bridge to Splash, which I want to try again. I do M&G by the way, but if the lines are too long, it is also okay. What are the Cadaver Dans, are they fun? For now I am not sure where to have diner, maybe try CHH. I know my plans are not very strategic but beeing there is perfect and we want to enjoy. Oh Well, I hardly can wait:yay:

Oooh that's good to know, maybe the person who said they didn't happened to be there on a day where it wasn't working, thanks. :bitelip:

I'm starting to wish I had done an ADR for BOG on my 26th party as I now plan to be Belle. I am thinking of taking my dress with me and wearing it at my ADR a couple of days later so I can get a pic in the restaurant and with the Beast. Not sure if it would be considered too much of a costume for a non party day though. Will post a picture when I make it though and see what you all think and keep my eye out for a cancelation.

I hope this question hasn't already been answered in the thread but what's on the MDE app during the party? I'm assuming it will show wait times for the rides but what about the special characters that only meet during the party? Will their wait times be listed on the app as well?

I remember during the first party last year @OhioStateBuckeye was reporting what characters were showing on the app just not sure about the wait times or how reliable they are.

I'm in a similar situation. My shorts were a bit tighter this year almost needed to buy the next size. I think mine was being made redundant from my job after the summer last year and then a very cold winter, lots of comfort food popcorn::. I do need to more of this too :banana::cool1:. I did find a great pair of shorts at Uniqlo in April but I didn't wear them till the hot weather started, really could have done with another pair and now all the summer stock is in sale they are gone. They are in the Disney Springs store....wonder if they can hold a pair for 70 days. :lmao:

I'm starting to wish I had done an ADR for BOG on my 26th party as I now plan to be Belle.

I purchased two of these in Extra Small: https://www.macys.com/shop/product/jm-collection-linen-blend-wide-leg-pants-only-at-macys?ID=4369372&CategoryID=50449&LinkType=&selectedSize=#fn=DEPARTMENT_TYPE=Pants&sp=1&spc=61&ruleId=9|BS|BA&slotId=16

Glad I got them when I did as the size is no longer available. I love the color Intrepid Blue! I turned them into a pair of shorts and a pair of Capri pants. With the left over fabric I made cargo pockets and attached them to the sides. These are very comfy. DH bought me a new phone Samsung Galaxy S8+ it's very long so the pockets are deep.

I need costume help! My look is Ariel as a Newsie. I made a knee-length green skirt and I have a purple button down top and brown boots (and a newsboy cap, of course!). I want to do some argyle socks but I don't know if I should do green socks or purple! I attached the two options I'm looking at. Which do you think is more 'Ariel'??

Attachments

• purple sock.JPG
    purple sock.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 4
  • green sock.JPG
    green sock.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 3

Ok, So we are doing the party in Sept and I was thinking of doing the memory maker for the party. Do I understand this correctly....we go to the party and have all our pictures taken. Then the next day I can take a look and select to purchase all the pictures from the party for the single day price? I was thinking I had to do it ahead when purchasing our tickets for the party....I just want to make sure I don't screw this up and not get the pictures from that night. DS is not one to have his picture taken....all depends on his mood so I am not going to worry about getting the MM for the entire trip but this is our first MNSSHP and I want whatever pictures I can get that night.
Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter