Does the bypass stay open through the whole party? We'll miss it since we'll be in the park already and I'd like to do it if possible. It's been reported it closes by 7ish.

11:15-11:50 Watch Boo-to-you on Main Street

Thank you. Any reports so far on the latest time anyone has been able to meet Lotso?

longtime lurker...any thoughts would be appreciated.

Going to party 10/13, just me and my DD7
will be in park early (passholder) so not to concerned with rides.

4pm..get wristbands at Tortuga Tavern
4:20 in line for Moana
5:45-6:10 Moana M+G
6:30 in line for Ariel and Eric
7-7:20 Ariel and Eric M+G
7:20-8:10 Roam fantasy land for any character meet with short lines (Ducks, Minnie, Goofy)/ ToT/ and head over to Haunted Mansion for photopass/entertainment
8:15 in line for Jamine and Genie
8:30-9 Jasmine and Genie M+G
9:15 parade watch by Country Bears

After parade..trick or treat and any rides/character meets with short lines...possibly Tarzan + Jane until DD conks out

Seems reasonable. Maybe get some food or special party treats if you find you have time between M&Gs.
will probably get food while on lines for characters. Other family members are with us until party starts so while i am waiting for moana she will be able to get food. my daughter has a lot of food allergies so no party treats for us, will be hitting up the allergy ToT center

What's everyone's thoughts-Cruella or the Pooh characters? They both have long lines so Im thinking it's one or the other for us. I'm leaning toward Pooh and friends but we tried to meet them last year and the wait was so long we left because we wanted to see the first parade. I'm thinking getting in line at 6:30ish should be early enough. @Cluelyss when you met them last year you went after the dwarves correct? Did you meet them before their first break? Also does anyone know if Cruella typically has a short wait after 10:30/11?

What's everyone's thoughts-Cruella or the Pooh characters? They both have long lines so Im thinking it's one or the other for us. I'm leaning toward Pooh and friends but we tried to meet them last year and the wait was so long we left because we wanted to see the first parade. I'm thinking getting in line at 6:30ish should be early enough. @Cluelyss when you met them last year you went after the dwarves correct? Did you meet them before their first break? Also does anyone know if Cruella typically has a short wait after 10:30/11?
Yes, we went right from the dwarfs, so arrived 6:40ish? And were one of the last groups in their first set.

Yes, we went right from the dwarfs, so arrived 6:40ish? And were one of the last groups in their first set.
Thanks-we got there just after 7 (met Minnie and the ducks right at 7 and then joined the line) but when they ended the first set we wound up leaving because the line moved so slowly we realized we wouldn't make the second set either and would miss the first parade if we stayed. They look so cute in their costumes that I'd really like to make it happen this year but we only have 1 party planned so have to make some tough decisions. Starting to get a little concerned about the weather this weekend/next week with this whole "Central American gyre" thing. We've been blessed to have great weather the past few Years when we have gone. Rain in the forecast every day with the possibility of heavy rain if it does head toward Orlando
:( :(

Thank you. Any reports so far on the latest time anyone has been able to meet Lotso?

All confirmed Meet & Greet times have been updated to the Main Character List over here: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/mnsshp-2017-my-party-plan-strategy-in-the-making.3604086/#post-57587124"]Post #6[/URL] I only see Lotso being seen between 9:50-10:05 That's why it's crucial fellow peeps keep track of their times and report back. Yes I know we're all there for a good time, but it really helps with planning. :flower1:

longtime lurker...any thoughts would be appreciated.

Going to party 10/13, just me and my DD7
will be in park early (passholder) so not to concerned with rides.

4pm..get wristbands at Tortuga Tavern
4:20 in line for Moana
5:45-6:10 Moana M+G
6:30 in line for Ariel and Eric
7-7:20 Ariel and Eric M+G
7:20-8:10 Roam fantasy land for any character meet with short lines (Ducks, Minnie, Goofy)/ ToT/ and head over to Haunted Mansion for photopass/entertainment
8:15 in line for Jamine and Genie
8:30-9 Jasmine and Genie M+G
9:15 parade watch by Country Bears

After parade..trick or treat and any rides/character meets with short lines...possibly Tarzan + Jane until DD conks out

After Moana I would do Minnie or Ducks then Goofy. It's been reported Ariel and Eric lines is short later in the evening. Everything else looks good to me! Since there are two of you attending there's no reason you can't use "Tag Team" and get other things done while waiting in lines.
Your itinerary has been posted to the Main Page :-)

After Moana I would do Minnie or Ducks then Goofy. It's been reported Ariel and Eric lines is short later in the evening. Everything else looks good to me! Since there are two of you attending there's no reason you can't use "Tag Team" and get other things done while waiting in lines.
Your itinerary has been posted to the Main Page :-)

Thanks for input..only thing, not sure i can tag team with my 7 year old as I will be only parent with her (rest of family leaving prior to party). Also she just decided to be the Mad Hatter so now i have to figure out when she can meet him...hopefully she can last to 10:30-11. otherwise have to do as much as I can as fast as I can

Thanks for input..only thing, not sure i can tag team with my 7 year old as I will be only parent with her (rest of family leaving prior to party). Also she just decided to be the Mad Hatter so now i have to figure out when she can meet him...hopefully she can last to 10:30-11. otherwise have to do as much as I can as fast as I can

Mad Hatter is at the Tea Cups you could wait and she can ride by herself while you watch, just a thought!

All confirmed Meet & Greet times have been updated to the Main Character List over here: Post #6 I only see Lotso being seen between 9:50-10:05 That's why it's crucial fellow peeps keep track of their times and report back. Yes I know we're all there for a good time, but it really helps with planning. :flower1:

I'll report back but it won't be til 10/26 so it won't help too many people lol

g2sFaWs.jpg

Finally painted my shirt for the party! DH decided to use felt and cut out Sullys spots and glue them on instead of painting them. I’ll post all our outfits together once that’s done!

So I finally committed and bought tickets for the November 1 party. I'm assuming it will be sold out. Here is my plan so far!

These were the characters at the top of my list:

Goofy
Ariel/Eric
Lotso
Captain Jack
Pooh/Tigger/Piglet/Eeyore
Queen of Hearts/Tweedles
Belle/Gaston
Daisy/Donald
5 - Jack and Sally
5:45 – Moana

3:40 - at gates ready to enter. Will quickly go down bypass and head to jack and sally
after 5 - get in line for Moana after Jack and Sally so long as it is not too long already
use fast passes if time
6:30 - Pooh characters or Belle and Gaston. Still haven't made up my mind. Belle and Gaston are so much fun to watch
-depending on time, check out waits for storybook circus characters like Goofy or Donald/Daisy
-check for spots for the first parade in Frontierland, if no front row available then head to the front of the park to line up near the train station
-grab sorcerer's card
-if we watch the parade on main street, duck into Mickey's line while the parade is ending
-find a spot for fireworks in the grass in front of Casey's
-Jack Sparrow
-HM and the magic shots around it
-Ariel/Eric
-Lotso
-see what has short lines

we will trick or treat throughout the party as we pass by

My party plans involve my husband and my then 3 year old. Tagging along for the dinner, parade, and show portions will be 2 friends and their 3 year old and another friend with her 4 year old. We're going on Friday, October 20th. Something to note, my husband and I work third shift, so my son goes to the baby-sitter at 10:30. He will have no problem staying up for the entire party. My friends are hoping their boys will sleep in their strollers.

3:30 arrive at Magic Kingdom
Hopefully be inside by 3:50 and take pictures in front of castle
4:15-4:35 Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin (fast pass from 3:30-4:30)
4:45-5 Meet Mickey Mouse (fast pass from 4:30-5:30)
5-5:30 go into access path thing for trick or treating and special pictures with signs? I'm not exactly sure what I'm talking about here. It's a backstage area?
5:40-6 Seven Dwarves Mine Train (fast pass from 5:30-6:30)
6-6:45 stay in Fantasy Land and hopefully ride things with shorter waits with an emphasis on Dumbo and the Barnstormer
7-8:30 dinner at Be Our Guest I know this is a waste of party time, but it's the only time we could get a reservation. Our plan is to look at the menu while we're waiting to check in so we can order everything with our drinks when we first sit down.
8-8:30 I am really hoping to be done with dinner by 8. If so, we'll use this half hour to ride the Haunted Mansion.
8:30-9:40 Boo to You parade We're planning to go to Main Street right after dinner to stake out a spot. Between the 5 adults, we're planning to hold our spot while taking the kids to trick or treat, get snacks, and shop in the Emporium
9:45-10:35 Hallowishes I figure adults can again take turns saving our spots while the other adults can take the kids to do things like trick or treat or ride rides. Is there any reason we couldn't stay in our parade spots and just turn to watch the fireworks?
10:45-11:35 Meet Lotso, I'm hoping some adults can wait in line while the other adults take any awake kids to the Monsters Inc Dance Party
11:40-12:20 Hocus Pocus stage show Again, some adults will save spots while others shop or trick or treat.

Lotso is the only must do character on my list. I definitely want to see the parade, the fireworks, Hocus Pocus show, and go to the dance party. Trick or treating is the least important. We'll trick or treat for real when we get home and if he doesn't get enough candy there, I can buy it for a lot cheaper than wasting party time on it. Does this itenerary look do-able? Thanks for looking at it for me! This is our first hard ticket event! I'm so excited, but I know everyone is looking to me for advice and it's stressing me out a bit.

I hate to bother you, but could someone check this and tell me what you think? I may have missed it, but I haven't seen any critique of it yet. I'm leaving the 16th and will be at the party on the 20th. Thanks so much! This post has helped so much!

I hate to bother you, but could someone check this and tell me what you think? I may have missed it, but I haven't seen any critique of it yet. I'm leaving the 16th and will be at the party on the 20th. Thanks so much! This post has helped so much!
I think this all looks totally doable. The one thing I will note, however, is that we have rarely been seated on time at BOG and dinner/meeting the Beast is normally a 90 minute experience for us. So I think being done by 8 is highly unlikely, 8:30 is much more realistic (and still may be a stretch). Other than that, I think your plan looks great - and I doubt you will spend 45 minutes waiting for Lotso. We met him after the fireworks last year and waited perhaps 15.

Oh, and yes, the bypass is a backstage-type area, used to divert the crowds away from Main Street.

I'm starting to rethink getting in line for the 7 Dwarfs at 5pm. Should I wait until later in the evening? I plan to watch the fireworks & second parade. Possibly the 10:45pm Hocus Pocus show (not sure I can last till midnight). We plan to be at the Magic Kingdom at rope drop that day.

I'm starting to rethink getting in line for the 7 Dwarfs at 5pm. Should I wait until later in the evening? I plan to watch the fireworks & second parade. Possibly the 10:45pm Hocus Pocus show (not sure I can last till midnight). We plan to be at the Magic Kingdom at rope drop that day.

You may as well get in line that early.

You'll have been in the park for most of the day so you might actually be ready for a break. Get a snack or some drinks and just settle down and take a break. It'll be out of the sun.

What else would you do during that time?

If you are one of the first to meet the dwarves you will have met a party exclusive character without using any party time.

After meeting them as one of the first groups, you can now go get in line for a character that starts at 7 if you'd like, and be one of the first to meet them.

You may as well get in line that early.

You'll have been in the park for most of the day so you might actually be ready for a break. Get a snack or some drinks and just settle down and take a break. It'll be out of the sun.

What else would you do during that time?

If you are one of the first to meet the dwarves you will have met a party exclusive character without using any party time.

After meeting them as one of the first groups, you can now go get in line for a character that starts at 7 if you'd like, and be one of the first to meet them.
Thank you for easing my anxiety :thanks:

Ok I'll do by best to help out for you just so you at least have a response.

First up Mickey will be in his day outfit at that point, he wouldn't be in his Halloween costume until 7pm - just in case you were meeting him for that.
Be Our Guest... I went on a non party night and it took me over an hour and I knew what I wanted. I'm using my photos as my time line.

My time was 6pm and I did check in a few minutes late due to the check in queue so first up get there a bit early to check in.
My times have converted back to UK time but the minutes are the same so about

6:26pm I have a picture where I was seated.
6:34pm I get my bread
6:44pm I get my meal
7:21pm I got my dessert.

I did not eat much of my meal and I barely touched my dessert (not their fault just my preference).

Then you get a chance to look around and queue up to meet the Beast. He also takes breaks so if you time that wrong you would be waiting longer.

Just some things to consider with your plan, maybe don't get any desserts? Or like you said order everything together.

Lotso took about 15 - 20 minutes after the fireworks for me I think.
e
There are some projections on the castle during Hallowishes but in my opinion you won't be missing much if you can't see that from your parade view, as long as you can see the fireworks your good.

Lotso late in the party was about 20 minutes for me.

Bypass in the town square and puts you out by the Plaza restaurant. It has a few photo props and the ToT bags and starter packs. I did a quick picture there but I mostly walked through getting a quick snap of the Halloween character statues because it was so hot, if its cooler that would be nice to enjoy for a minute or two longer.

If you have no plans to meet anyone before Dwarves then go an sit a chill out with some QS or a snack and just enjoy sitting still for a bit. That was a nice queue to wait in, the Moana and Jack and Sally queues I dealt with was in the sun/partiually in the sun and not pleasant. Evn the bit that went outside the building for Dwarves was still in the shade.

So I finally committed and bought tickets for the November 1 party. I'm assuming it will be sold out. Here is my plan so far!

These were the characters at the top of my list:

Goofy
Ariel/Eric
Lotso
Captain Jack
Pooh/Tigger/Piglet/Eeyore
Queen of Hearts/Tweedles
Belle/Gaston
Daisy/Donald
5 - Jack and Sally
5:45 – Moana

3:40 - at gates ready to enter. Will quickly go down bypass and head to jack and sally
after 5 - get in line for Moana after Jack and Sally so long as it is not too long already
use fast passes if time
6:30 - Pooh characters or Belle and Gaston. Still haven't made up my mind. Belle and Gaston are so much fun to watch
-depending on time, check out waits for storybook circus characters like Goofy or Donald/Daisy
-check for spots for the first parade in Frontierland, if no front row available then head to the front of the park to line up near the train station
-grab sorcerer's card
-if we watch the parade on main street, duck into Mickey's line while the parade is ending
-find a spot for fireworks in the grass in front of Casey's
-Jack Sparrow
-HM and the magic shots around it
-Ariel/Eric
-Lotso
-see what has short lines

we will trick or treat throughout the party as we pass by

Ok If you plan on it being sold out...I think you have too many characters on your top list

My first party was sold out and this is what I managed:

Jack and Sally
7 Dwarves
Donald and Daisy
Minnie
Goofy
Mickey - I missed all of the fireworks for him was 20 minutes maybe a bit longer.
2nd Parade
Hocus Pocus

2nd party for me which I believe was sold out was:-
Moana
Popcorn bucket
Pooh and friends
Genie and Jasmine - I had to sit through an Aladdin and Abu meet (I actually could have seen them and Jasmine and Genie but never mind)
Fireworks
2nd Parade
and somewhere between those, Lotso.

I don't know about Jack Sparrow but I'd guess his line would be quite busy and same with Queen of hearts and tweedles.

Hmm I'd go with...

Jack and Sally
Moana
Pooh and characters although they wont be out till 7pm I'd grab a snack or maybe mobile order QS if you need something to get as you head here as you want to be there early. I turned up as they left their regular meet and they took a break before I even met them.

Then look at doing Donald/Daisy and then Goofy if time, his line is short but the others may effect it. My Donald and Daisy line was an hour long though.

1st parade then fireworks.

Lotso will definitely be achievable after the fireworks and some other Diser's said Ariel and Eric seemed good late in the party.

I think you might get Jack in or maybe Queen of Hearts or Belle and Gaston the trouble is these are all different locations in the park.

Edit: Went back to the Original post as Jack is listed as leaving to go to the parade, I assume Queen of hearts too so they would do that during the second one as well.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter