How have I missed this thread? Great info and feedback! We're going to two parties, 10/3 - me, DS 4 and my sister and 10/6 - me and DS 4. Most of these wait time estimates come from TouringPlans.

10/3 MNSSHP - Tuesday
Flight arrives at 12:35 - hope to check into CBR, change into costumes, and be at MK for the 4pm opening.
3:20-4:20 - PotC FastPass
4:20-5:20 - SDMT FastPass
5:20-6:20 - DS and sis BTMRR FastPass, while I order dinner at Pecos Bill's
5:35-6:10 - Dinner
6:15 - Line up for Jack Sparrow while DS and sis play in Adventureland
7-7:25 Jack Sparrow
7:30 - Haunted Mansion
8:00 - Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
8:35 - Buzz Lightyear
8:45-9:15 - Trick or Treat any of these: Carousel of Progress, Stitch, Auntie Gravity's
Grab Pumpkin Cheesecake Dome from Gaston's?
9:15 - Peter Pan's Flight
9:45 - Haunted Mansion (again!)
10:10-10:45 - Trick or Treat: Heritage House, Riverboat, PotC, Jungle Cruise
10:45 - Get spot for Boo to You in Frontierland, sis to get Mickey pumpkin waffle sundae from Sleepy Hollow
Catch Mickey on the way out?

10/6 MNSSHP - Friday
3:30-4:30 - Peter Pan's Flight FastPass
4:30-5:30 - Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh FastPass
5:05-5:50 - Pinocchio's Village Haus for dinner
5:30-6:30 - Jungle Cruise FastPass
6:10 - PotC
6:45 - Buzz Lightyear
7:00 - Pirate Goofy
7:35 - Under the Sea
7:50 - Haunted Mansion
8:15-9:15 - Trick or Treating
9:15 - Check-in for Hallowishes Dessert Party
9:15-10:20 - Dessert Party/Hallowishes
10:30 - Frontierland for Boo to You

We're going to two parties, 10/3 - me, DS 4 and my sister and 10/6 - me and DS 4. Most of these wait time estimates come from TouringPlans.

:welcome: to the party and nice work! Your itinerary has been posted to the Main Post for easier access! Please do not re-post your itinerary.

Here now. Here are my experiences with characters so far:
- in line for Moana at 420, she came out at 545, done by 555

Hope this helps any future party goers!

How fast did the line form? Think we'd be too far back if we came closer to 5? My 2yo twins are obsessed wth Moana but I'm not sure if they'll wait that long

How fast did the line form? Think we'd be too far back if we came closer to 5? My 2yo twins are obsessed wth Moana but I'm not sure if they'll wait that long

Now that the word is out and the fact she meets at 5:45 line will start forming closer to 4pm. It has been reported her line maintained a two hour wait. Your best bet is to get in line at 4pm and alternate saving the spot while doing other things.

Now that the word is out and the fact she meets at 5:45 line will start forming closer to 4pm. It has been reported her line maintained a two hour wait. Your best bet is to get in line at 4pm and alternate saving the spot while doing other things.
I've read about the 2 hr waits too :(

And the saving the spot thing-- isn't that frowned upon? Don't get me wrong, I'd love to be able to take a cranky toddler away for a bit of distraction and then back to our spot in line but I don't want to get the evil eye.

And the saving the spot thing-- isn't that frowned upon? Don't get me wrong, I'd love to be able to take a cranky toddler away for a bit of distraction and then back to our spot in line but I don't want to get the evil eye.
Folks hold spots for special party characters all the time. We normally all get in line together, then take turns coming and going so that everyone around us is aware of our group size. The issue is when 1 person holds the line the entire time then 10 more people show up at the last minute. That will make those around you cranky.

Folks hold spots for special party characters all the time. We normally all get in line together, then take turns coming and going so that everyone around us is aware of our group size. The issue is when 1 person holds the line the entire time then 10 more people show up at the last minute. That will make those around you cranky.

I whole hardheartedly agree with @Cluelyss. In fact many of the itineraries that are currently posted on the Main Post have "Tag Team" written under such meets as Moana, Jack & Sally and 7 Dwarfs. My son has ADHD/Autism and there is no way I'd make him stand in line for 2hrs. It would be so disruptive to other guests, stressful for me and my husband not to mention what the impact would be on my son.

We're going to two parties, 10/3 - me, DS 4 and my sister and 10/6 - me and DS 4. Most of these wait time estimates come from TouringPlans.

According to Touring Plans Oct 3rd party is ranked #13 and Oct 6th is ranked #22 That's going to be a very busy party.

10/3 MNSSHP - Tuesday
Flight arrives at 12:35 - hope to check into CBR, change into costumes, and be at MK for the 4pm opening.
3:20-4:20 - FP PotC - FastPass time? Fair Warning, if this is on your Party Ticket you may have issues.
4:20-5:20 - FP SDMT - FastPass time?
5:20-6:20 - FP BTMRR - FastPass time? (DS & Sis)
---Tag Team: while I order dinner at Pecos Bill's
I don't understand, are you planning on eating there or getting it to go? Because if you order it you could do that while standing in line for Jack Sparrow. When your son and sister are done with the ride they can pick it up and meet you in line.
5:20-7:25 Jack Sparrow
---Tag Team: Eat together
---Tag Team: DS and Sis play in Adventureland
7:30-7:55 Haunted Mansion
8:00-8:30 Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
8:35-8:50 - Buzz Lightyear Ride - Allow at least 15 minutes.
8:55-9:15 - Trick or Treat any of these: Carousel of Progress, Stitch, Auntie Gravity's
Grab Pumpkin Cheesecake Dome from Gaston's? - Way too much for 20 minutes
9:15-9:40 Peter Pan's Flight
9:45-10:05 Haunted Mansion (again!)
10:45-11:35 11:15 Boo to You in Frontierland
---Tag Team: Sis to get Mickey pumpkin waffle sundae from Sleepy Hollow
11:40-12:00 Mickey

Thanks for the feedback! I'll adjust our expectations accordingly - figured we had too much packed in before the parade. Wishful thinking!

According to Touring Plans Oct 3rd party is ranked #13 and Oct 6th is ranked #22 That's going to be a very busy party.

10/3 MNSSHP - Tuesday
3:20-4:20 - FP PotC - FastPass time? Fair Warning, if this is on your Party Ticket you may have issues.
4:20-5:20 - FP SDMT - FastPass time?
5:20-6:20 - FP BTMRR - FastPass time? (DS & Sis)
These are the FP times - 3:20-4:20, etc. They are on the party ticket, we don't have day tickets at all. So far there have only been a few issues reported, but if it doesn't work its not a big deal.
---Tag Team: while I order dinner at Pecos Bill's
I don't understand, are you planning on eating there or getting it to go? Because if you order it you could do that while standing in line for Jack Sparrow. When your son and sister are done with the ride they can pick it up and meet you in line.
5:20-7:25 Jack Sparrow
Sorry, this should say 6:20. Jack's meet starts at 7, but DS won't wait in line that long. I'm going to get in line at PBs and order while they ride BTMMR (because I can't ride) and they'll join me as soon as they finish. We'll eat together at the restaurant and then go to Adventureland. Hoping to be in line for Jack at 6:20, 6:30 at the latest. I didn't think about taking it to go, but that's a great idea. We'll definitely do that if we're running out of time!
---Tag Team: Eat together
---Tag Team: DS and Sis play in Adventureland
7:30-7:55 Haunted Mansion
8:00-8:30 Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
8:35-8:50 - Buzz Lightyear Ride - Allow at least 15 minutes.
8:55-9:15 - Trick or Treat any of these: Carousel of Progress, Stitch, Auntie Gravity's
Grab Pumpkin Cheesecake Dome from Gaston's? - Way too much for 20 minutes
Yes it is lol. I guess we'll split up again to conquer trick or treating and the wait at Gaston's. We can drop a ride or ToT line, too.
9:15-9:40 Peter Pan's Flight
9:45-10:05 Haunted Mansion (again!)
10:45-11:35 11:15 Boo to You in Frontierland
---Tag Team: Sis to get Mickey pumpkin waffle sundae from Sleepy Hollow
11:40-12:00 Mickey

We were originally supposed to attend the party on 9/12. We will now be attending on Tuesday 9/19 as we pushed our trip back a week bc of Irma. I am thinking of adding the 9/17 party to our plans. I was thinking of adding this party so we can ride rides with shorter wait times. ( bc we lost all of our good FPs when we moved our trip) I have noticed that many have also pushed their trips back a week and that the resorts are at capacity. The original night we planned to attend crowds were to be predicted to be low. I have a feeling that the parties next week will most likely have larger crowds than expected. (I could be wrong. I'm no expert by any means!) I was wondering what ride wait times are like a crowded parties? The tickets are expensive and if the wait times would be similar to regular park days, maybe it wouldn't be worth it? Or, if the parties are super crowded, maybe I would need 2 parties to get done what I had hoped to do at one? Any thoughts?

We were originally supposed to attend the party on 9/12. We will now be attending on Tuesday 9/19 as we pushed our trip back a week bc of Irma. I am thinking of adding the 9/17 party to our plans. I was thinking of adding this party so we can ride rides with shorter wait times. ( bc we lost all of our good FPs when we moved our trip) I have noticed that many have also pushed their trips back a week and that the resorts are at capacity. The original night we planned to attend crowds were to be predicted to be low. I have a feeling that the parties next week will most likely have larger crowds than expected. (I could be wrong. I'm no expert by any means!) I was wondering what ride wait times are like a crowded parties? The tickets are expensive and if the wait times would be similar to regular park days, maybe it wouldn't be worth it? Or, if the parties are super crowded, maybe I would need 2 parties to get done what I had hoped to do at one? Any thoughts?

I think the very popular rides will have 45+ minute waits depending on when you plan to ride them. From what I'm seeing based on the itineraries posted here many are planning to ride them early on with FP's. I wish there was more information to help guide you. I think one of the best way is for you to monitor the posted wait times during this upcoming party through the app. If you don't have it get it. Hopefully our September peeps will post their experiences here or on the Main Thread too but most likely it won't encompass all the rides and several will make mention of a ride wait time but not note what time they saw it, so that's a bit useless.

WARNING - September Peeps

@MissMaryQC , @HillsboroHoppers , @Alicialee05 , @wenpop and @sherlockmiles

I am now getting concerned about the hurricane and your party plans. Currently at 60-70% chance of rain and thunderstorms in the evening. It's been reported from those who attended the last party that once they left the park are now having issues with compensation. Right now you have TWO choices; either try for another date or attend the party and deal with MK Guest Services before you leave the park. Personally I would call and try to get my party date switched.

Reservations: 407-934-7639 - Have your Resort # handy
Info and Ticket Sales: 407-824-4321

If you choose to select a new date, make sure to look at Touring Plans Least Crowded Predictions:
http://blog.touringplans.com/2017/05/12/find-least-crowded-halloween-party-2017/

If you choose to stay make sure to pick up the SotMK card and go directly to MK Guest Services.

Please post me a note what your intentions are. Thanks!

Alright, I'm back! We are rescheduled for the 10/1 party... and now that is also our MK day, so I will be updating my plans at some point in the near future!

Thanks for the feedback! I'll adjust our expectations accordingly - figured we had too much packed in before the parade. Wishful thinking!

You have enter at 4pm but from what I've seen guests are allowed in at 3:45. I have asked "How long does it take to get through the Main Street Bypass" because others have stated the lines were long, so I'm recommending 15 minutes. Since you only have Party Tickets you should be fine. FP times should be on the right. The left side is when you need to be there and what time you should be done. So this is how real time looks like:

3:45-4:00 Main Street Bypass
4:05-4:30 FP PotC 3:20-4:20
4:35-5:00 FP SDMT 4:20-5:20
5:05-5:15 ??
5:20-5:40 FP BTMRR 5:20-6:20
---Tag Team: I order dinner at Pecos Bill's - so what are you saying, where will you be when you place your food order?
?:??-?:?? Pecos Bill's - I'm not sure if your paying out of pocket but this restaurant is part of mobile ordering. Link: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/mobile-food-orders/ and yes you can get your food to go, they'll have it ready but you might have to pack it up.

Last edited:

Thursday, Oct 5 MK
9a-7p & MNSSHP 4p-12

@Mickey Star Traders (Apparel, Ornament, & trading logo pin)
6:10-7:10 Minnie, Daisy, & Donald
Tag Team shopping @Big Top Souvenirs (Apparel, ornaments, trading pins) Tag Team ToTing @Pete's Silly Sideshow
7:15-7:30 Goofy Pirate
7:30-8:15 Gaston w/ Belle
Tag Team Skeleton Dance Magic Shot near Ariel's Grotto
8:15-8:30 ToTing Riverboat lower landing, Heritage House (AF)
8:30-9:45 9:15 BTY Parade (Frontierland- Start) (Headless Horseman 9:05) Tag Team shopping @Frontierland Trading Post (pins)
9:55-10:00 Cadaver Dans
10:15-10:45 Seven Dwarfs
10:50-11:45 Talking Mickey/ Cruella De Vil
11:45-12:00 ToTing Town Square Hall
12:00-? Shopping Emporium (Apparel, Ornaments, Trading Pins)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday, Oct 6 MK 9a-7p & MNSSHP 4p-12

7:00 Depart Poly for MK
7:30 arrive at MK (photopass in front of park)
7:30-7:55 enter park, photopass pictures Main Street and front of Castle
8:00-8:55 Cinderella's Royal Table adr 8:05
9:02-9:11 Tomorrow Land Speedway
9:13-9:27 Astro Orbiter
9:35-9:45 Tomorrow Land People Mover
9:50-9:57 Dumbo
9:58-10:05 FP 7DMT 9:45-10:45
*29 minutes free time
10:50-11:14 FP Enchanted Tales w/Belle 10:50-11:50
11:23-11:43 Jungle Cruise
11:50-12:05 FP Pirates of the Caribbean 11:55-12:55

*12:10-3:10 Return to Poly for 12:30 adr lunch at Kona Cafe and rest

3:10 Depart Poly for MK
3:40-4:45 Liberty Tree Tavern adr 3:45
4:50 Wristbands and ToT bags (Fantasyland Fantasy Fare)
4:50-6:20 Ride rides, shopping
6:20-7:10 Pooh & Gang
Tag Team shopping @Big Top Souvenirs (Apparel, ornaments, trading pins) Tag Team ToTing @Pete's Silly Sideshow
7:15-8:10 Haunted Mansion
Ride HM/ Hitchhiking Ghosts Magic Shot/ watch Madame Carlotta/ Grim Grinning Ghost Driver Magic Shot (Hearse in front)/ Cemetery Watchman (~8pm)
8:10-8:30 ToTing Peter Pan's Flight/ Philharmagic/ Pinocchio's
8:30-8:40 Check-in & reserve table for Tomorrow Land Dessert Party
8:40-9:15 Headless Horseman Magic Shot/ SotMK Card/ Poison Apple Magic Shot/ Grave Diggers Magic Shot (Town Square Pumpkin Patch)
9:15-9:45 Dessert Party
9:45-10:30 10:15 Hallowishes (Plaza Garden)
10:30-11:50 10:45 Hocus Pocus, 11:15 BTY Parade (Plaza Garden)
11:55-12:40 Jack & Sally meet
"Plaza viewing. I was hoping that we might be able to remain there post fireworks to see Hocus Pocus and BTY Parade. I don't know if this is allowed or if they will require us to leave after Hallowishes."

I thought that's what you meant but had to be certain. The Plaza Garden is perfect to view fireworks ONLY. So yes, you will need to move in the circled location to see the parade and maybe closer to view Hocus Pocus.

Your plans are really well thought out. I'm just concerned about the timing for the Dwarfs, I'm not 100% sure it's enough time. So far we have a few posted wait times for the characters, now that Moana is in play it's very possible your plan could work flawlessly but there's still that uncertainty. You'll know when to tweak your timing as the evening unfolds, just keep your eye on the crowds.
I suggest getting in line for Jack & Sally by 11:30, 11:40.

That's important to know that we'll have to move from the Plaza Garden viewing area over to try to find a spot on the curb

I'll adjust the timing for the Dwarfs to give us more time. We'll also be sure to try to head over to line up for Jack & Sally as soon BTY
"Plaza viewing. I was hoping that we might be able to remain there post fireworks to see Hocus Pocus and BTY Parade. I don't know if this is allowed or if they will require us to leave after Hallowishes."

I thought that's what you meant but had to be certain. The Plaza Garden is perfect to view fireworks ONLY. So yes, you will need to move in the circled location to see the parade and maybe closer to view Hocus Pocus.

Your plans are really well thought out. I'm just concerned about the timing for the Dwarfs, I'm not 100% sure it's enough time. So far we have a few posted wait times for the characters, now that Moana is in play it's very possible your plan could work flawlessly but there's still that uncertainty. You'll know when to tweak your timing as the evening unfolds, just keep your eye on the crowds.
I suggest getting in line for Jack & Sally by 11:30, 11:40.

Okie dokie, I'll continue tweaking
Thank you!

I'm particularly worried about the two bolded items. The ducks and Minnie are 2 separate lines this year, based on what I've read from the early parties. You'll likely be done with the first line by 7:10 if you line up around 6:30, but I expect you'll have a minimum 30 minute wait for the second line.

I also think you'll encounter a longer wait for Belle & Gaston. Especially since you won't be arriving until closer to 8 after seeing both the ducks and Minnie.

Thanks for seeing this! The ducks and Minnie aren't must-dos for us since we're planning to meet them for Minnie's Seasonal Dine at HS on Sat. 10/7. I'll keep tweaking and scratch them from the plans. Thanks again!

I sadly have no one to tag team with but I have spent many a day sitting outside of music venues waiting from around 9am until 7pm to try and get a front row spot so I'm quite used to waiting.

I have a couple of non party questions that I could use help with, didn't get a response on the September thread. I've put them in a spoiler so it doesn't interrupt the thread. I learnt that trick yesterday. :cool2:

Anyone used Mears shuttle to go outside of Disney? I could only find one review saying that they didn't pick them up and another that said it was good.

I have a breakfast ADR at Trattoria al Forno and Cape May Café - I am not driving and I don't use Uber or Lyft. I plan on getting a bus to HS and then walking along the boardwalk, they are at 7:35am and 8:05am - not sure if that plan will work

I've got a few tweaks to make to my costumes and wash the clothes and then I should be able to post a picture. My cold is going, still iffy about my back/neck.

This thread is SOOO helpful, thanks for putting all this info together! We just booked a party night on 10/13 just before boarding the Disney Fantasy for a 7 day cruise on 10/14! I think I have opposite plans of most people on here, LOL. This party is our only park time, and we will also have a halloween party night on the ship... so we will be focusing on the things that aren't on the ship - RIDES! From what I understand, the ride lines are pretty short, since most people are at the halloween events and special character M&Gs? I hope this is true! We are getting excited!!

This thread is SOOO helpful, thanks for putting all this info together! We just booked a party night on 10/13 just before boarding the Disney Fantasy for a 7 day cruise on 10/14! I think I have opposite plans of most people on here, LOL. This party is our only park time, and we will also have a halloween party night on the ship... so we will be focusing on the things that aren't on the ship - RIDES! From what I understand, the ride lines are pretty short, since most people are at the halloween events and special character M&Gs? I hope this is true! We are getting excited!!

Woohoo! :welcome: to the party! Scroll up and read Post #1631 :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter