• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We are going 8/29. I wish there was a hard and fast schedule so I could plan but here is what I am thinking so far.

Get up, swim. Go to T-Rex when they open and run the kids ragged. Go back to Pop for a nap around 1-1:30 (fingers crossed they sleep). Wake up, get dressed in our costumes and head over to the party. I would like to meet Gaston and Belle because he was my favorite M&G. Does anyone know when the lines start for them?

Not sure what we are going to FP yet. I guess I should think about that now. Once the party starts, my only must dos are the parade and fireworks. Maybe check out the dance parties. I would like to do minimal trick or treating since we are flying home the next day, but we will see what the kids think of that.

Do you guys recommend watching the parade from Frontierland? Or is it much better to see on Main Street? How far in advance should we look for a spot?

Thanks for all of the help!

We are going 8/29. I wish there was a hard and fast schedule so I could plan but here is what I am thinking so far.

Get up, swim. Go to T-Rex when they open and run the kids ragged. Go back to Pop for a nap around 1-1:30 (fingers crossed they sleep). Wake up, get dressed in our costumes and head over to the party. I would like to meet Gaston and Belle because he was my favorite M&G. Does anyone know when the lines start for them?

Not sure what we are going to FP yet. I guess I should think about that now. Once the party starts, my only must dos are the parade and fireworks. Maybe check out the dance parties. I would like to do minimal trick or treating since we are flying home the next day, but we will see what the kids think of that.

Do you guys recommend watching the parade from Frontierland? Or is it much better to see on Main Street? How far in advance should we look for a spot?

I don't have the answers to your questions, but wanted to say hi, since that's my party day too!

I have always watched from Frontierland, somewhere on the bend as they go into the square. We are going the 29th too. Sorting costumes now.

I have always watched from Frontierland, somewhere on the bend as they go into the square. We are going the 29th too. Sorting costumes now.
:flower3: Hi there me too on the costumes- I think that I will be snow white. My son will probably just wear a T-shirt, and my daughter is thinking about a costume called party poison from my chemical romance (One of my daughters favorite bands). I've tried to convince her to do a Disney costume, but 13-year-olds can be very opinionated, LOL.

:wave:Hi and :welcome:!!! Feel free to peruse the pages on this thread starting on page one, there is a lot of information including links and printable PDF's to help you create an awesome itinerary.

Gaston and Village Belle start their meet & greet at 7pm and they are located at Gaston's Tavern. I recommend getting in their line at 6pm or sooner or 11pm for a shorter wait. When you schedule your fastpass+ make sure your end time is 6:30pm or it may be cancelled, here is how they should look: 3:30-4:30, 4:30-5:30 and 5:30-6:30. Frontierland is a great place to watch the parade but choose your viewing side carefully, once it's over you'll be able to go directly to another land for rides or meet other characters.;)

Costumes? popcorn::

:flower3: Hi there me too on the costumes- I think that I will be snow white. My son will probably just wear a T-shirt, and my daughter is thinking about a costume called party poison from my chemical romance (One of my daughters favorite bands). I've tried to convince her to do a Disney costume, but 13-year-olds can be very opinionated, LOL.

We're going as CD Comic characters DH - Two-Face, DS (14yr) - Joker and I'll be Harley Quinn! I so agree "13 -year-olds can be very opinionated" were going through the same phase you are!:laughing:

Last edited:

:wave:Hi and :welcome:!!! Feel free to peruse the pages on this thread starting on page one, there is a lot of information including links and printable PDF's to help you create an awesome itinerary.

Gaston and Village Belle start their meet & greet at 7pm and they are located at Gaston's Tavern. I recommend getting in their line at 6pm or sooner or 11pm for a shorter wait. When you schedule your fastpass+ make sure your end time is 6:30pm or it may be cancelled, here is how they should look: 3:30-4:30, 4:30-5:30 and 5:30-6:30. Frontierland is a great place to watch the parade but choose your viewing side carefully, once it's over you'll be able to go directly to another land for rides or meet other characters.;)

Costumes? popcorn::

Thanks! I have been going back and forth between all of the threads. We are doing the 3 PJ Masks and Romeo.

Do I need a reservation to Beaches and Cream if all I want is a bananna split? Everytime I go to the dining reservations page there is that picture of the delicious looking bananna split staring me in the face and now I seriously want one but there are no reservations available for B&C the week of my trip. Who do I have to kill to get a bananna split???!!!

Well our schedule for the end of our trip changed a bit so now we'll be going to Ohana for breakfast on our party night instead of the day before we fly out. I got an adr for 11am. So I figured at least an hour maybe an hour and a half there. Maybe go to Disney springs for a bit or just explore the poly before heading to MK for mnsshp. Is it crazy to get to the gate at MK around like 2:30? We're going Halloween night.

I didn't want to do anything other than the party that day so we wouldn't be too exhausted, but if we don't do Ohana that day we'll have to skip it this trip all together. Last year DD was 5 and we spent most of our week doing 12+ hour days, so I think now at 7 she should be able to make it to midnight no problem.

Do I need a reservation to Beaches and Cream if all I want is a bananna split? Everytime I go to the dining reservations page there is that picture of the delicious looking bananna split staring me in the face and now I seriously want one but there are no reservations available for B&C the week of my trip. Who do I have to kill to get a bananna split???!!!

They have a Walk up Counter for take outs. :-) YUM!!!

Well our schedule for the end of our trip changed a bit so now we'll be going to Ohana for breakfast on our party night instead of the day before we fly out. I got an adr for 11am. So I figured at least an hour maybe an hour and a half there. Maybe go to Disney springs for a bit or just explore the poly before heading to MK for mnsshp. Is it crazy to get to the gate at MK around like 2:30? We're going Halloween night.

I didn't want to do anything other than the party that day so we wouldn't be too exhausted, but if we don't do Ohana that day we'll have to skip it this trip all together. Last year DD was 5 and we spent most of our week doing 12+ hour days, so I think now at 7 she should be able to make it to midnight no problem.

Hmm, I think 2:30 is a bit early, 3:15 for a sold out party is ideal and 3:30 for non sold out works very good. If you choose to arrive early make sure someone stands in line while you take photos of the surrounding fall decorations. :earsboy:

Hmm, I think 2:30 is a bit early, 3:15 for a sold out party is ideal and 3:30 for non sold out works very good. If you choose to arrive early make sure someone stands in line while you take photos of the surrounding fall decorations. :earsboy:

Okay I think I'll shoot for 3:00/3:15pm. Yes I can't wait to see all the decorations!

3pm is perfect! Oh and take turns sitting down too!

Oh definitely! We're doing two full days at universal studios, then our Disney day with mnsshp, and then another full day at universal. It's going to be amazing but our poor feet!

A couple of questions around fastpass and the party. We want to make our party day a non park day, like many others. We have a 7 day pass for the other 7 days we intend to visit parks. When I go to make FP for the party day, how do I make sure that they are tied to the party ticket, and not our 7 day ticket? If the party lets you in from 4, can you make the FP reservation for 3.30 even though your ticket doesn't give you official entry till 4? Making it for before the start won't mean they link it to a park ticket Day instead?

A couple of questions around fastpass and the party. We want to make our party day a non park day, like many others. We have a 7 day pass for the other 7 days we intend to visit parks. When I go to make FP for the party day, how do I make sure that they are tied to the party ticket, and not our 7 day ticket? If the party lets you in from 4, can you make the FP reservation for 3.30 even though your ticket doesn't give you official entry till 4? Making it for before the start won't mean they link it to a park ticket Day instead?

I've got you covered see Post #161

Last edited:
Ok, I am sure I am just not looking in the right place, but I couldn't see any answer about how they differentiate FP between party day and park day tickets?? I am sure I just am not understanding which thing I need to look at. Sorry!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter